Oasis cabin information-FOLLOW FORMAT PLEASE - No Questions/Discussion

kk99

Deck: 12

Cabin # : 12699 and 12701

Class: Boardwalk balconies with a connecting door between our two rooms. Not sure what class sorry, but just your average balcony sized room.

Bed near: 12699 near the balcony and 12701 near the bathroom

Quiet cabin? : The cabin was moderately quiet. There was activity on the sports deck during the day and on the boardwalk with the family fun festivals that occurred the three sea days from 11am-ish til 1pm-ish. When the balcony doors were closed this noise was pretty well muffled out. I stayed in 12699 which had the bed by the balcony. On Day 2, late at night there was a pool party and that could be heard even with the balcony doors closed but even though were I live it is extremely quiet, I was still able to fall asleep. Was so tired by the end of the day. New Years Eve was a little louder though and it did take about ten-fifteen minutes for me to fall asleep. Dazzles was on a lower deck to the right of our rooms, but I don't believe I heard much noise from there.

Wind was never a problem.

No problems with the cabin, except that Adventure Ocean was on the other end of the ship one deck up. Sometimes we walked the whole length of deck 12 which was all staterooms. Sometimes we went down to deck 8 (Cental Park) or deck 5 (Royal Promenade) and walked through those neighborhoods to the forward elevators for deck 14.

Boardwalk, Main Dining Room, Windjammer are on the aft side. Going to the Opal Theater and Entertainment Place on Deck 4 required getting to the forward part of the ship as well.

Loved the location except for when it came time to go to Adventure Ocean. Loved being above the boardwalk. Just about right above the carousel. Our balcony was on the same side as Johnny Rockets which we could look down and see. We were probably right above the candy store. Opposite our balcony was the Pets at Sea store and a little further down, we could see the Seafood Shack. Had a nice view of the aquatheater and the sea off in the distance. Could enjoy the aquatheater show from our balcony. Could also see the zip liners coming in for a landing two decks above us on the sports deck. The Aft elevators weren't too far away. I don't have pictures uploaded yet but when I do I will post them.

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9729

Class – B1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Boardwalk, aft, starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet with balcony door closed. Very little ambient sounds from Boardwalk

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Excellent view of Aqua Theater and aft ocean views. Watched the shows here with no problems!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for class, but smaller than D1

Was wind a problem? NO

Any specific problems with this cabin? I would prefer the couch next to the closet. It was nearly impossible to get things in and out of closet with the bed next to it. Limited storage space. Tiny counter space. Poor electrical plug location

Any other comments?

Thanks, and I can't wait to be on her in September 2010 with all of my Cruise Critic friends.

Hello Rob, you are going in October not September:confused: :D LOL

I am still looking for Cabin 10600 D1:eek:

Carol:)

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 12199 / 12201

Class –

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Central Park balcony

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – 12199 -> bed near bath / 12201 bed near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – yes, connecting cabins. we had door open to go back and forth, but it was quite as far as central park is concerned.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Central park. nice view for people watching.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? 12199 has a whistle noise because balcony door wouldn't close tight, but maintenance fixed it and A/C broke one day in 12201 but again, maintenance fixed it.

Any other comments?

Deck - 10

# - 10138

Class - D7

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Front Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – quiet, as long as you don´t have rude neighbours...

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– great view, no life boats under the balcony, straight view to the sea

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem?no

Any specific problems with this cabin? The closet door would not keep shut, they could not fix it while we were on board. It would open by itself.

Any other comments? Great location for many things to do on board.

• Administrators

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 666

Class – D4 Triple w/ foldout couch

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Back Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – If people were yelling near the stairwell/elevators, you could hear them. No other crew areas nearby created noise.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Ocean view balcony, no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Although it doesn't appear that way on the printed deck plans, the CABIN is directly across from the access to the stairs/elevator area. The deck plan shows you having to walk a bit once you turn the corner-- not so. The door to your cabin is in clear view from the elevator/stairs.

However, I always choose cabins on Voyager/Freedom/ and now Oasis class ships directly at the aft elevators. The location is perfect; although I'd choose to move two cabins forward or aft next time. Used Central Park (Deck 8) to travel forward instead of long boring stateroom hallways.

Sorry, I do NOT like the closet near the bed setup. It is annoying and tight to have to manuever around the bed corners, especially when the beds are separated.

Any other comments?

Hope this helps someone!

Deck - 14

Cabin # - 278

Class – D6

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Back Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No. There was an intermittant (every 15-30 minutes or so) "mechanical banging" noise coming from the outside of the cabin. It could be heard in the cabin even with closed balcony doors. The noise lasted throughout the whole trip.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Ocean view balcony. There was a minor obstruction. A metal support structure on the left side of the balcony obstructed views when looking toward the rear of the ship. You can see the metal support structure from exterior pics of the ship. There are several metal supports that run from the 14th floor to up to the 15th floor toward the back of the ship.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? See comments above. I would avoid this room.

Edited by guitars&cars

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 11217

Class – C2

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Central Park

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – VERY NOISY, lots of noise from central park below (i.e., those awful bagpipes every night at 5:00 p.m.), lots of noise from pool above (i.e., the steel drum band), balcony door is NOT soundproof at all

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– right next to the living wall

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - TINY

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? TINY cabin, TINY bathroom, TINY balcony, hardly any storage, very few drawers, very few shelves

Any other comments?

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 729

Class – B1 Boardwalk View Stateroom with Balcony

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Boardwalk

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No. During shows at the Aquatheater, you could hear everything. We were outside watching most of the shows, so it wasn't a problem for us.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Boardwalk view balcony, THE best views of anything going on at the Aquatheater. This room is at the very back of the ship. Couldn't here anything going on at the rock climbing wall, just the shows at night. If you stay up for the night shows (late) you wouldn't mind the shows/music at night

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Noise from the Aquatheater, if you go to bed early. (no problem for us)

I liked the fact that no one was walking passed my door unless it was the people in the Aquatheater suite.

I do NOT like the closet near the bed setup. I would have preferred the couch near the closet, even though that would put the bed close to the balcony door.

Any other comments?

Wish I were still on the ship :(

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 11236

Class – JS

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Mid ship Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Couch near balcony, bed near bathroom

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Excellant location

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Larger balcony because of hump cabin

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No, other than the poor outlet location

Any other comments? Loved the cabin, size, location near the concierge, would book same cabin again.

Deck - 14

Cabin # - 14610

Class – D2

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Front/Mid Starboard

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – For the most part, but one night there was a very late night pool party (deck 15 above us). Fortunately my family was so tired it ended up not bothering us, but I am a light sleeper and normally that would be a problem. Also, on the second or third night, I heard what I thought were drums from latin music around 12am. I assumed it was Boleros, but was told it cold have been Dazzles. Was slighty annoying, but never heard it again after that night.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Great view at sea, view of island at St. Thomas, view of ship at St. Martin, view of ship at Nassau. Was told cannot count on port/starboard sides for view as the ship doesn't always dock in the same direction.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Balcony size was standard, and I thought great.

Was wind a problem? No, except for a minor howling that comes from the inability to lock the door from the balcony, which causes wind to whistle throught the door into the cabin.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No cabin specific problems. We liked it and booked 2 more cruises near this cabin area.

Any other comments? I liked deck 14. Quick access to the pools and kids club. Also, the deck was very calm and quiet. I never saw more than a few pax in the hallways.

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 329

Class – B1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Boardwalk Portside... last cabin to the aft.

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Others have noted that when you close the balcony door that noise is not an issue. I would disagree. I prefer a very quiet cabin. The ambient noise from the Boardwalk was enough to make me wish I would have selected an outside balcony. The late shows in the Aqua-theater were very loud coming into the cabin with balcony door closed. The Oasis of Dreams show is only about 30 minutes in length so everything quieted down after 11:00pm.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– The view of the Aqua-Theater was very nice. Also the general view of the Boardwalk was nice to have to people watch. Remember to close your drapes... rooms across the Boardwalk can see directly into your room.

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Some have noted that the cabin feels smaller. If it is smaller, it's not by much. The bathroom sink bowl is more of a sink 'dish'. It's shallow. The closet does take getting use to, but was not a big issue. One thing that was nice is that there is a dim light in the bathroom light fixture that acts like a night light.

Edited by LidoBoy

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 314

Class – D8

Back Starboard

Bed near? balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Great Room

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Great view of the ocean

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? no

Any other comments?

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8715

Class – B2

Back Starboard, Boardwalk -

Bed near?(balcony ) –

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Connecting for sure to 8717; quiet with slider closed

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– View directly across from Seafood Shack; right merry-go-round, etc.; left water and aqua area. Some obstruction, but not bad for view shows.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem? No, will get wet in rain.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Moved coffee table to side of couch for more floor area.

Any other comments? I believe bed is better near balcony; but that's preference.

Deck: 12

Cabin #: 598

Class: D1

Starboard Hump

Bed near: Bathroom

Quiet Cabin: very quiet

Balcony view: great, forward and aft as it's a center hump. I still love the never-ending ocean view

Balcony size: oversized, 80 square feet. We had table, 2 chairs and lounger

Wind?: No problem

No problems with the cabin. It is tight quarters and I would prefer the bed near the balcony, but we LOVED it!

Comments: If you have a D1, don't hesitate to request a lounger for the balcony. I lived out there :D

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8536

Class –

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk -

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Front Starboard

Quiet Cabin - could not hear anything in the cabin except the occasional door closing in the hallway.

Balcony View - Nothing obstructed our view at all. Our balcony was located almost directly under the bridge. You will have nice views in St. Thomas when in port. In St. