Maya Chan Beach Resort?

DaniellefromOttawa

just returned from maya chan this past friday. it was definitely a great day- only problem I had was the lunch was awful- the beef and chicken were way undercooked- practically raw (blood red meat, very pink chicken), so I was afraid to feed it to my kids or eat it myself. so all we ate were the chips and salsa. but the drinks were flowing. the staff was very helpful, they taught my kids to snorkel and kayak, and were very patient with them.

the beach is so private, it is so relaxing, and the water is very shallow so nonswimmers like myself can enjoy it!

just returned from maya chan this past friday. it was definitely a great day- only problem I had was the lunch was awful- the beef and chicken were way undercooked- practically raw (blood red meat, very pink chicken), so I was afraid to feed it to my kids or eat it myself. so all we ate were the chips and salsa. but the drinks were flowing. the staff was very helpful, they taught my kids to snorkel and kayak, and were very patient with them.

the beach is so private, it is so relaxing, and the water is very shallow so nonswimmers like myself can enjoy it!

Just curious if you said anything to them about the undercooked meat? We're booked there in July and can't wait! I think I would say something to them about it after paying all that $$ - my kids like to eat ;)

I'm surprised there was a problem with the food. I am sure that if they were informed of the issue they would have fixed it. David the manager was all about making sure everything worked for everyone.

I found the food quite good. DH didn't like it only cause it wasn't his taste - except for the guacamole (which they did run out of)

I have e-mailed Maya Chan twice in the last few weeks and have received no reply. Has anyone else had this problem? We are from the UK.

Hi there

This is one area they need to improve - they are sometimes hard to get ahold of. Hopefully they will get that email and correspondance set up the customer service that they provide at their beach resort.

We had this problem too - Just keep emailing - they will get back to you.

Melanie

OK, still no reply, I'll try one more time.

They responded to me in less than 12 hours, I sent a request at 1am this morning and I got back three emails this morning.

I did get back a response that they are cruising and would have limited access to their email from April 12 to the 23rd.

Just want to say that poor Mark has e-mailed me a few times in the last few minutes. He has been trying to get hold of me for a long time. It appears that not all my e-mail address was sent to him and therefore the mail kept getting returned. So good for mark for redressing the problem while on vacation.

I'm very much looking forward to my visit in October!

We enjoyed a delightful day at Maya Chan last week. Everything (food, bathrooms, showers) is up to our North American expectations for facilities and cleanliness. Please keep in mind that they do all they do with solar power, locally available rain/mangrove sweet water, and local produce. Trips for the bottled water etc. are 7 hour round trips. Creative, amazing, and has left us reflecting on how much we take for granted.

This place is fast becoming the NachiCocom (in Cozumel) of Costa Maya. And they work hard to keep it more rustic and less crowded. Gald to see it's thriving. Sure wish someone would take over the old ChaChi(?) beach north of the pier. It's the tiki ruins you see from the ship.

Um... we were at Maya Chan last Tuesday and then at Nachi Cocom on Thursday.

There was NO COMPARISON! Nachi Cocom wasn't even close to as good of a day as Maya Chan was.

Nachi Cocom was nice and if that was the only place I went, I would probably be raving about it. However, the service and food weren't even close to as good as what we got from David, Zach and Preston while at Maya Chan. The only thing that saved Nachi Cocom for us was the snorkeling. But this has more to do with the fact that Cozumel just has better reefs than what was available right off the beach at Maya Chan. We did enjoy the snorkeling there, but Cozumel's reef's were amazing.

This place is fast becoming the NachiCocom (in Cozumel) of Costa Maya. And they work hard to keep it more rustic and less crowded. Gald to see it's thriving. Sure wish someone would take over the old ChaChi(?) beach north of the pier. It's the tiki ruins you see from the ship.

We went to Marks place on April 8th on our Carnival Dream cruise. This was my 10th cruise and by far one of the best places I have ever been too. Marks son is in charge and did a great job with making the day perfect. Transportation was perfect to and from the Beach. Food was great drinks were included, restrooms were clean, the free internet service was great for my son who needed to communicate with his girlfriend back home(he forgot he was in Heaven LOL). I am restaurant owner and Maya Chan would be a top destination in the USA. So to do what they do in Costa Maya is an unbelievable job. Congratulations to Mark and his staff 5****** from this veteran cruiser!!!

Um... we were at Maya Chan last Tuesday and then at Nachi Cocom on Thursday.

There was NO COMPARISON! Nachi Cocom wasn't even close to as good of a day as Maya Chan was.

Nachi Cocom was nice and if that was the only place I went, I would probably be raving about it. However, the service and food weren't even close to as good as what we got from David, Zach and Preston while at Maya Chan. The only thing that saved Nachi Cocom for us was the snorkeling. But this has more to do with the fact that Cozumel just has better reefs than what was available right off the beach at Maya Chan. We did enjoy the snorkeling there, but Cozumel's reef's were amazing.

We are going in May and have booked both Maya Chan and Nachi Cocum.

Any tips? What food was good at Nachi Cocum?

Thanks

We went to Marks place on April 8th on our Carnival Dream cruise. This was my 10th cruise and by far one of the best places I have ever been too. Marks son is in charge and did a great job with making the day perfect. Transportation was perfect to and from the Beach. Food was great drinks were included, restrooms were clean, the free internet service was great for my son who needed to communicate with his girlfriend back home(he forgot he was in Heaven LOL). I am restaurant owner and Maya Chan would be a top destination in the USA. So to do what they do in Costa Maya is an unbelievable job. Congratulations to Mark and his staff 5****** from this veteran cruiser!!!

Did you feel that you had enough time there? With the dream's schedule of 7am to 3pm - I'm concerned. What time did you arrive in the morning and what time did you stay to? What is the difference between ship time and Costa Maya time?

thanks.

Did you feel that you had enough time there? With the dream's schedule of 7am to 3pm - I'm concerned. What time did you arrive in the morning and what time did you stay to? What is the difference between ship time and Costa Maya time?

thanks.

For the price Mark charges the transportation and food alone are worth it no matter how much time you have there. We walked off the ship and within 30 minutes we were at the beach. The staff wondered how we got their so early, but we just got off the ship and walked to the bus/taxi station asked them. That told us to sit and wait and with in 15 minutes they took us to the beach with no worries. After the served lunch they told us that a shuttle would pick us up in an hour. At 1:00 the shuttle was their. We were on the ship in plenty of time. It was worth it don't hesitate to book Maya Chan it is the BEST.....

For the price Mark charges the transportation and food alone are worth it no matter how much time you have there. We walked off the ship and within 30 minutes we were at the beach. The staff wondered how we got their so early, but we just got off the ship and walked to the bus/taxi station asked them. That told us to sit and wait and with in 15 minutes they took us to the beach with no worries. After the served lunch they told us that a shuttle would pick us up in an hour. At 1:00 the shuttle was their. We were on the ship in plenty of time. It was worth it don't hesitate to book Maya Chan it is the BEST.....

Thanks for the info.

I'm travelling next March though and am wondering because I think I'll also be in that "US day light savings time" but not "Mexico day light savings time".

thanks.

arrived 915 departed 130pm shipstime was 1 hour difference during daylight saving time,great time there wish could have stayed longer,highly reccomend this place .food, drinks, beach service awesome.massage 25 bucks for 30 minutes was outstanding, nothing fancy but Ole Mexico at it's best,so nice as there was only 40 guests there, Dream is horrible on sea days IMO, too damn crowded not enough space convinced this was my last cruise, back to stayin Playa del Carmen from now on

Archived