Chair hogs

jburke1566

Can you wear a bathing suit with a cover up and flip flops in the buffet restaurant or should you change before going in there?

Yes you should at least cover up some. However I have seen many, many not bother too. At least they should put on a shirt and wear some kind of shoes.

Recently while enjoying a few hours at the lido pool, chair, front and center of the pool. I left for 15 minutes,(I timed myself) after securing my towel and backback to the chair. After printing my airline boarding pass at the ship's internet cafe I returned to my chair to find my belongings strewn onto the deck. The "lady" :rolleyes: was told that she was in my chair, and that I was only gone for 15 minutes. I believe that the limit on holding chairs is typically 30 minutes.

"rules are rules :p."

If you run off and leave the chair for over 30 minutes, you lose. We will remove your towel just for fun.

The Chair P;)lice

I'm not sure there's really a "rule" about it, but 30 mins. seems to be widely accepted time for leaving a chair unattended.

For me, a chair hog is someone who "reserves" their seating hours prior to actually needing it....it happens at resort hotels, too, so it's not just a "ship' thing!

Yes you should at least cover up some. However I have seen many, many not bother too. At least they should put on a shirt and wear some kind of shoes.

Yeah, she said she's wearing a cover and flip flops ... what more would you like? A formal gown? :p

I see no problem with leaving a chair unattended for thirty minutes. If possible we ask someone nearby to watch our things and do gratis for them if they need it. We never leave for more than ten or fifteen minutes. I agree with most that the chair hogs are the ones that put items on them early in the morning and then show up around noon.

I did however watch one older gentleman come and throw a passengers things on the deck and take their chair. The young lady was out of it for 90 seconds tops and was ten feet away ordering a drink. When she returned the man was not giving up the spot until her boyfriend showed up, he was built like a NFL linebacker.

On the Valor last September, there were signs on the doors of the buffet that said something to the effect...no bathing suits, shoes required and no wet clothes".

Of course, there are people that pay no attention to anything.

I kept waiting for one of the dripping wet idiots to slip and fall or cause someone else to slip on the water the idiots left behind.

As far as the chairhogs....I agree with the others. The chairhogs are the ones that get up at 5am and set flipflops, towels, etc on the chairs and don't show up until afternoon.

In the afternoon, if I see belongings laying in a chair, I assume they're getting lunch or something. Not a big deal to me.

Yeah, she said she's wearing a cover and flip flops ... what more would you like? A formal gown? :p

That would be nice, but only on formal night. Ops, I forgot, Never mind Carnival does ont have a formal night. ;)

Personaly I have never seen the big deal about so called chair hogs. There have always been plenty of chairs somewhere around the pool area on all my cruises.

What is the big deal about chairs??? are there not enough to go around for anyone that wants one?? Or is it more of wanting the perfect spot by the pool, god forbid have to walk a couple extra paces to reach the pool..LOL might need to walk them few extra steps with all the yummy food on board anyway... Just my thoughts.

What is the big deal about chairs??? are there not enough to go around for anyone that wants one?? Or is it more of wanting the perfect spot by the pool, god forbid have to walk a couple extra paces to reach the pool..LOL might need to walk them few extra steps with all the yummy food on board anyway... Just my thoughts.

Everyone wants the same one:rolleyes:

That would be nice, but only on formal night. Ops, I forgot, Never mind Carnival does ont have a formal night. ;)

Personaly I have never seen the big deal about so called chair hogs. There have always been plenty of chairs somewhere around the pool area on all my cruises.

I have found that to be true except for one time. The last sea day was very chilly but bearable in the sunshine. It was also very windy so the best spots were on the Lido deck, out of the wind. I saw LOTS of chair hogs....nobody in a chair but a flip flop here, a towel there. No oranges, though :). It was the one time I was tempted to be the chair police. If I ever resort to that, I'll get staff to remove items, though.

The same people that will circle a parking lot 45 times waiting for a spot in the first row rather then walk 50 feet and park in the 3rd row. Don't wanna burn too many calories ya know.

I have always wondered how many chair hogs lose their $22 towels, to the towel hogs! LMAO

Thats what I would worry about. I cant imagine leaving to go to print someone on the internet on a different deck and coming back and being insensed that someone took your towel off your chair. My own rule is if I am leaving the area and cant see the chair, you take your things with you so no one takes them.

If I am lying in the sun, but want to run and have lunch, will I lose my chair? I don't want to be considere a "chair hog" but I don't want to lose a good spot either.

There is no such thing as a "bad spot" on a cruise ship, so you don't need to find a "good spot."

If your idea of running to lunch is to go and change and go to the main dining room for lunch and then come back to your same chair, no, that is rude. You can't do all that in a half hour and it will more than likely take a full hour. It's not polite to occupy a chair that long and not be anywhere near.

On the other hand, you can go to lido buffet or grill and be back to your seat to eat in 5 minutes. That won't bother anyone. It's all in what you plan to do, so be mindful of how long you will be away.

Thats what I would worry about. I cant imagine leaving to go to print someone on the internet on a different deck and coming back and being insensed that someone took your towel off your chair. My own rule is if I am leaving the area and cant see the chair, you take your things with you so no one takes them.

Do you think the goofballs leave on the charis - the ones who want to go explore the ship or have a sit-down meal at a table somewhere? They don't leave a camera or an iPod as a marker to claim their chair, do they? They leave the Capers, or an old t-shirt, or something they don't care if they never see again.

Chair hogs are a crafty species.

Archived