**If I ran Carnival Cruise Lines, I would...**

BC Todd

The fire hazard excuse is BS. I was on an NCL ship a ouple years ago, and they a coffee maker hard wired in the room (didn't have a typical plug-in). It was nice not having to wait a hour for coffee from room service or walk to the Lido deck buffett to grab a coffee in the morning.

The fire hazard excuse is BS. I was on an NCL ship a ouple years ago, and they a coffee maker hard wired in the room (didn't have a typical plug-in). It was nice not having to wait a hour for coffee from room service or walk to the Lido deck buffett to grab a coffee in the morning.

"Waiting an hour for coffee is also BS." I hang the card at night and the coffee, and danish, and cereal arrives within minutes of MY requested time. No making little pots of coffee. Just pouring and enjoying the on time delivered coffee.

I would drop the bingo games (that never seem to end, geez I hate those annoying annoucements every five minutes) In place of the bingo games I would offer Q & A sessions with different members of the crew...

I'd go aboard ship incognito, and listen to what my customers have to say about their cruise.

"SKY"

Wear a Cruise Critic shirt and they'll have plenty to tell you to report. Nothing you tell them about this being a message board gets them to understand you don't work for a magazine or cruise company as a critic. I've heard all kinds of things..."You must tell them....." "Don't forget to tell them they need to..."

It's funny.

If I ran CCL I would partner with a specific airline in a strategic partnership to benefit both organizations...

And which of the numerous barely preforming airlines would you choose to get people moved from everywhere to everywhere.. Carnival now home ports in the NE, SE, Fl, Gulf Coast, Tx., Ca,. Wa.

There once was a CARNIVAL AIRLINES, didn't work.

I like the idea of an expanded Bon Voyage Department.

How about this one...If I ran CCL I would make all hot tubs adults only! Little kids do not understand sitting in a hot tub to relax...All they want to do is play and splash...that is what the pool and waterslides are for! And, I would also allow drinks in the hot tub (in plastic glasses) as well:)

I like the idea of an expanded Bon Voyage Department.

How about this one...If I ran CCL I would make all hot tubs adults only! Little kids do not understand sitting in a hot tub to relax...All they want to do is play and splash...that is what the pool and waterslides are for! And, I would also allow drinks in the hot tub (in plastic glasses) as well:)

Signs by the Hot Tubs read "Adults Only". It is just not enforced like it should be.

Any feral kids found roaming the ship unsupervised to be offloaded with their parents at the next stop. [Parents would have the option to remain onboard while their kids are offloaded].

Finally a good idea!:p

Make sweet tea available at the drink stations in the Lido restaurant. Those of us from the South drink sweet tea for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Trying to add sugar to unsweetend tea that is already cold just doesn't work.

Have a handout that specifically lists the amenities in the Spa/Gym area that are included in the cruise price and list the prices for those that have an additional fee. I usually avoid the Spa/Gym area because I don't know what is "free." Am I the only one who finds this area of the ship confusing?

Make sweet tea available at the drink stations in the Lido restaurant. Those of us from the South drink sweet tea for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Trying to add sugar to unsweetend tea that is already cold just doesn't work.

Have a handout that specifically lists the amenities in the Spa/Gym area that are included in the cruise price and list the prices for those that have an additional fee. I usually avoid the Spa/Gym area because I don't know what is "free." Am I the only one who finds this area of the ship confusing?

I like your idea !

I, too, find it confusing.

I've used a stationary bike on one cruise since I'd had knee surgery and that was one of the things that helped during rehab. Sure felt good and kept me in good shape for all the walking we did on that trip. But since that cruise I haven't used the gym, though I've wanted to. I do a quick walk through on just about every cruise, but find I can't bring myself to ask about the other equipment and services. :rolleyes::o

The only time I've signed up to use the Spa was when the attendants stationed themselves right outside the venue's doorway during embarkation. They were giving out information to any one in the area, giving mini previews of things they could do. I felt more comfortable with this way of getting the information and signing up. As a result, I booked four of us to get hot stone messages...and we all loved it!

I would class things up a bit....somewhat ditch any of the 80's spring-break at Cancun stereotype by...

1) no more filthy mouthed comedy, PG rating is fine but R rated should go.

2) have a formal only dining option. Maybe one seating in one dining room requires a coat for the gents. Or at least enforce the dress code in one place.

3) at least one ship in future will be classy decorated, no pink wallpaper, no silver urns, carpet is blue not rainbow. Have Joe Farcas take a one ship hiatus.

4) less skin in production shows

Archived