What has been your most memorable excursion?

MyImagination

Believe it or not, our favorite excursion was on two of our Princess cruises. In St. Lucia on our Dawn cruise we did the Diamond Falls, Botanical Gardens & Mineral Bath excursion. Enjoyed it so much we did it again on the Sun Princess. We will probably do it for the third time on our next trip to St. Lucia. Our second was snorkeling with the sea turtles in Barbados.

elaineb - I guess that's why there are so many excusrions to choose from. We experienced none of what you described, and enjoyed ourselves immensely (as did everyone else in the four other vehicles). I'm still in touch with Shal, who reports that business is better than ever. I am glad, however, that you enjoyed your day with Eli in Antigua. As far as I'm concerned, the two excursions rank 1 and 1a.

I did forget to include Stingray City as a favorite, probably because it's not one of those "off the beaten path" tours. We did it twice, once with Capt. Bryan, the other with Capt. Marvin. Both were excellent, and I'll be joining the former on our upcoming Carnival Miracle cruise in May.

Al

Going on Carnival Miracle on Feb. 13. Have seen you can swim with dolphins in Cozumel. Who is this booked through? Can one swim with dolphins in Grand Cayman? (I saw a post on Grand Cayman, but wasn't sure if they really meant sting rays and I've done that...very fun!). I've always wanted to swim with dolphins!! :D

Cayman Islands - Stingray City - I've done it twice and would again.

Grenada - Hiring a cabbie (Ira) for the day who drank as much as we did. We saw all the usual sights and then ended up touring his neighborhood and going to a little bar for locals that his sister owned. Sights I'm sure not many tourists have seen. A great time was had by all.

The air boat ride in the Everglades was pretty good.

#1 - Discover Scuba with Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel - this was our first scuba experience, but it won't be our last!

#2 - Cooking class with Martin Valdez in Cozumel - look for my review on the Cozumel board - we were just there last month.

#3 - Swimming with the Sting Rays through Nativeway in Grand Cayman - what an experience - really enjoyed the snorkeling stops, too.

Guest Time2gocruzn
Cayman Islands - Stingray City - I've done it twice and would again.

Grenada - Hiring a cabbie (Ira) for the day who drank as much as we did. We saw all the usual sights and then ended up touring his neighborhood and going to a little bar for locals that his sister owned. Sights I'm sure not many tourists have seen. A great time was had by all.

The air boat ride in the Everglades was pretty good.

Hey! (Waving hello) Hi Iowa girl! I am an Iowa girl!! In fact... I live in Ankeny too!! LOL:D :D small world!

The stangrays has to be number 1. Have done it twice and will do it again in a few months.

Number two is Orient Beach. I live near some of the nicest beaches anywhere. And have visited many others, on cruises and otherwise. Orient is, by far, hands down, without a doubt, the most beautiful beach I have seen in my life. We rented a car and planned to spend a couple of hours there. 6 hours later, we contemplated staying there and letting the Glory leave without us.

Number three is renting a car an touring Cozumel. Chankanaab, Mr. Sanchos, the ruins, Pancho's Backyard, shopping down town, etc.

Wow....there's been so many....

The NaPali coast of Kauai - staring straight up at 2000 foot cliffs from a catamaran at the edge of the sea.

Swimming in the middle of a pod of over 100 wild dolphins off of the west coast of Oahu.

Passing by a six-foot long great baraccuda (within 10 feet of it) off the coast of Belize.

Going into a cage and snorkeling with the sharks in Hawaii

Seeing the excitement of DW as she sat in the co-pilots seat during a helo tour in Kaui.

Snorkeling within a few feet of green sea turtles with my nine year old son on Oahu.

Parasailing for the first time with my seven year old daughter.

DW says it was the time she was able to purchase the BIG diamond in Cozumel.

Pre-cruising in Miami and being up-graded to the Presidential suite in the Towers at the Fontainbleau Hilton (AKA the Elvis Suite).

DW says jewelry shopping in Montego Bay.

I really enjoyed Sloppy Joe's on my birthday in Key West! DW had everyone singing to me about how old I am:eek: (BTW - a few people wanted to enter me in to a sloppy joe look alike contest by the end of the day!)

It's incredible to sit and think about how many things we've been able to do and what special memories we have!

It's hard to pick one: but I think it has to be Skagway: a private company with t small van took us all over, clear into the Yukon Terrritory, gave us the entire history of the town, stopped several times for pictures and the cost was about $30 a person. this was 5 years ago. Next has to be Virgin Gorda and third Dominica. I think we used Ken for that one.

NMNita

Full Open Bar Snorkeling and Meals on a 64 foot sailboat. It was 90 bucks a piece plus the cost of a taxi to the american yacht harbor marina. Fantastic day, lots of fun people (approx 36 pax) Booked on line - called the "Fantasy"
Just do it!!
pb

There's been a few.

Probably renting a car in Maui and going to the Maui Botanical Gardens, Iao Needle, and the Road to Hana would be #1.

Kayaking in Cabo San Lucas right up to El Arco, the rocks where the sea lions sun themselves (and bark) and then to Lover's Beach would be #2 (even though DW and I fell out of our kayak in approx. 80 ft deep water.

The 2 dollar bus trip to visit the beaches and hotels in Aruba would be the cheapest excursion....

And the Jolly Roger Pirate Ship in Barbados would be the drunkest excursion (DW actually fell into the shower when we got back to our stateroom)

Hard to choose just one, but if so would be

Costa Rica - Rain Forest Aerial Tram and Jungle Boat

We have had many other great excursions:
Grand Cayman Sting Ray City - twice
Panama Canal - Railway Journey
Belize - Cave Tubing
Ocho Rios - Dunns River Falls & Snorkeling

What a great thread, for bringing back the memories. I could go on and list many more, as we have enjoyed many other 'excursions', sometimes venturing out on our own, sometimes hiring a driver, sometimes just taking a cab to places. Snorkeling, swimming, sightseeing, even went to Hell (Jamaica).

Now I really wanna start planning and book another cruise.

Archived