Galveston cruise terminal location in relation to parking lots

debintexas

Leaving out of Galveston soon. Can anyone advise which terminal the Conquest leaves from and, if known, the street address? How close is the terminal to the parking lots? How close is the Galvez to the terminal? Have found several hotels which allow free parking (thanks to all the posters!!) but trying to figure out how to get back and forth or are taxis readily available? Thanks!

The terminal has parking close by for $50. We have used EasyCruise which is one block south then one block west from the terminal exit. EasyCruise is $40, but you can get a coupon online for $5 off. They will shuttle you to the terminal after parking your car. When you return, take their shuttle back to the lot to get your car. Lighthouse is also nearby with similar options. Look for these online for more info. Hope you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

The terminal has parking close by for $50. We have used EasyCruise which is one block south then one block west from the terminal exit. EasyCruise is $40, but you can get a coupon online for $5 off. They will shuttle you to the terminal after parking your car. When you return, take their shuttle back to the lot to get your car. Lighthouse is also nearby with similar options. Look for these online for more info. Hope you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Actually if you're sailing on the Conquest you're going on a 7 day cruise. Port parking for that cruise would be $70. You can prepay for Port of Galveston parking and get $5 off. You have other options, i.e. Lighthouse Parking and EZ Cruise to name two of them. They are cheaper and you can also make a reservation and prepay online as well. All of the aforementioned parking lots are close to the terminal. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Good luck!

All parking should be across street to 1/2 mile.

Two hotels within 2 blocks of terminal.

Both nice!

Tremont - old historical

Harbor House - on port

Both owned and operated by same including Galvez.

Seawall 2-3 miles to other hotels

Moody Gardens hotel 4 miles rough

You mentioned the Galvez - we always stay there. They have a shuttle which will take you to the ship and pick you up. It's about a 5-7 minute drive. You can sign up for the shuttle in advance when you check in - they usually have free parking at Galvez for cruisers. Taxis are constant when you disembark in case you don't want to wait for the shuttle - it can take awhile on the return. A cab to Galvez would probably be $10.

• 2 weeks later...

EZ Cruise Parking http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

Lighthouse Parking http://www.lighthouseparking.org/

Galveston Park N Cruise http://galvestonparkncruise.com/

81st Dolphin Parking http://www.galvestonparking.net/

and of course,

Port of Galveston Parking http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if they think the indoor secured parking at Galveston Park N Cruise is worth doing? I think it is an extra $10 for the week but that still leaves it cheaper than the Port Authority lots. Also, is the entire parking, whether indoor or not, elevated? It is hard to tell from their website.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me if they think the indoor secured parking at Galveston Park N Cruise is worth doing? I think it is an extra $10 for the week but that still leaves it cheaper than the Port Authority lots. Also, is the entire parking, whether indoor or not, elevated? It is hard to tell from their website.

If anyone sees this, I sure would appreciate your feedback.

Not aware of 100% indoor lots. Why would you want an elevated lot? If you are worried about flooding; hurricane season is over. There is an elevated lot on Market Street but it had 8' of water from Ike. 75% of the island was under water. Only area not flooded was on Seawall.

Thanks GC. I was not aware of any indoor lots until seeing their website -- that was why I was asking. I know of more than a couple who prefer elevated lots since wet weather on the island of any kind can produce localized flooding. One friend had a great deal of damage in a lot from water (not from a hurricane). I did have one friend who had there car float several hundred feet and stack up with several others in the hurricane 1 1/2 years ago -- elevated lot would not have helped much in that event.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from a 5 day on the Ecstasy. I was very pleased with Galveston Park N Cruise.

We followed their directions as posted on their website and had no probelm finding them. When you turn down New Strand ST you will see a small open lot on the RT between the buildings. THis is their outdoor parking. If you pay for indoor parking - we did ($40 paid online), you are directed to park in a small building about 50-75 yards ahead. The lots are not significantly elevated and the indoor building is not a multi-level parking garage, but just building with two garage doors. It fits only about 25 cars (trying to remember...) A perosn will meet you there with a large gold cart type vehicle and take your party (there were five of us) and your bags to the corner of 25th street and New Strand. From there you walk about 1/2 a block and cross Harborside Dr and walk into the terminal. If you check bags, you will have to walk all the way to the RT as you approach the buidling to drop them off. If you carry on bags, it wil be a very short walk to the LT.

When we returned, we docked about 8 hours late because the port was closed due to fog. Since they are a rather small operation, I was afraid I was going to find nobody there when I went to retrieve the vehicle, but as soon as I turned the corner onto New Strand, I was relieved to see a friendly gentleman waiting by the open lot who told me it was OK to go into the garage and take my vehicle. (I was without bags at the time and anoter fellow was in the golf cart taking a family from the garage to the corner)

I short, I found the service to be friendly, personal and reliable. THe indoor parking was nice and secure and the location could not be closer to the terminal. If you are carrying ALOT of bags and need the services of a porter - Galveston Park N Cruise is not as good a choice unless you are willing to drop of your party at the terminal seperately first. Then you simply drop off the vehicle and the walk back to meet the rest of your party. Upon returning to Galveston, I retrieved the vehicle and dorve back to the terminal and easily found our group and loaded them and the baggage quickly, without any issues.

