Puerto Vallarta time vs. Ship board time

nklpikl

Does anyone know how PV time compare to ship time. We are trying to plan an excursion that is scheduled to return into time a 5pm PV time. Our ship leaves at 6pm ship time. This makes me very nervous!!

Usually, in Puerto Vallarta the ship time is one hour BEHIND Puerto Vallarta time. So if it's 5:00 PM in Puerto Vallarta it's 4:00 PM on the ship. However, the time is set at the Captain's digression, and cruise lines are different. So, basically you have two hours because the ship time will be 4:00 PM. I'd check with the NCL board on what the Captain usually does (two separate times or does the ship stay on Puerto Vallarta time). I hope this helps...:)

I was just on the Splendor the week of Oct 25...the ship was 1 hour behind PV time, but that was prior to going back to standard time in the states. The ships may be moving their time ahead 1 hr in transit and it will still only be an hour. Need somebody to post that has sailed after the time change.

I am also curious about this because I am trying to book an excursion using ship transportation but the actual reservation for the event was booked directly with Sea Life Park. The ship shows the excursion to be 10:45am-1:45pm and the reservation we have is at 11:15. So is there a chance that 10:45am ship time is actually 9:45am park time?

I was just on the Splendor the week of Oct 25...the ship was 1 hour behind PV time, but that was prior to going back to standard time in the states. The ships may be moving their time ahead 1 hr in transit and it will still only be an hour. Need somebody to post that has sailed after the time change.

Hi, we just got off off the Splendor yesterday. Our sail date was 11-1 (after time change). Enroute to PV we set ship clocks ahead one hour so that we would only be 1 hour behind PV time (which is on central time). Then, the following 2 days in Mazatlan & Cabo we were on the same time as them. The night we left Cabo (last stop in Mexico) we set our clocks back one hour to be back on California time. Have a great cruise! :)

I hope that helps.

I am also curious about this because I am trying to book an excursion using ship transportation but the actual reservation for the event was booked directly with Sea Life Park. The ship shows the excursion to be 10:45am-1:45pm and the reservation we have is at 11:15. So is there a chance that 10:45am ship time is actually 9:45am park time?

Trying to synch a ship's excursion with a land appointment can be very difficult. As a general rule, ship's time is one hour BEHIND local time in Vallarta.

It is my understanding that ship's excursion are scheduled and conducted on ship's time. If this is the case on your ship, then their excursion will run 11:45-2:45 local time. You don't say what ship you will be on but it does seem likely that your land appointment will occur 30 minutes before the ship's excursion begins.

You need to confirm how the ship's excursion is scheduled (on ship's time vs. local time).

Good luck.

Trying to synch a ship's excursion with a land appointment can be very difficult. As a general rule, ship's time is one hour BEHIND local time in Vallarta.

It is my understanding that ship's excursion are scheduled and conducted on ship's time. If this is the case on your ship, then their excursion will run 11:45-2:45 local time. You don't say what ship you will be on but it does seem likely that your land appointment will occur 30 minutes before the ship's excursion begins.

You need to confirm how the ship's excursion is scheduled (on ship's time vs. local time).

Good luck.

Thank you. We are cruising the Splendor at the end of the month. I just got confirmation from the Sea Life Park that they are on Central time. So now I just need to figure out what timing the cruise uses for their excursion bookings. I am assuming they are one hour behind because otherwise their own booking would not get people there in enough time.

Our tour operator had a list of when the boats were docked accorind to PV. In our case is showed the same as ship time. I am not 100% sure about the accuracy so I scheduled something with time before and after, so that there is no worry.

Archived