What has been your most memorable excursion?

MyImagination

• 1 year later...

Swimming with the stringrays in Antiqua. Our son is 12 and this will be his third cruise (April, Legend). I have told him he has traveled more than most adults:D He is really looking forward to the cave tubing in Belize and the ruins in Costa Maya.

1) Swimming with the dolphins in Freeport...it was amazing! I got to swim with "Cocoon", a dolphin who was in the movie by the same name...what a sweetie!

2) Kon-Tiki Party Raft in St. Thomas...it rocks!

3) It probably would have been Stingray City, but it got cancelled on us.

#1 Peterson Cay Kayak and Snorkel in Freeport with my 20 yr old DD(more energy than I like to exert on vacation but it was amazing)

#2 Swimming with the dolphins in Costa Maya and then renting a golf cart and driving it over to Majahual with my 15 yr old DD

#3 Cave tubing with my girl scout troop and their moms in Belize

my best excursion was in alaska.. i liked the riverboat tour that was wonderful saw the dogsled dogs and watch a float plane take off in front of us and land... also visited the place where eskamos make the clothing...

also i really enjoyed panning for gold in fairbanks at gold dredge #8

that had a nice lunch for us lumberjack style... chattie patty

Ocean kayaking off Catalina Island. We had a baby seal/sea lion that stayed with our kayak the whole time...when we went ashore it followed us in and stayed in the shallows for quite awhile. It was wonderful. Not planned....and the baby was so adorable....oh those eyes!

I've never been swimming with the stingrays or dolphins...........yet.....doing both next week:D ! Never been cave tubing, or ziplining.....yet, have only taken 1 cruise. The most memorable excursion out of the ones we took I would have to say was in St.Thomas. We did the Ultimate Island Experience. We chose it because it combined a lot of the things we wanted to see in 1 excursion. We stopped for a photo opp, gorgeous. Went to Maagen's Bay Beach for about an hour.......beautiful, stopped again for a magnificent view of all the different islands around St.Thomas.......breathtaking. Then we went to Blacbeard's Castle. After going there you have the option of taking a shuttle/cab back to town, or taking the famous 99 steps back into town while on a tour of old homes that leads you back to town. Well, dh chose to do that to see the old homes. We were at the last home, and dd saw all of these steps going down, and she came to us and says "I found the way out!" So, we follow her (won't happen again,lol), and we go down all of these steps. They lead to a hotel that was in fact on the way back to the pier. They also led to a dead-end, where you could not get out of the gates.:eek: We had to climb back up all of those stairs ........uphill, no less to get back to where we started from. We were sore for the next 2 days. That, so far is my most memorable shore excursion. I'll never forget it, and to this day, poor dh hates steps.:p

my best excursion was in alaska.. i liked the riverboat tour that was wonderful saw the dogsled dogs and watch a float plane take off in front of us and land... also visited the place where eskamos make the clothing...

also i really enjoyed panning for gold in fairbanks at gold dredge #8

that had a nice lunch for us lumberjack style... chattie patty

Most Eskimos don't live in igloos.

Was this an excursion? If so how much?

Ah... one not mentioned yet...St. Croix - we rented a jeep and, on the advice of an RCL crew member, found the most perfect private beach (I wish I remembered the name). There was not another soul in sight for the entire time we were there. The beach was absolutely beautiful and there were tons of perfect little collectible shells. We just floated around and enjoyed a piece of heaven. I hope someday a CCL ship will return to St. Croix.

Zip lining in Ocho Rios, Jamaica last January on our Mariner cruise.

It was DH and I, along with his two sisters and their husbands.

What a blast!

Then we topped it off with a late lunch, and a few drinks, at Margaritaville.

What an awesome day!!

Archived