shasa tour

flyingandcruising

We took this tour in Nov 2007

Just wish that they had a private turtle snorkel back then

The tour then was good Had a long wait to be picked up at the pier for we were the only ones off a cruise ship that day all the others were from local hotels Both the shipwreck and the turtle snorkels were a mad house tons of people in the water and every shot we took had a body or part of a body in it:rolleyes:, The lunch stop was very peaseful the food good and the water was clear and warm and no one but us was around.

When we got aback to their dock miss the van going back to the pier and was loaded on a van droping off others at thier hotels. We got dropoff Just about got tossed out of the van at the main gate.

After reading this review we are thinking of trying them again.

Paul

Paul,

I think you would see a huge improvement in their operation. We were met promptly at Gate 2 at the terminal and a taxi van took us to the catamaran where Tess and Jason helped us aboard. When we returned to shore we had another taxi van waiting that took us directly to the pier.

I can only say that our experience with Tess and Jason and our day on Shasa was a delight:)

Debr

Thanks DebR. That is not what I really wanted to hear. If it's filled to the max, I don't want to be fighting over seats. :) I love sitting out front on the net but don't want to be forced to sit there. :) I sent an inquiring and just waiting for a response. Thank you for the info.

Thanks DebR. That is not what I really wanted to hear. If it's filled to the max, I don't want to be fighting over seats. :) I love sitting out front on the net but don't want to be forced to sit there. :) I sent an inquiring and just waiting for a response. Thank you for the info.

It really wasn't an issue. It started out that only three of us were on the net, but within 5 minutes there were at least 5 or 6 out there, so I don't think it would be a problem if you wanted an actual seat.

Debr

Hi everyone,

I just emailed Shasa about a 5 hour lunch cruise booking for Feb. 3rd, the day our ship, the Carnival Victory, will be in port. They emailed me back RIGHT away (which I appreciated!) and let me know that for the 5 hour cruise that day, they need 2 more people to sign on to make it happen. So I'm wondering if there are 2 more people out there that want to join me and my boyfriend along for this excursion. If so, please email Tess right away.

To secure your booking, please email Tess at shasacatamarancruises@gmail.com and post a note here too so that I know.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I just emailed Shasa about a 5 hour lunch cruise booking for Feb. 3rd, the day our ship, the Carnival Victory, will be in port. They emailed me back RIGHT away (which I appreciated!) and let me know that for the 5 hour cruise that day, they need 2 more people to sign on to make it happen. So I'm wondering if there are 2 more people out there that want to join me and my boyfriend along for this excursion. If so, please email Tess right away.

To secure your booking, please email Tess at shasacatamarancruises@gmail.com and post a note here too so that I know.

Thanks!

Be sure to post on the message board for your sailing, that's how I filled the catamaran:)

Debr

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I have the same problem, except three weeks later than you on Feb 24th (also on the Victory). If I were you I'd post this on your roll call. Didn't work for me, but that's where you're most likely to find someone for that day.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I went to their website and sent them a message on Saturday, however, they have not emailed me back. :(

Hi rcprncss,

I guess this website doesn't allow people to private message each other (?) so I'm posting this here. Is it for Feb. 3rd that you want to book for? If so, I would say to send your email to Shasa again, as they got back to me right away, so maybe they didn't get your message. Or let me know your email address and I can send it to them to contact you with. My email, btw, is alisoncole@hotmail.com

They have a phone number, too, which is 1-246-823-4670.

I am leaving on Wednesday, so it would be awesome to have this figured out by then!

I just emailed Shasa Catamaran Cruises in Barbados about booking a 5 hour lunch cruise booking for Feb. 3rd, the day our ship will be in port. They emailed me back RIGHT away (which I appreciated!) and let me know that for the 5 hour cruise that day, they need 2 more people to sign on to make it happen. So I'm wondering if there are 2 more people out there that want to join me and my boyfriend along for this excursion. If so, please email Tess right away. I also imagine there is room for more people as well as the boat takes up to 12 people.

