b2b room switch...?MOVING

sailnsee

signed up 4 a cruise to follow a Thansgiving cruise on the Liberty...great price...tried, kut could not get the deck 7 D1 we would be in-BUT did snag a D1 deck 10 aft-who has moved cabins between b2b's-what is the process-when,will they help etc.-do you always have to get off of the ship..thanx

Yes, they'll help. You won't have to take all of your stuff off the ship and then back on. However, you may have to wait until your new room has been cleaned before you can get back into a cabin! (Unlike if you were to keep the same cabin!!)

Pack up---they'll move the stuff for you.

You will have to get off the ship, get new seapasses...but then, you're good to go!

Yes, they'll help. You won't have to take all of your stuff off the ship and then back on. However, you may have to wait until your new room has been cleaned before you can get back into a cabin! (Unlike if you were to keep the same cabin!!)

Pack up---they'll move the stuff for you.

You will have to get off the ship, get new seapasses...but then, you're good to go!

And no need to lug a carry-on or other piece of luggage while you wait for your new room to be ready. We will also have to change room on our b2b in early December. We will be able to enjoy the ship as well if we don't want to go on an excursion for the turn-around day. :D

Gerry

We did B2B on Brilliance and had to change cabins (such a bummer:rolleyes: - we got upgraded to a GS for the second half). We tossed our toiletries and folded items into a suitcase and left the hanging items on hangers. Our cabin attendants took care of moving everything out of the old room into the new one. They hung all of our things up neatly and left the suitcase on the bed for us to unload. All very painless!

We did B2B on Brilliance and had to change cabins (such a bummer:rolleyes: - we got upgraded to a GS for the second half). We tossed our toiletries and folded items into a suitcase and left the hanging items on hangers. Our cabin attendants took care of moving everything out of the old room into the new one. They hung all of our things up neatly and left the suitcase on the bed for us to unload. All very painless!

I agree, all very painless. Keep a positive attitude as that is half the battle.

Enjoy your cruise, Brilliance is a great ship with a great crew.

As prior posters have stated it is a painless process. We have done both were we had the same cabin and different cabins. Everything will get moved for you. All I can add is if you booked them at different times make sure they have you down for B2B. My experience is that when I book one then add the other B2B at a later time it sometimes does not get flagged correctly in their system. I now but guest relations a couple time during the first leg of the trim to make sure I am on the list. If you aren't then you won't get the notices about what the procedure is and where to meet. If you have received the notification by the day before go back to guest relations and make sure you get the info. Don't take their word for it that you will get information because you won't. Ask for the guest relations manager and make sure your are covered.

One other thing; go and see your new steward a day or so before changeover and ask them to do your new cabin first and also ask your 'current' steward if they will wait until you have 'moved' before doing your cabin. As said, quite often the people who actually need to know whats happening don't get told!

Simon

One other thing; go and see your new steward a day or so before changeover and ask them to do your new cabin first and also ask your 'current' steward if they will wait until you have 'moved' before doing your cabin. As said, quite often the people who actually need to know whats happening don't get told!

Simon

Thanks for the nice suggestion. I will try that. ;)

Gerry

You should notify the Desk that you will be staying & on your final night, you will receive instructions. If you do have to disembark, you will be taken off as a group, run thru the check in provess and receive your new Sea pass Cards, and immediately taken back aboard. You might have to pack up your loose clothes and leave on your bed, and your steward will move everything to your new room.

And no need to lug a carry-on or other piece of luggage while you wait for your new room to be ready. We will also have to change room on our b2b in early December. We will be able to enjoy the ship as well if we don't want to go on an excursion for the turn-around day. :D

Gerry

What do you do with your valuables (such as cameras) since you won't have a safe until you get your new cabin?:confused:

What do you do with your valuables (such as cameras) since you won't have a safe until you get your new cabin?:confused:

I did this in March. Go to Customer Relations and tell them you need a Safe Deposit Box to store your valuables until your room is ready. This should be no problem.

Also, as others pointed out, talk with your new cabin steward and let them know you are moving into that cabin. My new steward made sure to do that cabin first and also coordinated with the other steward to move our stuff to the new cabin. We left everything on hangers and threw the loose stuff in the suitcase. By the time we processed by onto the ship all our stuff was in the new cabin, we had access and everything put away in no time.

