Oasis cabin information-FOLLOW FORMAT PLEASE - No Questions/Discussion

kk99

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 596

Class – D1

Front Starboard on the forward hump

Bed near balcony

Quiet Cabin

Balcony View - Great View no obstructions :)

Balcony Size? Large D1 balcony

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Very convenient to get to the pool deck (Deck 15). Muster station D3 in Studio B. Not a connecting room.

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 719

Class – D1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Boardwalk View

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet Cabin; could hear zip line noise but nothing to big. All doors are zip locked closing so you barely hear a thing. NOT Connecting Room

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Lovely view of the wake; Aquatheatre, and Boardwalk. Reminder; close your blinds at night!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size; enough room for 2

Was wind a problem? Not at all

Any specific problems with this cabin? Bathroom was kind of small; Shower was amazing with the closing doors; Could only fit 1 person in the bathroom at a time. The air Conditioning was located in the wrong area above the closet; room didn't get cool enough; IDEA: open the closet doors at night.

Any other comments? Michael the Cabin Steward was AMAZING!!! He sings every morning and evening while cleaning the rooms, he needs to make a CD or something...very nice and will do anything for you! LOVE HIM!

Deck - 14

Cabin # - 286

Class – D6

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Rear Port

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – The first couple of mornings I heard the service door outside, but that noise went away, maybe as we slept in longer, or maybe they oiled the hinges..LOL

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Privacy was no issue, but there was an obstruction on the "front" brace. You had to lean out over the railing to see forward and then it wasn't a good view, not really much to see, but they should name it an obstructed view balcony

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Not a "regular" cruiser, but this was about the same as the other two balconys we've had

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? There was noise from the service doors outside but that went away. Deck 14 is below the pool deck and I didn't hear chair noise like i've heard on other cabins booked under the pool deck on different lines

Any other comments? Nice room, probably wouldn't book again because of the obstructed balcony. Even if it wouldn't have made a difference. This was not in the rear and was close to the elevators. One flight up and we were on the pool deck, next to the wipeout cafe and the windjammer taking the elevator to 8 is the entrance to Central park and to 6 is the boardwalk.. I liked the room location to the elevator. It was a major reason for booking that room. Maybe next time we'll spend 50.00 more to avoid the obstruction...LOL.. enjoy..

Hi everyone,

Here's the updated list. http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pi...lZjYwNzU&pli=1

or if you can't open it click on the Oasis cabin attachment here http://sites.google.com/site/oasiscruisers/Home

I really appreciate everyone's efforts who have taken the time to post. If you've cruised Oasis and haven't listed your cabin information, please take a few minutes and add to the list.

Kelcie

• 2 weeks later...

Deck - 14

Cabin # - 629

Class – C2

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Central Park

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – generally quiet but end room next to service room so heard noises from the staff

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– great view of the pool above us

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized since we were on the end

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? good location 1 flight to the pool and 2 flights to the Wind Jammer

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 200

Class – D1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Center Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet. We heard no noise at all when the balcony door was closed.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Hump cabin, port side, nice view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for D1

Was wind a problem? No

Other comments? Midship isn't great in terms of convenience to the elevators. Next time I'm opting for something closer to one of the elevator banks.

Edited by loralei

Deck - 8

Cabin # - (8)668

Class – D8 superior oceanview (balcony)

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - back starboard - ocean view balcony

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony - liked this configuration. This is a cabin for 2 - no pullmans or sleeper couch

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet - near Dazzles, but no noise heard

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– nice view, no issues

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? none - cabin seemed big enough for what we needed. Liked the new closet style. Lots of storage in the bathroom.

Any other comments?

fabulous location! close to aft (back) elevators & a lovely walk through Central Park for the front elevators. Very convenient!

Hi everyone,

or if you can't open it click on the Oasis cabin attachment here http://sites.google.com/site/oasiscruisers/Home

I really appreciate everyone's efforts who have taken the time to post. If you've cruised Oasis and haven't listed your cabin information, please take a few minutes and add to the list.

Kelcie

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 715

Class – B2

Boardwalk - Midway Starboard

Quiet Cabin? - Could hear Aquatheater with balcony door closed - not loud, but not silence either

Balcony View - High enough to see ocean over Aqua Theater screens.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for B2

Was wind a problem? No wind

Other comments? Decent, but not great view of Aquatheater, a little too far forward. At the aft end of the hallway on deck 11 there is a great public balcony with lounge chairs. Great ocean and Aquatheater views

Edited by loudbmw

Deck-12

Cabin #-12307

Class-B1

Bed near-bath Would prefer bed near balcony

Boardwalk

Quite Cabin-Yes, except you could hear zipliners even with balcony door closed.

Balcony View-Could see most of the boardwalk and some of the aqua theater.

Balcony size-normal

Wind-not a problem

Other comments-good location for access to most venues. No noise in hallway.

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 250

Class – D2

Back Port (middle)

Bed near: Balcony

Quiet Cabin: Connecting (no sofa)

Balcony View - No obstruction, quiet and private

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? No wind

Any specific problems with this cabin? No sofa, just an armchair

Any other comments? Very comfortable bed. Very near elevators.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 566

Class – D7

Front Starboard

Bed near? Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet

Balcony View - Ocean view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Smaller than expected

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Very nice location. Close to elevators, but no noise from it, nor excess traffic. Totally avoided the necessity of walking the long hallway corridors. Felt a LOT of motion (seas were somewhat rough, though).

