Maya Chan Beach Resort?

DaniellefromOttawa

Booked it today. Been watching the days ships are in port to get a feel on how busy it gets.

Maya Chan only accepts a limited number of guests so the only part that will be busy is the port area for you!

Have fun!

Maya Chan only accepts a limited number of guests so the only part that will be busy is the port area for you!

Have fun!

Yea, the only places that are going to be busy are the places around you. :D This is going to be nice!

• 2 weeks later...

We were there in early May and loved it. It was by far one of our very favorite stops...ever!

They told us that they only accept 60 people/day. The day we were there, we had 44. They picked us up in a bus at the pier and transported us to the resort. Another plus is that there are no vendors on the beach.

During the day, they come around to ask what time you would like to return to the ship. They make arrangements for the taxi at your requested time - and they pay the cab fare.

I will attach a few of our photos. If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Pam

2144697058_WelcomeDrinksatMayaChan.jpg.4625e86f7200b734c7b145dc4c8f84b8.jpg

2038633145_FreshCoconutforourRumDrink.jpg.21a9a63cb37804883a4228daadc28676.jpg

2133425468_OurLittleCornerofMayaChan.jpg.c13cd80a458bf6a315f918b27d351535.jpg

1217863383_PerfectAfternoon.jpg.672cc9fbd8adc3be607873177e1f0f70.jpg

1944031889_SliceofParadiseinMayaChan.jpg.067f1da632f4b164d3dc89f7fbc39b44.jpg

We were there in early May and loved it. It was by far one of our very favorite stops...ever!

They told us that they only accept 60 people/day. The day we were there, we had 44. They picked us up in a bus at the pier and transported us to the resort. Another plus is that there are no vendors on the beach.

During the day, they come around to ask what time you would like to return to the ship. They make arrangements for the taxi at your requested time - and they pay the cab fare.

I will attach a few of our photos. If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Pam

How is the snorkeling there? Did you see anyone snorkel from the beach?

• 3 weeks later...

We were there last Tuesday off of the NCL Spirit. There was some sea grass but I have seen worse there. I guess it depends on the the winds and weather though it was quite breezy and never really hot because of the breeze. We were there last February with a group of 25 and this time just 2. The treatment of guests is exceptional and fun. Zack is the beach clown, David is the owners' son and runs the place, Preston has been there a while and can't do enough for you and everyone bends over backwards to please you. The food is awesome and the drinks even better. I asked the bartender for a good shot/sipping trquila and he pulled a bottle out of the cooler. It was sooooo smooth!!!! I should have gotten the name of it. I really don't care if the water has sea grass or it rains...it's a wonderful day to relax and enjoy!!!!

I asked the bartender for a good shot/sipping trquila and he pulled a bottle out of the cooler. It was sooooo smooth!!!! I should have gotten the name of it.

If the bottle he pulled from the cooler was blue capped with blue markings printed on it was most likely the same wunnerful sippin' tequila that I got blasted on when LoriJ and I were there last December! Here is a link to the Tequila net about that brand (if the moderators will allow it!) Its called Antiguo Origen and its made from 100% pure Blue Agave. Some gooooooood stuff that Mark introduced me to!

http://www.tequila.net/tequila-reviews/reposados/antiguo-origen-tequila-reposado.html

I like the sound of this. :D I'm 100% confident that I booked the right place. I can't wait.

Mitsugirly...go over to the Carnival Lines board and read EMc&DrS's review of his Dream cruise. Wonderful pictures and description of he and his wife's day there. You're going to love it.

Pam

Thanks for the pictures. Loved them. It looks like a little slice of heaven there. :)

Mitsugirly...go over to the Carnival Lines board and read EMc&DrS's review of his Dream cruise. Wonderful pictures and description of he and his wife's day there. You're going to love it.

Thanks crewsweeper, I'll do just that. :D

Archived