I did this in March. Go to Customer Relations and tell them you need a Safe Deposit Box to store your valuables until your room is ready. This should be no problem.

Also, as others pointed out, talk with your new cabin steward and let them know you are moving into that cabin. My new steward made sure to do that cabin first and also coordinated with the other steward to move our stuff to the new cabin. We left everything on hangers and threw the loose stuff in the suitcase. By the time we processed by onto the ship all our stuff was in the new cabin, we had access and everything put away in no time.

You did this in March, and you will do it again at the end of the month. :cool: You can let me know how you made out on AOS on your second leg of your b2b, which will be our first leg. ;) Your suggestions re the safe and the new steward are great. :)

Gerry

Just did a b2b in Venice on the Splendour. On the Wednesday of the first week Guest Relations called us to say our new Sea Passes would arrive Thursday. They did. We didn't have to get off or do anything else. We were moving cabins 2 doors down and had the same Cabin Steward. He made sure the new cabin was his first done. We moved hangers and suitcases, etc. And we were off sightsseing in Venice by 0830. Swiped off the ship with the old card and back on with the new.

We didn't have to get off or do anything else.

This is because you were in Europe (same with us in Barcelona last year). I believe if you are at a US port, due to the way Homeland Security works, you still have to get off and on.

Simon

I just did this a few weeks ago on the Rhapsody. We were on a b2b with the same cabin both times, but 5 days into the second cruise before dinner in the eveing they upgraded us to a Jr. Suite. Oh, happy day!!!

Even unplanned the transfer was so easy. I think we set a record: we packed our miscellaneous stuff in one big suitcase, showered, dressed for dinner, and were standing at the Customer Relations desk to get our new seapass cards in ONE hour!!

All of our belongings and clothes were in our new cabin after dinner. Our old room steward, August, even found a few items that DH didn't see on the high shelves, and hand delivered them.

I always thought moving cabins would be a hassle, but it wasn't. We were unpacked very quickly, too.

You did this in March, and you will do it again at the end of the month. :cool: You can let me know how you made out on AOS on your second leg of your b2b, which will be our first leg. ;) Your suggestions re the safe and the new steward are great. :)

Gerry

Be glad to.

I just did this a few weeks ago on the Rhapsody. We were on a b2b with the same cabin both times, but 5 days into the second cruise before dinner in the eveing they upgraded us to a Jr. Suite. Oh, happy day!!!

Even unplanned the transfer was so easy. I think we set a record: we packed our miscellaneous stuff in one big suitcase, showered, dressed for dinner, and were standing at the Customer Relations desk to get our new seapass cards in ONE hour!!

All of our belongings and clothes were in our new cabin after dinner. Our old room steward, August, even found a few items that DH didn't see on the high shelves, and hand delivered them.

I always thought moving cabins would be a hassle, but it wasn't. We were unpacked very quickly, too.

Just nosy- but why did they wait so long into the 2nd cruise to upgrade you?

Just nosy- but why did they wait so long into the 2nd cruise to upgrade you?

We had the same cabin booked for both legs. We are D+ and there were no upgrades available for either cruise. However, toward the end of the first cruise I asked the Loyalty Ambassador to check. They had none available for the second, either, but 4 days into the cruise the JS became available. I think either someone got off the ship in one of the ports, or perhaps an entertainer had the cabin. So, it was open after the cruise started.

We had the same cabin booked for both legs. We are D+ and there were no upgrades available for either cruise. However, toward the end of the first cruise I asked the Loyalty Ambassador to check. They had none available for the second, either, but 4 days into the cruise the JS became available. I think either someone got off the ship in one of the ports, or perhaps an entertainer had the cabin. So, it was open after the cruise started.

That was my husband's guess too. Hope the second leg was long enough to give you a fair amount of quality time in your JS! :)

That was my husband's guess too. Hope the second leg was long enough to give you a fair amount of quality time in your JS! :)

Oh, YES, we got to enjoy the room! This b2b was our Great Adventure, better known as the GA. We went to French Polynesia and all around Australia. We had 12 nights in the JS.

Archived