To secure your booking, please email Tess at shasacatamarancruises@gmail.com and post a note here too so that I know. Thanks :)

This cruise tour has received excellent reviews here on the Cruise Critic forum. One thread that has recent reviews is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1088392

Hi,

To all those trying to contact Shasa please remember this is their busy time and Tess is usually out meeting folks at the pier and helping get everyone on board the catamaran. She is very good about answering. The e-mail is shasacatamarancruises@gmail.com.

When we signed up we could only reserve for the 3 hour trip because we didn't have enough people. As it got closer to our sailing people get more serious about excursions and the catamaran filled.

Debr

Hi Folks

i normally stay away from these boards but when i saw this post by excalwop

i just had to reply and show you all how some people go out of their way to slander other people without thinking.he never even sailed with us.

#1 Report Post

Old June 8th, 2007, 07:58 PM

Cool Cruiser

Thumbs down Shasa catamaran snorkel tour

Has any one tried this tour??

First tried to book with this co. last Jan. Was told to try in June for a Nov. 28 day sail. OK I waited now they say that they have not made plans for thier all dayer but to book the 3 hr morning tour.

The boat takes a max. of 12 pass. and There are a total of 6 of us.

So now we are saying byby to Sasa tour and finding another turtle snorkel tour.

Paul

Shasa catamaran snorkel tour

Shasa user_online.gif

Cool Cruiser

Excalwop

I would like to know who told you to wait until June???? we certainly did not!!!

we have a minimum of 4 passengers on our 5 hour sail so we would have not told you that we can't do a 5 hour tour for 6 people the Truth of the matter is that you enquired for 2 passengers only,and yes we do only carry 12 passengers and 99.9 percent of people do think that this is a plus.and also you enquired in

december the 15 th to be exact.and then after that on th4 of June and both times i gave you the same reply. i have all the e mail corespendence

So it is unreasonable of you to give Shasa thumbs down.

Last edited by Shasa; June 10th, 2007 at 06:05 PM.

Shasa View Public Profile Find all posts by Shasa Add Shasa to Your Contacts

June 11th, 2007, 05:02 PM

excalwop user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shasa

Excalwop

I would like to know who told you to wait until June???? we certainly did not!!!

we have a minimum of 4 passengers on our 5 hour sail so we would have not told you that we can't do a 5 hour tour for 6 people the Truth of the matter is that you enquired for 2 passengers only,and yes we do only carry 12 passengers and 99.9 percent of people do think that this is a plus.and also you enquired in

december the 15 th to be exact.and then after that on th4 of June and both times i gave you the same reply. i have all the e mail corespendence

So it is unreasonable of you to give Shasa thumbs down.

To Jason O'Neal,

1)Yes I requested for two(2) for we will be hooking up with four(4) others who will be on the Island for a week. They called and made an inquiary from the info we give them.They were told that they would need two(2) more. I was going to wait until the end of JUne to make res.

2) Got a phone call the day after (9 June) l saying that we needed more pass. The other group got the same message.

3) The E-mail we received in Dec. said that you could only have res for the 3 hour tour at this time . The E-mail we received two days later said that the five(5) hour tours will be opening in June for Nov.

4) The others have made res. for another boat so this is so long.

excalwop View Public Profile Find all posts by excalwop Add excalwop to Your Contacts

#

June 11th, 2007, 09:25 PM

Sunniebgi user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

If the customer knows there are going to be more than just the 2 of them, why, when asking, would you just say booking for 2 people.. why not.. we are 2 people but have 4 friends who will be on the island and joining us on the day for the cruise. Whats the problem with that.. or have the 4 people on island say there are 6 of them.

the product is a small catamaran and needs to have a certain amount of people on it to make it worth their while to sail. If they assume it's only 2, they would likely cancel as it's not worth the time and money for only 2 people on a 12 people cat.

I don't know all the other e-mails, but something doesn't sound right to me from the customers end. Sounds like Shasa was trying to do what they needed to do to have a nice sailing.

so let me ask excalwop.. if you were going to dinner with 4 other people, would you call the restaurant and say.. there are 2 of us for the reservation, and then have your 4 friends call for a reservation for themselves and then when you got there say you wanted to sit at the same table.. or would you call for a reservation for 6 people total?? kind of the same thing.. don't you think???

Last edited by Sunniebgi; June 11th, 2007 at 09:29 PM.

