Oasis cabin information-FOLLOW FORMAT PLEASE - No Questions/Discussion

kk99

Hi everyone,

Here's the updated list. http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pi...lZjYwNzU&pli=1

or if you can't open it click on the Oasis cabin attachment here http://sites.google.com/site/oasiscruisers/Home

I really appreciate everyone's efforts who have taken the time to post. If you've cruised Oasis and haven't listed your cabin information, please take a few minutes and add to the list.

Thanks for all of the help in catching corrections and revisions. Have a great week.

Kelcie

I have already posted on my room, but I just remembered I should probably post on my parents' room as well...

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 696

Class – Oceanview balcony

Port side forward - Starboard aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin? - Yes

Balcony View - Good view of ports in St. Thomas and St. Maarten

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Other comments? Great location, relatively close to aft elevators

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 12240

Class – Royal Suite

Port side forward - Port-mid ship

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Master Bedroom near bath and balcony (and sitting area). Second bed in living room.

Quiet Cabin? - Yes

Balcony View - Good

Balcony Size? Quite large. Dining size table, loungers, jetted jacuzzi tub off living room

Was wind a problem? No

Other comments? Great cabin :). The piano and library were likely a bit much, but a nice touch nonetheless. Plenty of room. 2 bathrooms are a big plus. Main bathroom has large shower, jetted tub, dual sinks. Couldn't have been better.

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6282

Class – D4

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk -

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Back Port. Bed near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting cabin, only heard voices once.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Great view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Soot on balcony handrail last day or so of cruise

Any other comments?

Hi everyone,

or if you can't open it click on the Oasis cabin attachment here http://sites.google.com/site/oasiscruisers/Home

I really appreciate everyone's efforts who have taken the time to post. If you've cruised Oasis and haven't listed your cabin information, please take a few minutes and add to the list.

Thanks for all of the help in catching corrections and revisions. Have a great week.

Kelcie

Hi. Just wanted to let you know you made an error when transferring info to the main list. Cabin 9310 connects with 9312 (not 9132). Also, I posted the info for Cabin 9312 which you did not transfer to the main list.

Thanks for all your efforts with this. It's a great resource!

Deck - 14

Cabin # - 576

Class – D2

Front Starboard

Bed near balcony

Connecting cabin to 574

Noisy Cabin - at 5am, 6am, and 8:30am on consecutive days, we were shaken awake by what sounded like a giant rubber mallet striking the ship (or for you LOTR fans, the echoing boom that came from within the caves of Moria after Pippin disturbs the well. :) - Cabin attendant heard and felt it in the hallway. But of course stopped soon as maintenance arrived. Never was resolved.

Balcony View - fine. Starboard gives best view of Labadee, Costa Maya & Labadee.

Balcony Size = normal D2

Was wind a problem? - Yes, as with our previous D1 on port side, the wind howls. Couldn't sneak onto balcony late night since sliding balcony door shut creates incredible whistling noise and cracking open further turns room into sauna in seconds.

Any specific problems with this cabin? A/C is very sluggish compared to connecting cabin 574. Takes a long time to re-cool cabin if balcony is left open for more than a couple seconds. Also, shower head holder is broken. Maintenance "fixed" but it is still not secure - watch out below!

Any other comments? Perfect location for Adventure Ocean.

====

Deck - 14

Cabin # - 574

Class – D2

Front Starboard

Bed near bathroom

Connecting cabin to 576

Noisy Cabin - somewhat noisy. See comments on Room 14-576 but less volume.

Balcony View - fine. Starboard gives best view of Labadee, Costa Maya & Labadee.

Balcony Size = normal D2

Was wind a problem? - Yes, same issues as 14-576.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No.

Any other comments? Perfect location for Adventure Ocean.

Hi everyone,

I really appreciate everyone's efforts who have taken the time to post. If you've cruised Oasis and haven't listed your cabin information, please take a few minutes and add to the list. Kat, thanks for telling me that I missed a cabin. I'd love to see lots more posts about the cabins. It is really helpful to everyone to know the good and the not so good about each cabin.

