Life Preservers & Drills

tennis837

From what I understand John Heald to have posted...

Carnival has changed their Muster Drill also. You go to the Drill without the vests. So once you have listened to the drill, much like on a plane, you are free to move about the Cabin :D or in my case get the sail away party stuff and meet my new 100 best friends, from these here boards. Yep going on the Dream with a CC Group :p want to come?

Does Carnival still require life preservers to be taken to the drill? The last two RCCL cruises did not so hoping Carnival has changed its policy.

Yes! Th policy did change recently. You only have to carry yourself, which is enough of a chore in itself!

uh-oh :D you said the words "germ infested" I said the same thing and someone became a flamer cuz they did not like that I said "germ" infested.

But it is true.....

I call my son in law Germ, no one ever flames at me :D

well his name is Jeramie and we call him Jerm really (sounds the same), but why would someone get bent for you stating the FACTS!

Silly people!, hey why not pass around the H1N1 right, Glad they can stay in the closet, I will risk the "Germs" if and when I need to. Thank you very much. Sinking ship, H1N1 hummmm. what to do :eek: I had it two weeks ago, I think I am safe now.

From what I understand John Heald to have posted...

Carnival has changed their Muster Drill also. You go to the Drill without the vests. So once you have listened to the drill, much like on a plane, you are free to move about the Cabin :D or in my case get the sail away party stuff and meet my new 100 best friends, from these here boards. Yep going on the Dream with a CC Group :p want to come?

I always thought it was silly to have to teach adults who somehow managed to get to the ship and get on board how to put on a life preserver.

We're not talking about something that requires physical skills. I wrote it off to the fact that some people have never been around boats or ships.

Glad they changed that one.

we just got back from sailing on the Ecstasy. We had to take our vests with us to our muster station, put them on, then follow our leader to the life boats. Someone took a wrong turn and we wound up on the wrong side of the ship. It took so long that we were still up there with our life vests when the ship left port.

So, my answer is you may still have to do it the old-fashioned way, depending on what ship you're on.

We also had to take our life vests to our muster station (ours was the Universe Lounge) where we were expected to put them on. However, we were told to take them off and just carry them to our assigned lifeboat station where we listened to the announcements (but in fact could not hear them from where we were!) Had a great voyage except for very rough seas on last night but did not get seasick (did see the sick bags out by the elevators tho':eek:). Hopefully, on our next cruise we will not have to bring the life jackets to muster drill. That way there is more time for the sail-away party!

After about 10 cruises on Carnival, RCI, and Princess I don't think any two muster drill processes have been the same. They have been quicker/longer, inside/outside, vests on vests off. Speech inside then go outside/ meet inside go outside then the speech. I just try to go with the flow and get through it without being the person that causes a delay!

Archived