I Hope this is helpful.

We just got back from a 5 day on the Ecstasy. I was very pleased with Galveston Park N Cruise.

We followed their directions as posted on their website and had no probelm finding them. When you turn down New Strand ST you will see a small open lot on the RT between the buildings. THis is their outdoor parking. If you pay for indoor parking - we did ($40 paid onlinel.

Did you get a deal?? If it was $40 Id consider it, but to only save $5 over EZCruise and their shuttles wouldnt be worth it to me. Prices I see on their website.

4 & 5 day Carnival Ecstasy Cruises -

$30 Online / $35 Drive-up

7 day Carnival Conquest Cruises -

$45 Online / $50 Drive-up

I realize you parked there for the indoor parking, but I was just looking for myself for my next cruise. New ideas are always welcome. ... just looking at their site. My sister is on a cane so doesnt walk much, so this might not work for us.

EZ Cruise Parking http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

Lighthouse Parking http://www.lighthouseparking.org/

Galveston Park N Cruise http://galvestonparkncruise.com/

81st Dolphin Parking http://www.galvestonparking.net/

and of course' date='

Port of Galveston Parking http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

which one is the parking lot across from the Howard Johnsons?? I dont think I see them. I used their shuttle last time and parked at Howard Johnsons, but there is a pay parking lot there too, not that close to the port, but a lot of cars used it.

Did you get a deal?? If it was $40 Id consider it, but to only save $5 over EZCruise and their shuttles wouldnt be worth it to me. Prices I see on their website.

I realize you parked there for the indoor parking, but I was just looking for myself for my next cruise. New ideas are always welcome. ... just looking at their site. My sister is on a cane so doesnt walk much, so this might not work for us.

------------------------------------------------------------

Drive first to terminal and drop your sister off and bags off.............

and then you go back and park car and ride shuttle back to terminal.

It was 40 dollars for our 5 day cruise to park indoors. No shuttle service but the walk takes 5 minutes. If it is raining, I would suggest dropping everyone else off with the bags at the terminal, take the 30 second to one minute drive to the lot, park and walk 5 minutes back to the terminal. On the return, you can do as I did and walk 5 minutes to the lot and be back to the terminal to load the rest of your party and baggage in a couple more minutes.

All the options appear to be fine. There just appears to be limited posts regarding this lot, so I just wanted to share my experience. I will use them next time, because I prefer to avoid using shuttles when I can walk the distance easily and safely. The indoor parking is just a bonus!

------------------------------------------------------------

Drive first to terminal and drop your sister off and bags off.............

and then you go back and park car and ride shuttle back to terminal.

Not really an option. She is a little bit of a slow learner, and she cant deal with where to sit and manage suitcases safely. I need to do it myself. I cant really stop the car at the port and get out of my car and walk her to where she could sit down, they dont let you stop that long.

Thats why I need EZcruise with their shuttle or similar.

which one is the parking lot across from the Howard Johnsons?? I dont think I see them. I used their shuttle last time and parked at Howard Johnsons, but there is a pay parking lot there too, not that close to the port, but a lot of cars used it.

I went by there today since I work part-time as a check-in agent for the outsource company handling the shoreside & port services for Voyager of the Seas. The sign said Discount Cruise Parking 409-599-4016. I googled and found http://www.discountcruiseparking.net/. Please note their site says 877-215-7449 too.

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

I went by there today since I work part-time as a check-in agent for the outsource company handling the shoreside & port services for Voyager of the Seas. The sign said Discount Cruise Parking 409-599-4016. I googled and found http://www.discountcruiseparking.net/. Please note their site says 877-215-7449 too.

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

They were nice about driving everyone to where their car was parked, and stopping for each car.

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

They were nice about driving everyone to where their car was parked, and stopping for each car.

Not really an option. She is a little bit of a slow learner, and she cant deal with where to sit and manage suitcases safely. I need to do it myself. I cant really stop the car at the port and get out of my car and walk her to where she could sit down, they dont let you stop that long.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great, :)if EZ cruise has service to accommodate a special situation

like your situation needs.

Also I would hope RCCL or Check in Contractors

have service to accommodate a special situation

like your situation needs, if you need to drop off first..

ASK HOST KAT

Maybe she will Know?

... Also I would hope RCCL or Check in Contractors

have service to accommodate a special situation like your situation needs, if you need to drop off first...

Inside the terminal there is a special check-in station and then a special waiting area for the disabled guests.

Only the Port Security officers have the authority to allow an unattended vehicle to remain parked in front of the terminal while firefly333 takes their mother into the terminal, go through security, get both of them checked in, take their mother to the special waiting area and seat her. Firefly333 will then have to leave their mother there, exit the terminal from another special area to go park the car, return to the terminal, go through security again and join their mother in the special waiting area.

I doubt the Port Security officers will allow an unattended vehicle to remain parked in front of the terminal, especially since the Oklahoma bombing and 9/11. Therefore, I feel firefly333 is correct to use one of the parking lots with shuttles so they can be with their mother through the entire procedure for boarding the ship. Especially if RCI allows the waiting guests to board during the time firefly333 is gone. The waiting disabled, Suite (but not Jr Suite), Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus guests are boarded first.

Kat 020105_emYA11_prv.gif

Archived