Maya Chan Beach Resort?

DaniellefromOttawa

Once you submit your reservation request to Maya Chan, and get the "we got it email", how long till your reservation is confirmed (or not). Been over 10 days, and I would like to book another AI during our cruise if we cannot get this one, but really looking forward to this. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Once you submit your reservation request to Maya Chan, and get the "we got it email", how long till your reservation is confirmed (or not). Been over 10 days, and I would like to book another AI during our cruise if we cannot get this one, but really looking forward to this. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I think you should have received a request from Maya Chan for a deposit via Paypal by now. I would just send them another e-mail asking them to confirm that they have spots available for you and saying that you would like to submit your deposit. They are usually very quick to respond to e-mail so I would expect for you to hear back from them in a day or two.

reservations@mayachanbeach.com

Question...

We are going with 6 people so the price seems pretty good for a beach day plus food and drinks...

I have seen some people say they paid extra for a private palapa? I'm wondering what do you get if you DONT pay extra, versus if you paid extra how much extra did you pay and what did you get?

I emailed them this morning and am waiting to hear back

I've been e-mailing Maya Chan about our visit in November. I requested a palapa for 5 and they didn't mention an extra fee for it. They quoted us $56/pp including transportaion. If that isn't correct about the palapa, could someone ,please, let us know? Thanks!

I'm, also, curious about Nacional Beach Club...the prices are better than Maya Chan ($40/pp and $20 for our son). Is there anyone who has done both and can compare them? Again, thanks!

I already got a response after only a few hours and we were quoted $52 total per person including transportation with a private palapa, so I guess there is no charge extra for it but you have to ask for it as it seems to be first come first serve... (there are only 7)

We had a private palapa at no extra charge.

Hi,

I received and e-mail from Mark directly saying the most it would cost, over our group rate, would be $20.00/couple. The private rate is $59.00 according to his e-mail. I just needed to be guaranteed that we were in shade. I'm sure it depends on how many book for the day. Like I said we are in a group.

Have a great time!

I already got a response after only a few hours and we were quoted $52 total per person including transportation with a private palapa, so I guess there is no charge extra for it but you have to ask for it as it seems to be first come first serve... (there are only 7)

If you are confirmed that you have a private palapa, are they good about actually giving you one? Meaning they don't over reserve the seven of them, do they?

You will get what you requested. Mark, Jane, and David rely on good word-of-mouth to keep up their business. The pictures show the resort and they keep the number of guests down, so that everyone has plenty of space. We went twice last January and fell in love. Nice people, nice place.;)

Thanks for your reply! Did I read correctly that they limit to 40 people? How is the water? Clear and blue?

They did say they limit to 40 people, i assume if a group had 1 extra person or something it could be 41 or 42... i think there is some seagrass along the shore line but from what ive read all the beaches there have that as they are not allowed to remove it and from the reviews ive read for Maya Chan it didnt stand out as a negative

None of the owners of Costa Maya beach resorts can control the seagrass. That is affected by storms and tides. There are no areas anywhere near the port that are seagrass-free. You have to decide if you can avoid the grass (I could) and what else the resort has to entertain you- at Maya Chan they had good food, good drink, comfortable loungers, and nice people. ;)

None of the owners of Costa Maya beach resorts can control the seagrass. That is affected by storms and tides. There are no areas anywhere near the port that are seagrass-free. You have to decide if you can avoid the grass (I could) and what else the resort has to entertain you- at Maya Chan they had good food, good drink, comfortable loungers, and nice people. ;)

True--

and agree they were very nice and explained there was no danger in the wter-but my answer was to the specific question of whether the water the clear and blue-not whether it can be controlled

What time did you meet the cab to go to Costa Maya. Did you have to show the cab driver any confirmation from the Resort. How long did you stay.

Thanks

There are two beautiful beaches in Costa Maya where there is not the Seagrass with sandy beach and cristalline water.

The first is the reserve of Sian Ka'an to the north but it is far from the port, about 60 minutes.

The second is located 15 km south of Mahahual (20 minutes); I'm talking about the beautiful Puerto Angel's beach. At this time in Puerto Angel there are no tourist facilities but in about one year there will be a new Beach Resort.

View photos in this Travel Guide to Costa Maya: http://www.mahahualhotel.com/costamaya/fotografias-playas-costamaya.htm

What time did you meet the cab to go to Costa Maya. Did you have to show the cab driver any confirmation from the Resort. How long did you stay.

Thanks

You get instructions on how to leave the port area and walk down the street to the cab area. Someone from Maya Chan will be there- they have your name written down- no need for any proof from you. We went as soon as the boat docked and we stayed until about 3pm. We had a great time both weeks- the 1st week the weather was great and we did a lot of water activities, the 2nd week was after the earthquake, so the water was a little murky (not good for snorkling), so it was a day to hang with friendly people and eat and drink-My! what a day! ;)

You get instructions on how to leave the port area and walk down the street to the cab area. Someone from Maya Chan will be there- they have your name written down- no need for any proof from you. We went as soon as the boat docked and we stayed until about 3pm. We had a great time both weeks- the 1st week the weather was great and we did a lot of water activities, the 2nd week was after the earthquake, so the water was a little murky (not good for snorkling), so it was a day to hang with friendly people and eat and drink-My! what a day! ;)

Quick question..when you say you went as soon as you docked, are you saying around 8am or later? Just trying to get an idea of how early we should go.

By the time we got to Maya Chan (about a 30 minute cab ride- they go slow because of all the potholes) it was about 10 AM. Mark and David know what time the ships release passengers and are ready whenever you get there. They also call the cab when it is time to go back, although they will call earlier if you want.

Trying to do some research, and cannot click on any of the frequently asked questions. Anybody know how to view answers?

Hello,

I can view them just fine. I clicked on the little diagonal arrow next to each question and the answers just popped up. As you continue onto each question, the one before closes. Try again.

I love looking at their web cam, it always looks so peaceful.

Hope this helps. Happy sailings.

We were at Maya Chan on August 6th and had an awesome time. Previous posters are correct about the long, slow ride, and the turtle grass. However, these factors did not diminish what a wonderful time that we had. The beach was very clean, and the staff was unbelievably accomodating. Zack took a small group of us out in kayaks to snorkel and he was fabulous, and when I requested a fresh coconut one of the guys grabbed a machetti, shimmyed up a tree and cut one down. He then opened it, put a straw in it, and handed it to me. My only recommendation is when returning to the pier, make sure that you are going back with a large group. When we went back to the ship my wife and I were put in a taxi (using the term loosely) with a guy who spoke no english. We traveled through a bit of a sketchy area that made feel a little uncomfortable (two Americans w/a cab driver who speaks no english). Here is a link to some video that I shot on our recent Celebrity Solstice cruise. The Maya Chan video is labeled as such. I would recommend viewing in HD if your Internet connection allows.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Archived