Princess tranfers or taxi to hotel in Sydney?

galelynn

We have paid for the transfers from Princess from the airport to Four Seasons hotel to begin our tour on 02/06/05. Wondering if a representative from Princess will be there to greet us? Would it be easier to get a taxi and wondering the price of the taxi for 2 with luggage US dollars? :confused:

Galelynn & rockgarden - if your luggage is not excessive you can WALK to the Four Seasons hotel. You will be able to see the hotel from the ship dock (it will be almost in front of the ship). Do you have a good map of Sydney city with the ship dock and the hotel marked on it? It really is very close!

I estimate it would only take a maximum of 10 minutes to walk there, and that's probably only waiting for a traffic light to change. I think you would feel you had wasted your money if you took the Princess transfer (notoriously overpriced).

However if you feel your luggage will make it difficult, I'd suggest you just take a taxi from the dock.

Enjoy your cruise and your time 'down under'

Hi Galelynn and Rockgarden,

I think Robyn misunderstood your question. It is only a hop, step and a jump from the hotel to the ship but you asked about the cost from the airport to the hotel. It would only cost you about $20AUD which is about $15US to go from the airport into the city where your hotel is located. Perhaps a couple of dollars more depending on how much luggage you have.

I am sure you have paid a lot more for the transfers. I would cancel them, get your luggage and just go to the area where the taxis are and get a taxi into the city. It is signposted very clearly and there are plentiful. It is no hassle.

Spend the money on a trip on the harbour and think of us Aussies from the C.C. Board. Have a wonderful time in our country.

Jennie

I am sure you have paid a lot more for the transfers. I would cancel them, get your luggage and just go to the area where the taxis are and get a taxi into the city. It is signposted very clearly and there are plentiful. It is no hassle.
And knowing what cruise line transfers are like, it'll probably be much faster to get a taxi, too.

Taxis come in different sizes. Even if your luggage is a bit too big for the standard size taxi, tell the despatcher and he will juggle things around so that you can get a bigger one, perhaps a station wagon or (if things are really bad) a minibus-size taxi.

Ooops! :o :o Sorry, Galelynn I did misunderstand your question - should read these threads twice before hitting the 'reply' button!

Aussie Gal & Globaliser are quite correct - a taxi would be a much better option for you. The signs at the airport to the taxi rank outside the arrival area are clearly marked. Can't imagine what Princess charges for such a transfer :eek:

So if you were thinking of also taking a Princess transfer from the hotel to the ship at the start of your cruise (luggage permitting) it is quite walkable, or again a taxi would be a better option

I've never seen the taxi rank at the IPT when a ship arrives, but I imagine that quite a number of taxis will go there trying to get jobs, and that there will be the usual mix of sizes that you see at the airport taxi rank. At worst, I'm sure there'll be someone who can call for a big one if there aren't any who've turned up of their own accord.

• 2 years later...
It is only a hop, step and a jump from the hotel to the ship but you asked about the cost from the airport to the hotel. It would only cost you about $20AUD which is about $15US to go from the airport into the city where your hotel is located. Perhaps a couple of dollars more depending on how much luggage you have.
Just wanted to update this old thread with a current price. Taxis that pick up from Sydney airport now have to charge AUD 2.50 extra for some sort of airport charge. Today, a taxi from the airport to the city centre cost me AUD 25 all in. If starting from the international terminal (which is slightly further from the city) and ending at Circular Quay (which is slightly further from the airport than where I got out), this might get up to AUD 30.

Still miles better than a cruise line transfer, and probably infinitely faster (20 minutes today).

And remember: you don't have to tip the driver. However much every bone in your body wants to do it, he won't expect one.

Does anyone know what Princess charges for airport to hotel in Sydney?

Hi bxny. Just about always easier, faster, more convenient to take a taxi even if Princess would be a little cheaper....which I doubt. Nothing worse than waiting for a bus to fill..... plus luggage.

We have taken both modes of transfers from cruise to hotel or airport and I find that either way is fine with us. Remember getting off a cruise ship there are about 1200 - 1300 passengers looking for a ride. Yes the bus waits to fill up, but at least you are sitting down, if you to, instead of standing in line waiting for a taxi to be available. We did the taxi wait in Sydney and it was at least a half hour wait, we enjoyed the moment chatting with the folks around us. The cost well I cannot compare them because I don't know what the bus charges, but taxi was fairly reasonable and yes not tipping necessary, and hard not be wanting to give one. Either way we have enjoyed the moment it is part of the vacation.

Archived