Maya Chan Beach Resort?

DaniellefromOttawa

Charlie says that now that you have announced it to the world....it's a done deal! He's adopted! I am driving him to the border tomorrow- you can pick him up in Windsor. I know he will be a good, good boy for you.;)

OOPS....just read this....hope you didn't just leave him there :D

I've tried every link I could find for the Maya Chan Beach Resort and I can't seem to get anywhere. Everything says "Forbidden"

I have some questions for them, as I would be a party of 6 and want to find out about pricing, group discount, etc.

Does anyone have an email address? And should I be concerned that their website(s) are down? It sounds like business is strong for them (based on what I'm reading)...

Thanks!

Thanks guys. I did use the email and chat with Mark. And now the website is working just fine for me too! :D

It appears there's already a CC group booking for our day in town...so I was able to attach my group onto theirs.

I was there this past Tuesday, we had a fabulous day!

Most of the people at Maya Chan were from our Roll Call, it was so nice to be able to walk around and know everyone! The resort is very well kept. The palapas are private per each group (not an entire roll call group). Plenty of shade, and when the sun came out, plenty of sun! The drinks kept coming ALL DAY, even my "virgin" drinks were fantastic. They gave me something called the "Pink Special", that was to die for.

When we got there it was cloudy with a rain storm in the distance. By lunch the storm was gone and the sun was out. Food was amazing! Yummy fish/chicken tacos. I only ate one because I was so full from drinks.

After lunch we took the kayaks out to go snorkeling on the reef. The kayaks with the glass bottoms were really cool. The snorkeling was okay. Not the best I've seen, a lot of bleached coral, but we did see some living coral, some different fish species. They brought up a sea star and a brittle star for everyone to see.

My parents went snorkeling right off the beach and were amazed with the amount of different species they could see. A lot of soft coral and some fish. Lots of turtle grass, but you'd be surprised what you can find in a turtle grass bed.

The afternoon consisted of lounging around on the floats in the water. The bartenders brought the drinks out to us in the water. We didn't have to lift a finger!

It really was a WONDERFUL day. I'd recommend this to anyone and we didn't want to leave. And yes, everyone (except me) went home pretty blitzed. That spells out a successful day, right?

Feel free to check out my photos from the trip. I might add more as time goes on!

http://www.pbase.com/trtllovr/costa_maya_2010

......The drinks kept coming ALL DAY, even my "virgin" drinks were fantastic. They gave me something called the "Pink Special", that was to die for.....

Than you for the very nice review. I can't see the pics at work but will look when I get home.

I will have at least one "Pink Special" (and probably a few more for good measure) in your honor on the 24th of this month!

Just got back from the Jewel and Maya Chan and another thumbs up for the place. There were two minor downsides to our visit: it was windy and there was a lot of seagrass, both on the small beach and under the water. I suspect it is not always windy but that the seagrass is always there.

Other than that it is the best, the food, drinks, service and atmosphere are all fantastic. The facilities are not luxurious but very comfortable and uncrowded and I would definitely go back. Kayaking is great, especially for beginners because the water is behind the reef so you can kayak a long distance in relatively calm and shallow water. Everyone there seemed to thoroughly enjoy the place. Highly recommended.

I was there this past Tuesday, we had a fabulous day!

Most of the people at Maya Chan were from our Roll Call, it was so nice to be able to walk around and know everyone! The resort is very well kept. The palapas are private per each group (not an entire roll call group). Plenty of shade, and when the sun came out, plenty of sun! The drinks kept coming ALL DAY, even my "virgin" drinks were fantastic. They gave me something called the "Pink Special", that was to die for.

When we got there it was cloudy with a rain storm in the distance. By lunch the storm was gone and the sun was out. Food was amazing! Yummy fish/chicken tacos. I only ate one because I was so full from drinks.

After lunch we took the kayaks out to go snorkeling on the reef. The kayaks with the glass bottoms were really cool. The snorkeling was okay. Not the best I've seen, a lot of bleached coral, but we did see some living coral, some different fish species. They brought up a sea star and a brittle star for everyone to see.

My parents went snorkeling right off the beach and were amazed with the amount of different species they could see. A lot of soft coral and some fish. Lots of turtle grass, but you'd be surprised what you can find in a turtle grass bed.

The afternoon consisted of lounging around on the floats in the water. The bartenders brought the drinks out to us in the water. We didn't have to lift a finger!

It really was a WONDERFUL day. I'd recommend this to anyone and we didn't want to leave. And yes, everyone (except me) went home pretty blitzed. That spells out a successful day, right?

Feel free to check out my photos from the trip. I might add more as time goes on!

http://www.pbase.com/trtllovr/costa_maya_2010

Who did you book this excursion through? How much was it?

I guess it depends on when your ship leaves. We were in port from 10 till 6. We had to be back on the ship by 5. So we got to Maya Chan at 11:30 and stayed until about 4 so we could allow ourselves some shopping time back in port. Everyone was whining that we couldn't stay longer!

Archived