Maya Chan Beach Resort?

DaniellefromOttawa

All your great reviews and their fantastic website has sold us. Was able to confirm our date today - THANK YOU EVERYONE! We can't wait to go.

Mark, the owner is a delight to work with - I know we won't be disappointed! It does appear however that this wonderful place is catching on - so I would not wait to book your reservations since they take a limited number of people daily.:D:D:D:D

We are going to Maya Chan on Feb.11th.

I e-mailed Mark and got a very quick response.We are a party of 18 and they only allow 30 people in per day,this is nice because the day we are in port there are three ships in port ! I asked Mark about the 20.00 massage and he said he could have someone there to do them if I let him know how many were interested in having a massage.

29 days till embarkation!!!

We are going to Maya Chan on Feb.11th.

I e-mailed Mark and got a very quick response.We are a party of 18 and they only allow 30 people in per day,this is nice because the day we are in port there are three ships in port ! I asked Mark about the 20.00 massage and he said he could have someone there to do them if I let him know how many were interested in having a massage.

29 days till embarkation!!!

damn, why didn't I htink of that :D

We were there just last week and all I can say is that our party of 7 felt that this day was amazing. While the weather wasn't the best, it was still so incredibly nice. The food is totally amazing. The staff are just the best.

Mark has just in past couple of weeks begun to have massages available. Two local women are there and the price is very low. They were doing a very good business.

The day we were there was totally booked--word is getting around this place. If you wish to go there you should book early.

I can't say enough--even on a bad day this place is perfect!!

By the way, the sea weed had been cleared out some, so the water actually looked pretty good.

Mark gets back pretty quickly. This is a small place--if you have concerns about policies, cancellations etc just write to him and ask him--it's not like dealing with some huge corporation.

yoyocruiser

We were there just last week and all I can say is that our party of 7 felt that this day was amazing. While the weather wasn't the best, it was still so incredibly nice. The food is totally amazing. The staff are just the best.

Mark has just in past couple of weeks begun to have massages available. Two local women are there and the price is very low. They were doing a very good business.

The day we were there was totally booked--word is getting around this place. If you wish to go there you should book early.

I can't say enough--even on a bad day this place is perfect!!

By the way, the sea weed had been cleared out some, so the water actually looked pretty good.

Mark gets back pretty quickly. This is a small place--if you have concerns about policies, cancellations etc just write to him and ask him--it's not like dealing with some huge corporation.

yoyocruiser

We already knew that we made a good choice - but your post gets us even more excited for our day there ... thanks much:)

I have to say that it is really a different experience. The palapas are amazing and can be arranged to meet the unique needs of the group and the weather. You can have privacy or you can sit at the lovely bar and interact with others. There are organized activities if anyone wishes--we were so overwhelmed with the concept, the beauty, and the food that we didn't even DO anything. It is actually hard to describe, but the place just has a really good feel. You can ask all the questions of Mark that you wish, he is really great about responding. But you wills till not be able to imagine how beautiful this is. The food is very authentic and it was simply outstanding. Have fun all!!

yoyocruiser

I have to say that it is really a different experience. The palapas are amazing and can be arranged to meet the unique needs of the group and the weather. You can have privacy or you can sit at the lovely bar and interact with others. There are organized activities if anyone wishes--we were so overwhelmed with the concept, the beauty, and the food that we didn't even DO anything. It is actually hard to describe, but the place just has a really good feel. You can ask all the questions of Mark that you wish, he is really great about responding. But you wills till not be able to imagine how beautiful this is. The food is very authentic and it was simply outstanding. Have fun all!!

yoyocruiser

Oh, thank you so much for your mini review.

I just gave my deposit today for my family of 5, which includes ds-12 and two 16 year old girls. We just want to relax and have a nice day away from the crowds.

Thanks.

We went to Maya Chan Beach Resort back in November and you will not be disappointed. We really enjoyed ourselves. The service was absolutely wonderful. The staff was very attentive and we never had to ask for a drink or food....they keep you fully stocked & happy. We even had some very yummy cookie milkshakes as dessert! They have kayaks and plenty of space to not feel crowded. There were 4 adults in our group and we had a beautiful cabana to ourselves and was the most relaxing day of our entire cruise. We usually cruise the Eastern Caribbean and to be honest were not too excited about our ports for this cruise but going to Maya Chan made us want to come back. (They even have a laptop at the bar & TV if you want to "stay connected" . We didnt use them ;-) Im not sure about the kids activities but I think they would enjoy the kayaks, snorkeling, and yummy food. We would go back in a heartbeat. If we ever make it back to Costa Maya that is where we will spend the day.

Just a comment on the turtle grass- turtle grass only grows about a foot tall and actually makes for interesting snorkeling. It's not your typical coral reef filled with fish, but you'll be able to find seastars, snails/conch, and some of the smaller fish that use it as a nursery. I've even seen an octopus hiding in a shell in the middle of a turtle grass bed. You never know! It might not be the most beautiful thing to look at, but if you get your kids interested in it, it might keep them occupied exploring it for a while.

I'm going to Maya Chan in 3 weeks, I'll be sure to write a review!

..I forgot to mention about the sea grass. Yes you will see sea grass but we heard that most of the beaches have some sort of grass. They had a young man raking the beach to make sure there was no sea grass on the beach it self and from talking with the others, if you use the kayaks to go snorkeling it was good snorkeling. (We were beach bums and just took Maya Chan naps ;-)

Thank you both for the information. We decided that it sounds too nice to miss. We are hoping the snorkeling and kayaks will keep the kids busy. If nothing else, I'm sure the kids will love the "unlimited" specialty drinks....adults will too! :)

Can everybody pay separately or does one person have to be responsible?

Each person submits a deposit separately via Paypal. Each person just needs to provide the group name to get the group pricing. For example "Cruise Critic" group such and such date on such and such ship.

Our group (a music themed charter cruise) filled the place in one day, a total of 36 and potentially 40 if the area available is expanded to the adjacent beach. We were quoted the pricing listed on the Maya Chan web site with additional discount down to $45 per person when we went over twenty.

We go February 24, 2010 and I will definitely post a review with pics when we return. Based on what I have read, I anticipate that we will have a fantastic day as long as the weather cooperates.

I was just there on January 12th. The place is awesome. Transportation is provided when you arrive at the dock and he will call for you cab and pay the fare anytime you wish to return. The beach is about 15 minutes away and is beautiful. Each palapa has a privacy to it through landscape or gardening. Each had chairs and a daybed for you to lay on. The water off the beach is not the best but didnt detract from our experience. The meal was incredible as well. Activities include bike rides, snorkeling, kayaking and lots of drinking if you so choose. All included. You will not be disappointed. It was a great value paying $65 a head. I would have paid $80-90 easily having been there. Good luck getting in because the wner (Mark) says he is filling up fast and turns down 15-20 bookings a day.

YOu will get an email a week prior to your cruise with detailed instructions on where and when to meet the cab for pick up. If you dont like the time call them when you get there and they will come get you are your convenience. These guys were so customer friendly!

i couldn't find anything on the website, does anyone know what the pick-up/drop-off times are?

i sent them a message but they always seem to avoid answering but are very quick with reservation details.

thanks

Archived