Awesome Video-Oasis

janetz

Absolutely amazing. Do you know what 24 inches is in the context of a ship that large, going under a bridge that high, on something as variable as the sea?

I'll tell you what it is, it is enough to make me wet my pants if I'm (A) the captain, (B) any local official who gave permission to transit under the bridge, © any engineer who took any measurements.

Of course, if I'm any of the three people above, I probably would have a few drinks at some point and tell everyone how I knew it was all going to work out just fine. I heard the smokestacks can be lowered which is interesting. I'm sure if the ship has ballast tanks, they were completely filled as well.

What an awesome video! Thanks for posting it:)

I loosing something here. What is so awesome about this video? A video of a ship in the dark going under a bridge. Da-a-a-a. A video of a new ship, awesome no, I'm hard to empress.

Awesome would have been, the video, taking you into the theater and coming out and up through the middle of the ship, then panning the ship from afar on the fly. I guess some people are just so easy to please and amuse.

I'll tell you what it is, it is enough to make me wet my pants if I'm (A) the captain, (B) any local official who gave permission to transit under the bridge, © any engineer who took any measurements.

You forgot (D)Anyone crossing the bridge and seeing that coming!! :eek:

:D;)

I loosing something here. What is so awesome about this video? A video of a ship in the dark going under a bridge. Da-a-a-a. A video of a new ship, awesome no, I'm hard to empress.

Awesome would have been, the video, taking you into the theater and coming out and up through the middle of the ship, then panning the ship from afar on the fly. I guess some people are just so easy to please and amuse.

Huh? Empress?

I'm one of the lucky one's that got invited to the nov 27th preview

and seeing the ship makes me feel excited

can't wait until i see it first hand will take lots of pictures

and movies have a inside balcony overlooking the park

I was surprised at how quickly the ship was going under the bridge (unless the video was sped up). I know the final few seconds were really fast-forwarded, but the middle looked like it was real-time.

--Michael

This story made all the local news outlets in Miami. Apparently they were confident. They went under the bridge at 20 knots! I have to wonder if she will need go under any bridges while in service. I would hope most major ports are open to the ocean.

A related local story about the terminal in Ft. Lauderdale:

http://cbs4.com/local/oasis.of.the.2.1286208.html

Ray

This story made all the local news outlets in Miami. Apparently they were confident. They went under the bridge at 20 knots! I have to wonder if she will need go under any bridges while in service. I would hope most major ports are open to the ocean.

A related local story about the terminal in Ft. Lauderdale:

http://cbs4.com/local/oasis.of.the.2.1286208.html

Ray

They sped her up to drive her deeper into the water to make sure she cleared the bridge. She cleared by about 2 ft.

Huh? Empress?

Oh! Excuse me Mr. or Missed Perfect "i" not "e". And I do mean missed not Mrs.

Read the rules or guideline:

Spelling and Grammar Errors It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Spelling and Grammar Errors It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Dont worry about it Joan_al, they appear to be a couple of people from the CC Bashing club who dont have anything better than to extol their virtues over others!!!...

I apologize early if this has been answered and I missed it (recent cataract surgery...ick) Does anyone know what day the Oasis will get into Port Everglades?

I read the article from Local News 4, and it says Oasis will "debut" on 11/20, is that the day it is actually arriving. Please don't insult me if I am confused on the term debut. (I feel intimidated posting on this board)

I apologize early if this has been answered and I missed it (recent cataract surgery...ick) Does anyone know what day the Oasis will get into Port Everglades?

I read the article from Local News 4, and it says Oasis will "debut" on 11/20, is that the day it is actually arriving. Please don't insult me if I am confused on the term debut. (I feel intimidated posting on this board)

Im sorry I dont know the answer to your question however I would ask that you dont feel intimidated posting on here, the vast majority of the members on CC are decent folk its just the few Bashers who think they know all !!!

Hope your question is answered soon

Umm...you really need to calm down...in the 1st place, if you were NOT IMPRESSED with the video clip, why bother posting a snide comment?...people are looking forward to this ship and any info posted is greatly appreciated...this board is meant for POSITIVE exchanges and comments...why do people LIKE YOU feel the need to DUMP ATTITUDE on these comments...you only opened yourself up for the comments that followed your remark, regardless if it was about your opinion or your grammer...as the saying goes YOU STARTED IT!...everyone was fine and happy about the video clip until YOU commented about the reactions to the video clip...2nd, why are you going on about learning disabilities, English as a second language, the languages of other users...why are you acting like a CHILD?...all of a sudden YOU made this into a WAR OF WORDS for no reason...3rd, if you were an ADULT about this and if you did have difficulty expressing yourself, you could have taken this as a LEARNING experience and see that people where trying to help you or were trying to get CLARIFICATION of what you were trying to EXPRESS...but since your original comment was just plan NASTY, I doubt that there's any HELP FOR YOU....

Jon C

Dont worry about it Joan_al, they appear to be a couple of people from the CC Bashing club who dont have anything better than to extol their virtues over others!!!...

It's NOT a matter of extolling virtues over others, its about giving PROPER RESPECT to others on this thread who were having an excited exchange regarding the footage posted...now if you think that ATTACKING poster's comments and demeaning thier happiness over the topic in question is ACCEPTABLE, than maybe YOU and Joan_al need to brush up on what it means to treat EVERYONE AS A HUMAN BEING...!!!!...and by the way, I'm just an infrequent reader of these boards, so I am in NO WAY a memeber of this so-called 'CC Bashing Club'...but to come accross the comment that Joan_al posted was really un-called for and just plain NASTY...

Jon C

Archived