Fettuccine Alfredo?

late seating

Our last few cruises have been on Princess and every evening in the main dining room Fettuccine Alfredo was listed in the "order anytime" menu. It was so good, every night I would order FA as an appetizer and became somewhat addicted to it while cruising.

We are going a Celebrity cruise in January, can anyone tell me if FA is available as an appetizer on the order anytime part of the menu? I don't know if it will make a difference but we have chosen select seating. Thanks!

Our last few cruises have been on Princess and every evening in the main dining room Fettuccine Alfredo was listed in the "order anytime" menu. It was so good, every night I would order FA as an appetizer and became somewhat addicted to it while cruising.

We are going a Celebrity cruise in January, can anyone tell me if FA is available as an appetizer on the order anytime part of the menu? I don't know if it will make a difference but we have chosen select seating. Thanks!

No it is not. It appeared one night, with chicken breast, as an entree. However, it comes with a tomato concasse (raw chopped tomato). But, to my dismay, that is not on the side; it is mixed in with the sauce thereby negating the label fettucine alfredo. (I don't like tomato, raw or cooked, but love lots of things made from tomato....weird, I know.) I managed to try a little of the sauce and it would have been good, but I couldn't get away from the chopped tomato pieces throughout the dish.

I love Princess' fettucine alfredo! I recently ordered this dish at a local, upscale, Italian restaurant... I was so disappointed to find out that my $23 pasta was only a fraction as good as the Princess stuff! (I do not usually wax poetic about cruise ship food but wow... it's good.)

I do not remember X having this as an anytime item nor do I remember ordering it otherwise... They might've had it but I didn't get it.

On the Solstice ship last week, they had the alfredo sauce as a staple at the pasta bar all 2 weeks. You could always stop by there for a pre-dinner snack to get your fix. Only saw it in the dinning room once as a previous poster mentioned - I thought it was excellent!

It might seem like it is a basic dish but not the way Princess does it. Princess makes the best Fettucine Alfredo I've ever had .I'm not a Princess fan but I'll give them credit for that

Hi Stipmom !

I agree. I am not a huge fan of Princess's cuisine, but their Fettucine Alfredo was probably the single best food item on the ship. I wish Celebrity could come close to their recipe. I never thought Fettucine could be a food highlight on a Cruise, but on Princess, it was !

Friends:

I usually do not eat pasta on ships, but I must agree the Fettucine was excellent and another pasta dish on Princess that was a stand out was the Linguine with fresh little necks clams in a garlic /white wine sauce. If you go don't miss it... Yum..Yum.. :)

Neil

Archived