Captain's Circle - Do you get another lapel pin after Gold?

cityguy300

Just checking because I didn't even receive my Platinum upgrade package at the end of my last cruise. I had to email Princess customer service when I got home, to which they replied they would be mailing me my "new cards" in 4-6 weeks -- and that's indeed all I got, a new card with the CC brochure. Do we not get silver and black logo pins like the first gold one? I wanted to swap it out on my travel knapsack for next time. :)

Just checking because I didn't even receive my Platinum upgrade package at the end of my last cruise. I had to email Princess customer service when I got home, to which they replied they would be mailing me my "new cards" in 4-6 weeks -- and that's indeed all I got, a new card with the CC brochure. Do we not get silver and black logo pins like the first gold one? I wanted to swap it out on my travel knapsack for next time. :)

As of last January, they still had the pins for each level. DH got another one from the Captain's Circle hostess on board when the back fell off his and he lost it.

As of last January, they still had the pins for each level. DH got another one from the Captain's Circle hostess on board when the back fell off his and he lost it.

Thanks, I know I saw them in a display case once when I was on the CB last March. If you can get them from the hostess anytime then I'll just ask for one next time I'm on board -- unlike the cards there's nothing personalized so they probably have a drawer full of them. ;)

Probably the same people who wear flowered shirts and sandals in the dining room on formal nights.:(

I assure you I wear neither -- not even outside the dining room ;) -- and I still want my pin as a souvenir. I stuck my first one on the back of my knapsack at the end of my first cruise, and it's just stayed there ever since -- it blends in with the zippers and other metal bits so I never notice it. So naturally I wanted to swap it out once I upgraded -- status aside, the silver (sorry, platinum) will blend in even better! :)

I think your generalization is backwards anyway. Wouldn't anyone who's sailed enough times to reach a higher tier be the last ones to stroll in on formal night in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts? You must have been seated next to some newbie with a bunch of Disney World pins in the brim of their baseball cap. :D

I never received a gold pin and will be platinum after the next cruise in June. I would like to have them as a souvenier. How do you get them.:confused:

Check with the captain's circle host/hostess on your next cruise, they should be able to supply you with the one you have earned.

I'm SHOCKED! People poo-poo-ing the "PIN." I proudly wear my Platinum pin upon boarding (quite frankly, it was a great help last February when I did not have my passport) ... and, yes, I even have a Princess lanyard for my cruise card too. :p And, yes, we've been known to wear matching Aloha wear to Hawaii .... must you scowl? (snif, snif) ... I have a post-college education and am proud to wear all of the above. :cool: I just have one question .... what does the Elite Pin look like? :confused: I don't think I've ever seen one ... but I'm spending thousands of dollars to find out ... and really, isn't that what life is all really about? :D

Edit: The above is tongue in cheek ... but I really do wear my pin upon boarding. It's kind of a tradition with us.

I assure you I wear neither -- not even outside the dining room ;) -- and I still want my pin as a souvenir. I stuck my first one on the back of my knapsack at the end of my first cruise, and it's just stayed there ever since -- it blends in with the zippers and other metal bits so I never notice it. So naturally I wanted to swap it out once I upgraded -- status aside, the silver (sorry, platinum) will blend in even better! :)

I think your generalization is backwards anyway. Wouldn't anyone who's sailed enough times to reach a higher tier be the last ones to stroll in on formal night in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts? You must have been seated next to some newbie with a bunch of Disney World pins in the brim of their baseball cap. :D

While I have never received my Gold level pin, I don't know that I would be so quick to knock Disney pins. I do collect them, and I can tell you, that I have some pins that I could trade for a 4 night cruise. There are some (many) that carry a value over a hundred dollars and some that well exceed that. Hopefully you were saying that with some humor and if not, then hopefully you learned that not all newbies with Disney pins are slobs.

Have a great Day.

I used to be a pin guy but seemed to get over them a few years ago. Last year we were both given our Elite pins from Princess and they are pretty impressive. Gold with the a circle around the sea witch logo highlighted in black.

Enjoy ... whatever floats your boat or ship in this case.

While I have never received my Gold level pin, I don't know that I would be so quick to knock Disney pins. I do collect them, and I can tell you, that I have some pins that I could trade for a 4 night cruise. There are some (many) that carry a value over a hundred dollars and some that well exceed that. Hopefully you were saying that with some humor and if not, then hopefully you learned that not all newbies with Disney pins are slobs.

Have a great Day.

LOL, I wondered if I was going to get in trouble with some Disney fan on here. :) Absolutely no disrespect meant; in fact, if I actually went to a Disney park more than once a decade and was willing to pay the $$$ for the pins, I'd probably collect them, too. I like small knick-knacks like that and sometimes wish I had collected one from every city (or at least country) I'd visited, but I've missed so many from around the world already it would be hard to get into it now. Plus they tend to be overpriced, which is why it's gratifying to get one from Princess (or not in my case -- until next time!).

My point was that I don't know why the person I was replying to would associate wearing a membership/souvenir pin with being a "slob" as you put it. I wondered if he was imagining some tourist stereotype wearing loud colours and an excessive amount of theme park paraphernalia everywhere. ;)

Last year we were both given our Elite pins from Princess and they are pretty impressive. Gold with the a circle around the sea witch logo highlighted in black.

Wait, so it's just the Gold pin with the inner circle / "C" coated in black? I suppose that sounds better than what I originally pictured, which was an all-black version of the same design, but it's funny that it sounds like a step back to the first pin you get.

Archived