Sunniebgi View Public Profile Find all posts by Sunniebgi Add Sunniebgi to Your Contacts

#

June 11th, 2007, 09:30 PM

Shasa user_online.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

To Paul

I hope you have a great tour and you enjoy Barbados

Jason

Shasa View Public Profile Find all posts by Shasa Add Shasa to Your Contacts

Well, I'm gonna put my two cents worth in here too. I haven't sailed with Shasa YET, but most certainly all my dealing with Tess have been responsive and the only time her response was a little delayed was because she was sick. We have a larger group going out - 18 in total. So, Shasa is arranging for a second catamaran to join us. I've changed the number of people several times - first I went up to 22, then I went down to 20 and now I'm down to 18. All my emails were handled professionally. I had other issues that Tess addressed to my satisfaction as well.

I guess my point is this - you can't expect other people to read your mind. If you can't be responsible for yourself, then don't blame others for your short comings. Obviously Tess has records and has done her research. Who among us really believes they really got "just about tossed out of the van". For a company that relies on word of mouth and places like this website where they know everyone talks, why would they risk losing so much business by handling things so poorly.

Well, I'm gonna put my two cents worth in here too. I haven't sailed with Shasa YET, but most certainly all my dealing with Tess have been responsive and the only time her response was a little delayed was because she was sick. We have a larger group going out - 18 in total. So, Shasa is arranging for a second catamaran to join us. I've changed the number of people several times - first I went up to 22, then I went down to 20 and now I'm down to 18. All my emails were handled professionally. I had other issues that Tess addressed to my satisfaction as well.

I guess my point is this - you can't expect other people to read your mind. If you can't be responsible for yourself, then don't blame others for your short comings. Obviously Tess has records and has done her research. Who among us really believes they really got "just about tossed out of the van". For a company that relies on word of mouth and places like this website where they know everyone talks, why would they risk losing so much business by handling things so poorly.

I totally agree with you. I haven't sailed with Shasa yet, but the dozen emails to Tess have been replied to quickly with the utmost amount of professionalism. I'm looking forward to Barbados more than any of the other 6 islands that I'm visiting in March. I was also just there in December and I am SO ready to go back! :)

I forgot to add – I first contacted Shasa back in May 2009 – for our tour in April 2010. Almost a year in advance and they had no problem confirming us.

My two cents also -- I worked with Tess for almost 8 months and she was great and very organized! We sailed with Tess and Jason a couple weeks ago and everything was perfect:)

The CC boards are a powerful communication tool and Tess and Jason are very hardworking honest people.

Debr

I don't think it's needed at this point, but I'll also join the "communication with Tess has been great" group. She's been very responsive to my emails and on the phone. I'll tell you in a month or so how the tour went, but so far I have nothing but good things to say about her communication.

tess,

In May of 07 I sent in a requrst for two for your all day sail saying that you were not at this time you were not taking any res. for the day cruise but only the 3 hour cruise and to try again in June if we still wanted the day cruise

Sent three requests in June and July with no reply then in Aug. got a email saying that you were bookd for the day we requested. So we booked with another tour

In Nov. that tour cancel and informed us that they booked us with your tour

As for the return trip back to the Ship the van we were to take was fulled and left You got us on another van wich wew were the only ones going to the port The driver was told that if he got another group to thier hotel that there was a big tip for him, Traffic was a mess.When we got to the port area he stopped and started saying out, out now.

Paul

• 1 month later...

We just came back from our Carnival Victory Cruise that left San Juan 2/21/10. We (family of 4) had the opportunity to sail with Jason on Shasa. Three of us snorkeled.

It was a very windy and choppy day with the wind coming from the South instead of the normal easterly flow. The turtles were plentiful at the site we anchored at. There were only a couple other small boats there, so we had lots of room. Jason found a sheltered cove on the way back for snorkeling and while the fish weren't plentiful we had a great swim. He did a great job under the windy circumstances. Even my wife who doesn't swim found the trip to be very relaxing and beautiful.

As for Tess all our email was answered promptly and all questions were answered. This is a great outfit.

Thanks Tess and Jason,

The Hayes Family

Archived