Maya Chan Beach Resort?

DaniellefromOttawa

Hi my family of 4 just went there this week (march 7) we have two teenaged girls. We met near the taxis. Even though people were hawking tours when i told them we were maya chan they politely pointed the way to check in. After check in we took a bus there which took abuot 20 minutes. Very scenic tour. We all enjoyed seeing how the people lived. When we got out we were met by Zach a friendly young guy from cancun. We signed in. then we walked through a short path with nice plants through the bar. The bar area is under a big hut. We met hugo the bartender.Then our family was brought over to our reserved area. It was a huge palapa in the shade. We had 4 wooden chairs and a bed! it was perfect shade or you could pull the chairs out. They immediately brought punch and fruit. then we met david and preston. They told us about the activities we could do. We opted to go kayak snorkeling with Zach. he was very safe and very knowledable. The teens got massages. We opted out of the bike ride. I barely had a chance to sit down i was so busy. There were lovely palm trees. It was a narrow strip of beach. It is very primitive but lovely. It is all you really could want. Not a ritz carlton, but the staff was so attentive bringing drinks and such. I can't say enough how lovely it was. then we had lunch. They grilled steak, chicken and fish right before our eyes. We piled the meat into fresh tortillas with guac, quezo, veggies, etc. so amazing. The drinks were over flowing. Hugo even made nonalcoholic drinks for the kids. They had floats and toys plus snorkel equipment to use. no one bothered us to buy things. It felt very secluded. and it was. only a small number go there. maybe 40. There was a group of 30 there and they were very nice. not a spring break scene. relaxing and lovely. nice bathroom too. The staff made a huge effort to make our day the best. We were sorry to leave. A big plus was the wifi. The kids loved catching up on facebook. I would definately recommend this place. The people, the view and the sun make it spectacular.

anne

the ride over there took abuot

Hi!

I see this mentioned on lots of roll calls. Anyone been there that can give us the "good, bad and ugly" of it?

http://www.mayachanbeach.com/

Thanks,

Danielle

Hi my family of 4 just went there this week (march 7) we have two teenaged girls. We met near the taxis. Even though people were hawking tours when i told them we were maya chan they politely pointed the way to check in. After check in we took a bus there which took abuot 20 minutes. Very scenic tour. We all enjoyed seeing how the people lived. When we got out we were met by Zach a friendly young guy from cancun. We signed in. then we walked through a short path with nice plants through the bar. The bar area is under a big hut. We met hugo the bartender.Then our family was brought over to our reserved area. It was a huge palapa in the shade. We had 4 wooden chairs and a bed! it was perfect shade or you could pull the chairs out. They immediately brought punch and fruit. then we met david and preston. They told us about the activities we could do. We opted to go kayak snorkeling with Zach. he was very safe and very knowledable. The teens got massages. We opted out of the bike ride. I barely had a chance to sit down i was so busy. There were lovely palm trees. It was a narrow strip of beach. It is very primitive but lovely. It is all you really could want. Not a ritz carlton, but the staff was so attentive bringing drinks and such. I can't say enough how lovely it was. then we had lunch. They grilled steak, chicken and fish right before our eyes. We piled the meat into fresh tortillas with guac, quezo, veggies, etc. so amazing. The drinks were over flowing. Hugo even made nonalcoholic drinks for the kids. They had floats and toys plus snorkel equipment to use. no one bothered us to buy things. It felt very secluded. and it was. only a small number go there. maybe 40. There was a group of 30 there and they were very nice. not a spring break scene. relaxing and lovely. nice bathroom too. The staff made a huge effort to make our day the best. We were sorry to leave. A big plus was the wifi. The kids loved catching up on facebook. I would definately recommend this place. The people, the view and the sun make it spectacular.

anne

the ride over there took abuot

Thanks for the great description. We will be there on April 18 can't wait.

I hope we have a gorgeous sunny day to enjoy it

How much are the massages?

Is there any issues about eating the food here or water ? I know in other parts of Mexico they wash they fruit/veggies with unclean water. Did anyone notice any issues here ? Or does Costa Maya have safe water ?

This is from their website. We were there last December and absolutely no problems. Mark and his team are very determined to make sure everyone has a great day.

Maya Chan Beach serves only fresh meats, fish and vegetables. All food items are thoroughly cleaned with purified water prior to serving. Our food service staff is licensed by the state of Quintanna Roo and each carries a state-issued health permit.

Hi All-

Just a week back from NCL Pearl Western Caribbean cruise (2/27) w/ a stop at Costa Maya where we did Maya Chan. Best day of our cruise. All the positives that others have written on here are very, very true! The BEST hospitality you could imagine. We had our own Palapya with 2 chairs, a small bed and hammock. The staff was great...can't say how attentive, kind and responsive they were. We didn't have to ask for anything...they were asking us if we wanted another drink, more food, etc. The drinks were great---not limited to certain "specials" you could order whatever you want and the drinks were top notch..not watered down or anything. Though, I would recommend the custom made coconut drink. One of the staff climbed up a tree got me a coconut, chopped off the end, gave me a straw to drink away...actually I took it to the bar to get it transformed to a Coco-loco!

I'm not real big on going to a port more than 1x time, but I would do Costa Maya again just to spend another day at Maya Chan. Food was excellent too!

Happy to answer any questions?

I tried reading several pages in this thread, and couldn't find an updated answer to this: But it seems the only thing missing at this day of paradise is beach massages. Is that true? DO they not have them still?

Yes, there are massages. Need to bring cash as you pay the girls separately. $25 for a half hour. My daughter had one and said it was great. My massage wasn't that great, however.

