time changes on TA

cruise kitty

We will be traveling on a West bound TA at the end of this month. I understand we will be gaining an hour each day we cross the Atlantic, and a few as we travel west thru the Med. My question is, will the steward change the clock in our cabin each evening when he turns down, or do we need to check and change it each night?

We will be traveling on a West bound TA at the end of this month. I understand we will be gaining an hour each day we cross the Atlantic, and a few as we travel west thru the Med. My question is, will the steward change the clock in our cabin each evening when he turns down, or do we need to check and change it each night?

Sorry, double post, the boards are crazy again tonight. :)

No clocks in the cabins that I know of. If you bring your own, I'm sure, the cabin steward would not touch your property, you will have to do that yourself. ;) The phones do have the time on them, these change automatically.

Slightly off-topic, but I've read posts from people who think that a west-bound crossing takes longer than an east-bound one, because of the changing clocks.

Time taken on a cruise is about the distance travelled and the speed of the boat; nothing to do with fiddling with clocks.

Imagine if the captain chose to put the clocks back eleven hours each day. Why, you'd never reach North America!

It all depends upon which cruise line you are using. Some have clocks which are tied into the ship's systems and require no manual intervention. Some do not have stand alone clocks. Some do.

If this is of concern to you, I suggest:

a) let us know which cruise line, and/or

b) simply ask the cabin steward

On our eastbound TA in March/ April 2008 the time was changed at noon or 1pm. (RCCL Jewel of the Sea) We were responsible for our own clocks and watches -I don't think there were ship's clocks in the cabins. Clocks in the halls and on ship TV cams changed .

Archived