Rachel

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7570

Class – D8

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Front Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

quiet. Sometimes heard a toilet flush from the other rooms as they are bery loud (like on an airplane)

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– 2 decks above the life boats. No problem with view, it was beautiful

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Good size balcony

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? no

Any other comments? our cabin steward, Gerry, was great! Also, no cold water from the sink, more luke warm. Lots of storage space. I brought an extension cord but the outlets were not that hard to get to like everyone says. No need to bring an over the door shoe hanger for toiletries...there is room

Edited by 3xboys

Hi everyone,

Kelcie

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 198

Class – D1 Superior Ocean View with Large Balcony

(photos attached)

Cabin location (Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk) - Forward/midship Port, at the center of the forward "hump."

Bed location (near balcony or bath?) – Balcony. Very comfortable bed!

Quiet Cabin? (With comments on problems. Note if connecting.) – Very quiet, especially with balcony door closed. Not a connecting cabin.

Balcony View (Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue)– Because it's at the center of the hump it's very private with great views forward and aft. No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Larger than normal, very roomy.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments?

-Cabin has a sofa.

-Bathroom light automatically goes to "nightlight" mode at night. Nice feature!

-Easy walk to the forward elevators but a longer walk to the aft/midship elevators, although we did not mind it at all.

-Roomy shower with solid curved door, hand-held sprayer, and foot rest.

-I would like to see a set of sheer curtains installed (in addition to the current "blackouts") so that you can have daylight but still have privacy when in port (if a ship or building is nearby).

IMG_6889sm.jpg.d687ec608f050ac0187d70f8f0e73885.jpg

IMG_6890sm.jpg.1b7d7ce9692b4b2568af90535836192e.jpg

IMG_6891sm.jpg.aa992c533868dc2638fbc1767fc699e0.jpg

Hi everyone,

Kelcie

My husband and I and three other couples are sailing the Oasis on Sept 11th. Just found out it was the first Cruise Critic cruise on the Oasis. Sign me up for Cruise Critic meeting. :) Look forward to seeing all you on board! I have been reading about the ship and watching the You Tube videos. I should be fabulous. Best of All Richard Spacey is the cruise director. He is the BEST cruise director in the world!!! I'll just die if he is on vacation when we go!

See you all soon!

Hi everyone,

Kelcie

Hi Kelcie...thanks for doing this. Great job! I noticed one small correction is needed on your spreadsheet for my review of 10198: under Comments you wrote "cabin in sofa" rather than "sofa in cabin." :::giggle::: :D Oh, and I saw that cabin #10215 is listed out of sequence. Very small things, but thought you might like to know. ;)

Thanks again. Cheers.

Hi Surburbanette,

Thanks for the laugh, I fixed it, and I'm sure there may be lots of other errors, so when someone catches them, I'll be happy to fix it. I really appreciate everyone posting. There are still loads more cabins not reported on yet, and with Allure about to come on line this fall, it would be great if more of the cabin blanks could be filled in.

I do really appreciate everyone taking the time to post. It's been very helpful to me and others in booking our cabins.

Hi Surburbanette,

Thanks for the laugh, I fixed it, and I'm sure there may be lots of other errors, so when someone catches them, I'll be happy to fix it.

Kelcie, get ready to have another giggle...the cabin I reported on (10198) has mysteriously disappeared from the spreadsheet altogether. :D;)

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 130

Class – D1

Port side forward - 1st balcony cabin

Quiet Cabin? - Very quiet

Balcony View - Good view except ship was docked starboard side on the Western Itinerary. I would have liked to have had view of the island on port days.

Balcony Size? This was our first balcony, so I can't say if it was normal size. The balcony had two chairs and a small table.

Was wind a problem? Balcony was oceanview, so the wind could be heard, but it wasn't a problem.

Other comments? Loved the location of the cabin. Close to gym/spa, theater and cafe promenade.

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 702

Class – D8

Starboard side aft

Quiet Cabin? - Very quiet

Balcony View - Good view ship docked starboard on western route on port days.

Balcony Size? normal size

Was wind a problem? No

Balcony was oceanview, so the wind could be heard, but it wasn't a problem.

Other comments? loved the location cabin was in between central park and the boardwalk and 2 floors up from Royal Promonade

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 194

Class – D1

Position - Front Port

Bed near - balcony

Balcony View - Good for Atlantis (Bahamas) but next time would prefer Starboard

Balcony Size - D1 balcony (larger than other D class balconies) which was nice, but not too overfussed if we didn't have the extra space next time. Steward managed to get us 2 loungers, so this was great and fitted with the 2 chairs and table that were already on the balcony.

Was wind a problem - some days, but then it was very windy these decks, even on deck.

Any specific problems with this cabin - balcony door stuck a bit.

Any other comments - opened connecting balcony divider with 12196 and this was a slide door and not a 'swing open' type.

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9310

Class – D4 (connecting with 9312)

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Back Port

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet - no noise from connecting cabin

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Good view leaving Fort Lauderdale. View of ocean when docked at all other ports on Western route

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Long walk down hallway if coming from front elevators

Edited by khoff413
love seat rather than full size sofa in cabin

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9312

Class – D4 (connecting with 9310)

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Back Port

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet - no noise from connecting cabin

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Good view leaving Fort Lauderdale. View of ocean at all other ports on Western route.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Full size sofa in room - preference would be for cabin with bed near balcony. Quite a walk down hallway from front elevators.