What I liked was Preston comes around and asks what activities you want to do including if you want a massage. You are scheduled. So no having to stand in line or waiting for someone to end their massage.

Also, for future reference, you can search through a thread by using the search button on the right. Put in massage and you will get some more posts and specifics.

A friend and I visited Maya Chan Beach last week during a Western Caribbean cruise. Originally, we were to be in Belize, but the port was changed shortly before our sail date. After searching for things to do in Costa Maya, I was fortunate enough to find Maya Chan and they had availability for us. Transportation was provided from the port. Upon our arrival at Maya Chan, we were greeted by a delightful young man, Zach, who explained what our day would entail and showed us to our seats on the beach. Immediately, one of the staff brought us fresh fruit and a tropical drink. Delicious! We had two lounge chairs and an umbrella, floats to use in the water, a lovely massage ($25 for 30 minutes). All beverages were included, too; our bartender, Hugo, was fantastic. Prior to lunch, we enjoyed chips with salsa and guacamole. Lunch was then served buffet style and included fish, chicken and the rest of the makings for fajitas. In addition to the beach, drinks and food, kayaks and snorkeling equipment were also provided. Many in the group kayaked out of the reef with Zach to snorkel. Transportation was also provided back to the ship. For a price of $59 per person, you can't beat Maya Chan. The entire day was wonderful and we know exactly where we will head on our next stop in Costa Maya.

You do need to prebook. They only take a small number of people. They provide glasss bottom kayaks, snorkel gear, bike tour, massage(the only extra fee) great food, drink and relaxation. You can check your emails and share with friends and family what a rough day you're having. Enjoy!! It's worth every penny.

Nice video, I believe at the :44 second point of your video, you are sitting in the same "Corona moment" chairs my wife and I sat in while we were ther a few days earlier.

they stripped Toes by Zac Brown band off but heres our Maya Chan trip...

Just off the NCL Spirit yesterday and spent our Costa Maya day at Maya Chan. My only complaint is we didn't get enough time there. Ours was the cruise whose embarkation was delayed about ten hours due to a medical evacuation on the previous cruise. So instead of being in Costa Maya from 10 ish until 3 ish, we were there from 3 ish until 10 ish. Considering how dark it gets on the beach once the sun sets, that meant our time at Maya Chan was cut considerably .... disappointing, but kudos to the staff for doing everything they could to ensure our time there, although short, was wonderful.

We were met with drinks, chips and salsa, and then served what might have been the best meal (seabass, chicken and beef, wrapped in steaming hot tortillas) we had the entire week. Although casual, the quality of food easily rivaled that on the cruise ship. (or maybe I was just starving by that point .... ????) :)

I'm not a big drinker, but I saw several people getting some kind of Oreo drink that looked marvelous. I planned to get one for dessert, but we just ran out of time. We kayaked and snorkeled briefly, and enjoyed the wonderful shaded areas. No time for biking, or the mini-golf they said they had started recently. I heard the staff asking if anyone was interested in massage, but not sure if anyone had time.

If (when) we ever go back, I will not hesitate to reserve this again, so we can (hopefully) enjoy a full day there!!

Anyone having trouble contacting Mark lately? We sent the payment via Paypal 3 days ago with an e-mail asking for confirmation but haven't heard back for some reason. This makes me a bit nervous...

Anyone having trouble contacting Mark lately? We sent the payment via Paypal 3 days ago with an e-mail asking for confirmation but haven't heard back for some reason. This makes me a bit nervous...

Relax. There is no reason to be nervous. Just send him another message if you are worried. Mark is gone quite a bit as he cruises just like the rest of us. He also makes the trip back to San Diego once a month.

Did you get a receipt from PayPal???

Yes, we had some issues getting in contact with him as well when trying to make our reservations over the last two weeks. We paid via PayPal, have not heard back from him but do have our receipt, so I assume all is fine.

Yes, we had some issues getting in contact with him as well when trying to make our reservations over the last two weeks. We paid via PayPal, have not heard back from him but do have our receipt, so I assume all is fine.

Thanks I did e-mail him again and got a reply. The Paypal account is under husband's name, just want to make sure it didn't get mixed up as he said the place is pretty much booked.

Our group of six visited Maya Chan Beach Resort on February 15, 2011. I can confirm all the positive accounts listed here. This was our fourth cruise and this was absolutely the best day spent off the ship at any of the ports we have visited. Everyone was very accommodating, the food and drink was great and there was plenty to keep us busy if we wanted it.

We took the advice found on these pages and took a taxi rather than wait for the official van provided by the port. They wanted us to wait 30 minutes for the van. Instead we walked one block outside the port gate and got a taxi. Maya Chan paid the taxi when we got there.

We will be visiting Maya Chan every time we are in Costa Maya.

We were going to bring our laptop with to Maya Chan. How is the internet and do they have lockers to lock up computer? Thanks!!

Our group of six visited Maya Chan Beach Resort on February 15, 2011. I can confirm all the positive accounts listed here. This was our fourth cruise and this was absolutely the best day spent off the ship at any of the ports we have visited. Everyone was very accommodating, the food and drink was great and there was plenty to keep us busy if we wanted it.

We took the advice found on these pages and took a taxi rather than wait for the official van provided by the port. They wanted us to wait 30 minutes for the van. Instead we walked one block outside the port gate and got a taxi. Maya Chan paid the taxi when we got there.

We will be visiting Maya Chan every time we are in Costa Maya.

We were going to bring our laptop with to Maya Chan. How is the internet and do they have lockers to lock up computer? Thanks!!

Internet was fine. Didn't notice any lockers so I don't know if they have any. Honestly, this is such a small family run place, you shouldn't worry.

Archived