Cruise Personalizer Widget

billet

Did you click the arrow at the bottom right to set up preferences? There is also a demo of the widget you can watch on princess.com on the right hand side

When I try set preferences, it does nothing!!!! I have installed and uninstalled 3 times and I've just about decided to fergetaboutit.

I am computer challenged BIG TIME! I am also using a MacBook so anticipated nothing but grief. It installed quickly and beautifully. It did seem to disappear at one point so all I had to do was go into applications and drag it to my desktop. So far so good and how fun is it to see the bridge cam besides the countdown.

I like the widgit. The only thing I wonder about is why does it zero out at 6:00 am the day of my cruise?:confused:

AHHHH....you must be on the "mystery cruise" and they dump all the prior passengers at sea, so they can pick you up at 6AM....????

just kidding;)

The widget did not work for me.

I just go to "MY PRINCESS" under princess.com and it tells me how many days...that good enough for me

Tried installing it and uninstalling it several times. Won't see my cruise and just disappears from my desktop if I click preferences. I'm NOT technically challenged (normally). Anyone else having problems?

I have tried downloading it many times - downloaded, deleted and downloaded.....

I have given up because I can't get it to work.

I installed it, and it worked for all of about one hour.

When I closed my browser and the widget, and went to lunch, it would not come up again afterward.

(yes, I blame my lunch too :cool: )

It could be my work firewall is stopping it, I don't know.

I'll try installing it tonight on my home computer and see.

It seemed to install okay though, so a bit of a mystery.

Hmm....

I have it installed on my computer at home (Windows XP) and at work (Vista) and works great. I am really enjoying the countdown and I like looking at the web cam.

Also have a different kind of cruise countdown on my iPhone.

Texasgirl: What kind of cruise countdown did you find for your iPhone?

I only just noticed there is an installable countdown widget available on the Personalizer for your cruise. Once installed it is actually quite useful with not just a countdown clock but also providing temperatures for each port, messages, easy access to the itinerary etc etc.

This is wonderful, thanks!

oh yes, it is great. for a couple of days. then it stopped working. i uninstalled and reinstalled (running vista-yuk) and it still won't work. it won't let me edit preferences. i click on that and the whole thing disappears. grrrr. i liked it while it was working. :)

okay this may require someone more knowledgable than i. if i minimize it to have just the countdown, its correct. if i make it bigger to look at the 'set preferences' it is blank and if i click on it it disappears. curiouser and curiouser.

oh yes, it is great. for a couple of days. then it stopped working. i uninstalled and reinstalled (running vista-yuk) and it still won't work. it won't let me edit preferences. i click on that and the whole thing disappears. grrrr. i liked it while it was working. :)

okay this may require someone more knowledgable than i. if i minimize it to have just the countdown, its correct. if i make it bigger to look at the 'set preferences' it is blank and if i click on it it disappears. curiouser and curiouser.

Thats exactly what happened to me.

I clicked the preferences and it disappeared, and never came back. :(

Mine is working well. I downloaded it with the standard settings and it also created an icon on my desktop that I can click at any time to see it. I had to log in to "My Princess" account in order for it to load my upcoming cruise. To those who can't see anything, try 'logging in' under preferences. It's the same email and password you use to log onto the Princess site.

Today it is informing me that Caribbean Princess uses 2000 pounds of pasta per week!

Hi

I have two cruises booked also, but it only show the second one, which is further away

(April 2010) not our January 2010, can anyone tell me how to change it please?

Thanks

You simply install 2 widgets - one for each cruise. You go into each booking and the widget will be there (eventually) for both cruises.

To the other poster who wanted to know if they'll get two widgets if they have two cruises 9 days apart - if you have 2 booking numbers, you should get 2 widgets and 2 e-mails of each kind. If you only have 1 booking number, then 1 of everything.

I like turning on my computer everyday and seeing the widget pop up first thing. Kinda a good way to start out your day...;)

Mine is working well. I downloaded it with the standard settings and it also created an icon on my desktop that I can click at any time to see it. I had to log in to "My Princess" account in order for it to load my upcoming cruise. To those who can't see anything, try 'logging in' under preferences. It's the same email and password you use to log onto the Princess site.

Today it is informing me that Caribbean Princess uses 2000 pounds of pasta per week!

when i click on preferences it disappears! as in the whole widget goes away. :confused:

when i click on preferences it disappears! as in the whole widget goes away. :confused:

Well shoot, I guess you can see your cruise countdown on the main page and then it disappears completely (as in closes, when you click Change Preferences?) I keep it minimized, and it keeps opening and closing when I want it to.

I'd only suggest removing it, then re-adding it while logged in to My Princess. I imagine some firewalls may cause problems, and I know I wouldn't even try it at work because I'm sure it wouldn't function.

i did reinstall while logged in. no change. now because i tried to set preferences it disappeared again. its making me laugh now, princess does not want me to know how many days i have to go. that's okay i know: 10. or 6 more days of work. and oh yah i'm counting !!!!!

I've had similar problems. Mine worked fine at first, and was great fun, but after turning off and re-starting my computer it was blank. I uninstalled it, and then re-downloaded it - still blank, just the clock. Now it has disappeared altogether. It was nice while it lasted, but as we're leaving for our cruise in just a week I'm not too bothered!

If you want to reinstall I would suggest uninstalling both the countdown clock and Adobe Air through Programs and Features, restarting your computer, and then downloading and installing the new countdown clock which should force you to reinstall Adobe Air too.

If you want to reinstall I would suggest uninstalling both the countdown clock and Adobe Air through Programs and Features, restarting your computer, and then downloading and installing the new countdown clock which should force you to reinstall Adobe Air too.

I tried that, and it didn't work. I still have the clock, but no information - it's blank. And I installed it on my netbook with XP and the same thing has happened.

Never mind - when we meet next week (next week!!) we can discuss this and other computer matters. You obviously are an expert, and I try to learn more all the time.

I tried that, and it didn't work. I still have the clock, but no information - it's blank. And I installed it on my netbook with XP and the same thing has happened.

Never mind - when we meet next week (next week!!) we can discuss this and other computer matters. You obviously are an expert, and I try to learn more all the time.

Next week! OMG I better start packing! :)

Archived