1st Time Carnival Cruiser! So many questions!

kg66

This will be our 1st Carnival Cruise(actually haven't booked it yet, but it will be on The Liberty March 6, 2010). We as a family of 4 (Daughters 12 & 9) have cruised Norweigan twice and Disney once. The girls have asked to try Carnival this year. I feel like I know nothing about Carnival which really bothers me. Is Liberty Exotic Eastern Itinerary a good ship for all of us , as well as a good itinerary? On our 2 NCL's we did the Western .

I need to hear all of your expert advice:p Thanks in advance, but I'm sure as long as they put an umbrella in my Fruity DOTD I will be happy!:cool:

Like others that already mentioned, welcome to the board. We have been on the Liberty 3 times and love the ship. We have also done your cruise and think that you will be pleased with the itin. as well. Can't speak with reference to the two other cruise lines as we have not gone on them.

I have done Disney, RC and about 8 Carnival Cruises. I think your kids will love it. We did Liberty once. We had a great time. We love the Eastern. We did the Exotic Western this past Feb. It was different. This next Feb we are doing the Western on Dream. We enjoy Carnival. We love the Eastern and Southern. I think you will all have a great time. Our favorite ship so far on Carnival was Freedom. We did it twice. Once Eastern last year and Exotic Western this year.

Thanks everyone for the Warm Welcome!! I'm sure we'll have a great time on any Carnival Ship and Itinerary, but I just get nervous as hubby ALWAYS leaves all the planning to me!!! But I probably wouldn't want it any other way! The girls' only request was a ship with a Seaside Theatre. Does anyone know if the seas are the same or rougher from Miami doing the Eastern as opposed to the Western?

Thanks everyone for the Warm Welcome!! I'm sure we'll have a great time on any Carnival Ship and Itinerary, but I just get nervous as hubby ALWAYS leaves all the planning to me!!! But I probably wouldn't want it any other way! The girls' only request was a ship with a Seaside Theatre. Does anyone know if the seas are the same or rougher from Miami doing the Eastern as opposed to the Western?

We did eastern last year on the Liberty and it seemed more rocky than this year on the Inspiration West Carib. The last night only was rocky due to Ida on the Western. Neither was too bad & I did not get sick, although others did. Amazing, because I get carsick.

Welcome aboard! (lame I know)

I've done 3 Carnival cruises, and the Liberty has been my favourite, I'm going on her again in 24 days!!

I'm sure you'll have a good time....

oh and I didn't notice the waters at all when I did the Exotic Eastern on Liberty.

March is good time to cruise with kids onboard.

Your kids will be in two different camps. Both of the camps allow kids to sign themselves in and out. camps are broke down by age groups 9-11 and 12-14. Camps are very strict with ages- kids can move down but not up. (especially during high peak sailing time)

• 1 month later...

I don't have kids, but on the Carnival cruises I have been on, it is always amazing to me when they announce how many kids are onboard. This past Inspiration cruise there were 800+ - and I don't recall seeing too many which means that they were doing other things with Camp Carnival, Club O, etc. Seems like kids enjoy these activities.

I haven't cruised NCL or Disney so can't give you a relative comparison of what would be different onboard. The ports are the ports - that will be the same regardless of ship. Pretty sure Cozumel looks the same whether I take an NCL ship or Carnival. ;)

One thing that I have seen is price difference. Of those three, Carnival will be the cheapeast comparing similar ports/cruises. Disney the priciest and NCL somewhere in the middle. We keep going on Carnival because of the overall value.

I have 3 cruises under my belt all Carnival! I have nothing to compare it too either. Yet I have never been dissapointed on a Carnival cruise. We are open to trying other lines but price and value keeps us coming back.

We ahve two boys that always travel with us. They are 14 & 9. The first year they used camp a lot. last two cruises not as much. I think they would of gone but we missed the sign up and when we went to sign them up the next day they where at lunch and just never made it back up. This year we WILL be at sign up!

I will be on Liberty as well on 1/23/10. I can post reviews when we get back.

As far as advice for Carnival here is mine...

~ Go to camp sign up if you want the kids to go. With all else going on each day its get forgotten too fast. Then you want a break from the kids and well by day 4 they refuse to go! Just by personal experience

~ Melting Cake Melting cake Melting Cake. order a extra scopp of ice cream!!! YUM

~ drink lots of Dod's. Or just skip them and ask for a kiss on the lips you will not be disappointed.

~ ENJOY!!

Archived