What has been your most memorable excursion?

MyImagination

If you're going to the southern Caribbean, you've got to book these excursions:

http://www.jungletoursstlucia.com

and

http://www.adventureantigua.com

They're as far from the ordinary sightseeing tours as one can get. Each is an all-day affair, and includes lunch (home-cooked barbecue on a secluded beach in Antigua, a lovely buffet at a waterside restaurant in St. Lucia). At about $80pp, they're well worth it, and I wouldn't hesitate to do either one again. Now if the airfares to San Juan would become a bit more realistic ....

Al

Our Hawaii cruise was awesome, and we did all tours on our own. The best, other than Pearl Harbor, (go on your own first thing in the morning), was the road to Hana, and I'm sorry I can't remember what island that was. We rented a car and drove the beautiful, amazing, and scary road to Hana. Scenery is unreal. Stopped off at deserted waterfalls. Markets along the way. Stopped at one and ran into a couple who had just got engaged, she was showing me her ring and smiling from ear to ear. Wonderful. Then when we got to Hana, there was a local fair going on. We got to see a parade and sample local food. I bought some kind of coconut candy handmade by a woman and it was divine. The nice thing about Hawaii is that the Spirit stayed overnight a couple of times, giving you much leeway on schedules, although we always made it back for dinner. Yum, yum.

I recommend Germaine's Luau in Honolulu. Rent a car and go by yourself or book it through Germaine's.

It would have to be going to Orient Beach in St.Maarten last April. We were sailing on the RCCL "Adventure of the Seas" and stopped in St.Maarten. We signed up to spend the day at Orient Beach, which is suppose to be one of the world's finest beaches.

Since the beach is located on the opposite side of the island, the trip to the beach took us through some wonderful areas, including the border that separates the Dutch side from the French side.

It was only as we neared the beach that the tour driver told us about the beach....it is a clothing optional beach! And that, it was! Lo and behold, the beach is divided in half....one end is bathing suits and the other end is birthday suits! It was rather amusing seeing the human body is so many shapes and sizes. Some people really ought to keep their swim suits on, trust me.

Anyways, we really enjoyed the natural beauty of the beach, as well as the clear blue waters. It is truly a beach to visit, but just be aware of how the locals like to live.

:cool: Bill

During a stop in St. Maarten aboard Norway in '94 we did the "12 Metre Regatta" involving retired America's Cup yachts. It was heart pumping excitement as these two beautiful craft raced and (to the uninitiated) nearly collided. And, we won!

Two stand out. One good, one bad.

Bad

I almost drowned on an excursion in St. Thomas. Went snorkeling and they dropped us off in fifty feet of water and told us that we didn't need life jackets because salt water makes you float. Not if you're a rock like I am. Made it about twenty feet and that was it. Next time I do it, it will be from the beach out so I can turn around and make it to shallow water.

Good

Swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman. An experience of a lifetime. Now that I think about it, Carlos and Charlie's was too. :D

This is a hard one cause I love all my excursions!

#1) Swimming with the Dolphins in Nassau and the String-rays in Grand Cayman.

#2) Climbing Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios.

#3) Horseback Riding in Costa Maya

#4) River/Ruins tour in Belize

I could go on and on cause I really do enjoy them all.

Mexico; Tulum ( amazing to see such old ruins in this area of the world)

Jamaica: Bob Marley home

St Thomas: Magen's Bay and shopping in the Jewelry District of course!

St John: Tooling around the island on our own in a rented jeep..... it's too wonderful for words.

Aruba: The Natural Pool

Bahamas: The Atlantis resort

Miami: South Beach in the evening

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

--------------------------------------------------

This is a great thread! I booked a few of the tours mentioned for my up comming cruise. Thanks !!!

Judy can you tell me more about ruins/river tour in belize.

I don't know how to paste a lonk here but over on the Belize board board I posted a review and I just brought it back up to page one over there for others.

It's was a very nice relaxing tour. We booked with CCL and I thought the price was great. It's like two tours in one!

As of now the most memorable excursion for me and my boyfriend has been swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman.. But we will be swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel in March so Im sure that will surpass the sting rays.. Our kids will be with us this time so I think the Dolphins will be their first and we are also doing the excursion with the Stingrays for them so that will be their second..

My most memorable excursions:

1. Isla Passione on Cozumel

2. Eli's tour on Antigua - www.adventureantigua.com

3. A 4x4 tour of Barbados

4. Just taking our own taxi to the Bikini Beach section of Orient Beach and enjoying the best beach in the world!

5. Taking the ferry over to St. John and snorkeling in Trunk Bay.

These aren't necessarily in order!!! Sorry, Al, I respectfully have to disagree with you on Jungle Tours in St. Lucia. If I had to do it all over again, that is one tour I wouldn't take if you paid me to take it. The vehicle was old, unreliable, and we all had headaches from the fumes! Also the tour was too long - we didn't even swim at the beach in the end, we told him just to bring us back to the ship. I think your time/money would be better spent on another tour. Hey, just my opinion. :o

For us it was on are 1st cruise and 1st port of call in Grand Caymen we booked Captain Crosby for the Stingray city and 2 other snorklings stops. When we got to his Catermeran we found out we were the only 2 booked that day so we had a 47ft cat all to ourself. Kind of really set the bar very high for all the excursion we have every had since then.

Archived