Maya Chan Beach Resort?

DaniellefromOttawa

Just wanted to add to the long list of people who love Maya Chan... we were there about two weeks ago and it was perfect. The food was great. One of the guys took us out on a 45 minute guided snorkel tour off the beach. From past experience we didn't expect to see much just off a beach, but we saw a lot of interesting things including rock starfish, spider crabs, and lots of colorful fish and coral.

All in all a great day in a beautiful place with really nice people - a good value too.

I just received our confirmation email for 3/3 but I have yet to receive the final payment notice. When do they usually send that out? We leave for the cruise 2/26. I sent an email but haven't heard back yet. Thanks!

They send it out right away so if you haven't received it, I would ask them for it again.

We have gone there once and are scheduled to go again in 2 weeks! Have fun!

I just received our confirmation email for 3/3 but I have yet to receive the final payment notice. When do they usually send that out? We leave for the cruise 2/26. I sent an email but haven't heard back yet. Thanks!

Final payment request is sent out 2 weeks prior to the day you will be there. So if you are there on the 3rd, you should be receiving something later this week. Have fun!

I keep looking at the webcam and originally thought it was a little too windy. The palm tree in the center looks like the branches are pushed over (from left to right) from the wind. Now, after looking at it for a few more days now, I don't see the other palm trees branches pushed over and they look static.

Where is the webcam located in relation to the bar? Is it easily visible or easy to find while there? I want to call my kids and have them see us in Mexico (to rub it in a little) when we are there in 2 weeks and a day.

:D

THANKS!!!!

Isn't the web cam great:)....I always post the link to it on Facebook when I am there:D....oh yea.....and they have free WiFi and even a laptop at the bar to use....how great is that:cool:

I keep looking at the webcam and originally thought it was a little too windy. The palm tree in the center looks like the branches are pushed over (from left to right) from the wind. Now, after looking at it for a few more days now, I don't see the other palm trees branches pushed over and they look static.

Where is the webcam located in relation to the bar? Is it easily visible or easy to find while there? I want to call my kids and have them see us in Mexico (to rub it in a little) when we are there in 2 weeks and a day.

:D

If you are standing on the beach looking at the bar it is located on the overhang....you can spot it no problem...all you have to do is ask any of the wonderful staff and they will point it right out;)...also they have a lap-top so you can go on-line and see yourself also:p

Just booked Maya Chan for 4 in July! Am very excited after all I've read on this thread :)

A few pieces of information - From the way the website read, I thought that the price would be $46 pp. + $10 for transportation for our group, but the $10 transportation is per person, making the total cost $56 pp.

Also, Mark says that they have been so busy that it is too difficult to send 2 invoices, so now they are requiring payment in full at the time of booking. Sooo...I sent $224 by pay pal in mid Feb. for our July reservation! Decided I'd be kicking myself if we got shut of Maya Chan just because I wanted to book/pay closer to the trip.

Hope this is helpful.

We were there Wed.

Food was great

Service and crew are top notch-Zach the clown was a crack-uo

Drinks were made to perfection

Activities were organized and fun(we need to go back to play golf-we ran out of time)

Seating at your private area included-a bed, hammock, tables and chairs-all in great shape and comfortable

Snorkeling is good but tricky near the beach.

Beach is not prestine and we knew this. There is grass and coral through-out-you can float in the cool floats supplied-not good for swimmimg-On all the surrounding beach areas there is loads of trash (this is a shame)-The beach at the resort is raked daily.

This was a relaxing day and we are looking foward to going back-The owner and his son are friendly people and very accomidating.

Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a wonderful cruise. We spent a day in Costa Maya at the Maya Chan Beach. It was fabulous!! Can't say enough good about it. They greet you with a rum punch and fresh chips and salsa and guacamole to die for. They serve any drink you want, from beer to cocktails. Try the papaya mojitos! You get your own private cabana and beach chairs. They take you in kayaks to a snorkeling spot and help you. It's a beautiful spot, sparkling clean beach and water. They have floating chairs you can sit in. The 3 guys running the show are adorable and sooo friendly. And the food they fixed for lunch was to die for. The best fresh Mexican food we've ever had! We highly recommend this place! Don't get panicky when the drive to it is kind of far. It's worth the trip! They pay for transportation out and back. It's a little confusing when you get off the ship to find the place where you get the transportation, but just go to the port transportation area and check in at the desk. Have fun! Can't wait to go back!

Bravedasher- What is the beach area like?? I have a 5 yr old, is the beach "rocky"?? Is there alot of sea grass? Just wondering....

Thanks

we were there last march. not rocky at all. smooth soft sand, easy to go in and out of ocean. and very shallow- I am 5'1", and was able to walk out about 200 ft and the water was still up to my waist. and very calm water when we were there. the resort is very compact, which makes it easy to keep an eye on small kids

There is sea grass- that's a fact of life in Costa Maya, but they keep the beach neat and it is easy to avoid in the ocean- it kind of grows in clumps. It's not like you come out of the ocean and have to pick it off. The sea grass should not be a problem for the child or anyone else. I love it at Maya Chan- we went twice so far. There is a lot for a kid to do- playing in the water or on the beach. They have some toys as well. It might be fun to place the 5 yr old in one of the kayaks and pull him around. Then there are the resident pets- a dog and some cats- very friendly and cute.

Gracefamily, the beach is perfect for children. They try very hard to keep the turtle grass down. A guy was raking all day when we were there. The water is very shallow and when we were there it was very calm. We sat in blow up chairs in the water a lot. Warm water. There weren't any kids there while we were there, but the impression we had is they would be very good with kids. Such helpful and accommodating young men running the place.

Archived