Kelcie

Cabin- 11728, Deck- 11 aft. Quite location, bed by balcony door, great room steward. The hall had that very bad smell which got worse the further aft you went. If the smells are fixed, I would book this cabin again.

I have a room very close to the public balcony on Deck 11 ... am I going to hear alot of noise (doors opening/closing/voices/partying) from people who use that balcony? And what the odor problem on this deck fixed?

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 624

Class – D5

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - MID STARBOARD

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –BALCONY

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – VERY QUIET

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– YOU COULD SEE FOREVER

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - NORMAL SIZE

Was wind a problem? ONLY FIRST DAY OF CRUISE, AFTER THAT PERFECT

Any specific problems with this cabin? NONE

Any other comments?

The people in the next cabin were all chain smokers and were always outside. We were unable to really enjoy our balcony. Only sat outside one time!

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7592

Class – D1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments?

Hi everyone,

I really appreciate everyone's efforts who have taken the time to post. If you've cruised Oasis and haven't listed your cabin information, please take a few minutes and add to the list. Kat, thanks for telling me that I missed a cabin. I'd love to see lots more posts about the cabins. It is really helpful to everyone to know the good and the not so good about each cabin.

Kelcie

DECK 11

CABIN Number 694

Class D 3

Starboard AFT

Bed near the closet

Quiet Cabin - Connecting Cabin, non-issue and there was a baby next door! The only thing we heard on occasion was someone trying to open the door between the cabins, presumably the baby?

Balcony was the standard size and view, the plexiglass dividers between the cabins do have a tendency to rattle and there was no wind issue

One issue with this cabin... hopefully it is resolved by now. On Friday a small intermittent drip developed from overhead... over the bed. Hit my husband in the chest when he was laying down. Reporting it to maintenance, guest services and the cabin steward resulted in no action being taken... making that side of the bed unusable for our last night... Fortunately the beds together are closer to a King than a queen... and we had to share the other side for one night!

Hi everyone,

I'm on a cruise this week, so I'll catch up the thread when I return next Sunday. Thanks to everyone for posting, and please if you haven't listed your computer information, please do so. Have a great week!

Kelcie

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9674

Class – D4

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Back Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bed near bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting) No problems with noise at all.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– No obstruction, great privacy, great to see ports while docked

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Air was not cold, we brought a fan and it worked great

Any other comments? 10-15 steps on elevators and easy access to all entertainment venues, except Opal Theatre.

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6600

Class – D1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Starboard

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Great CLEAR view from the balcony.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized. Extended out from the ship far enough that the cabin steward was able to give us 2 lounge chairs that fit with the regular table and 2 chairs -- wonderful!!

Was wind a problem? No. There was an annoying whistle when the balcony door was not locked.

Any specific problems with this cabin? One of the reading lights kept blinking -- it was reported several times but was never fixed because it never blinked when maintenance personnel showed up. They didn't offer to change the bulb -- duh!

Any other comments?

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 324

Class – D3

Aft Port Exterior Balcony

Bed near? Main Bed near bath, couch bed near balcony

Quiet Cabin ? – Yes

Balcony View - Great

Balcony Size? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? See Comments

Any other comments? Slight sewer odor in hall and from bath sink when in use. Neither worth worrying about. Excellent location near end of the hall by "secret balcony" overlooking aft entertainment. Cabin location requires a lot of walking.

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8586

Class – D2

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Starboard middle

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath, pullout sofa near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting, no noise other than doors slamming

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Great views of all ports on Western intinerary

Was wind a problem? No, had clothes on chairs on balcony and none ever flew off. Opened cabin door once when balcony door was open and things really "flew" then though :0)

Any specific problems with this cabin? None, slight musty odor in corridor, not enough to even worry about

Any other comments?

Great access to Central Park. Dined at most of these venues daily so this was a big plus.

Deck - 6 Boardwalk

Cabin # - 6670

Class – D4 (i think)

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Starboard back

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bed near bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – connecting. never heard a peep from neighbors, and only once did we hear anything out in the hallway.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– no obstructions, no privacy issues.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? we left out wet clothes outside and they didn't blow away.

Any specific problems with this cabin? no, but in my opinion, just too small for 2 adults/2 kids!!

Any other comments? just found the cabin to be really small. bathroom was adequate. we utilized all the closet space and put luggage under the bed. just when the sofa was pulled out for nighttime, there was absolutely no room!! however, EXCELLENT location. loved the boardwalk aft area. we were on the right side for all the ports and right by the stairs. awesome location!!

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 10276

Class – D3

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Back Port, close to the aft staircase/elevators

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – near bath (triple cabin)

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– no problems, no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal size

Was wind a problem? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none

Any other comments? - quiet cabin in a great location, aft elevators are close to everything: Boardwalk, Royal Promenade, Central Park, Windjammer, MDR

steamboats

Deck: 6

Cabin: 6194

Class: D1

Bed: Near Balcony

Quiet Cabin: VERY Quiet

View: Perfect...if you look directly down you do see a bit of the lifeboat below but while sitting & lounging it was a perfect view.

Balcony Size: Oversized (double depth of regular balconies)

Wind: Calm as can be

Problems: None except in the middle of the night it took awhile sometimes for the flush to work on the toilet...but it always did....NEVER any sewer smell EVER.

Comments: We asked our steward to bring 2 loungers and he did the first day...plenty of room for the 2 loungers, the table & 2 chairs. The bed is very comfortable...we asked for a lighter blanket & for the steward to remove the heavy one...he did & it was more pleasant. NO issues with the A/C, it worked perfectly....remember to always lock the slider when you come back in the room because the A/C is designed to cut off till you lock it. Now with that said it never got too warm when we were on the deck....we did pull the drapes on the return back to FLA because in the afternoon the sun does beat in & can warm things.

VERY IMPORTANT: Never shut off the main switch...it shuts off all the electric including the A/C....it is near the bathroom.

Edited by Sharonbel

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 620

Class – D5

Mid Ship Starboard

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Great CLEAR view from the balcony.

Was wind a problem? No. There was an annoying whistle when the balcony door was not locked.

Any specific problems with this cabin? LCD on phone hard to see. No instructions in cabin on how to operate.

Any other comments? This cabin is located across from steward supply cabin, however, very quiet day & night. The bed linens, duvet cover & mattresses are great. Makes for a comfortable nights sleep!

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 10253

Class –C2

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Central Park

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue–

Lovely view overlooking Rising Tide Bar

Was wind a problem? NO

Any specific problems with this cabin? NO

Any other comments? NO

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 10253

Class –C2

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Central Park

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue–

Lovely view overlooking Rising Tide Bar

Was wind a problem? NO

Any specific problems with this cabin? NO

Any other comments? NO

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 162 and 164

Class – D4 (adjoining balcony cabins)

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – In 162, the bed was closer to the balcony. In 164, it was closer to the bathroom.

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting cabins. Both were extremely quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Opened up the balcony divider between the two cabins for a wonderfully large space. Each contained a table and two chairs. Wonderful unobstructed view.

Balcony Size? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Do agree with previous poster that the LCD on phone was hard to see. Husband had problems with temperature regulation of shower.

Any other comments? Wonderful location near stairs and elevators; heard no noise whatsoever. Besides the rooms being adjoined by the balcony, we also had a door between the rooms (located by the bathrooms). The door opened into 6164. When closed, you didn't hear any noise from the cabin. Very quiet. Also, the sofa in 6164 was larger than the one in 6162. Liked having the bed closer to the balcony (6162) with more space available near the closet. It is reversed in 6164. Wonderful cabin steward (Pat).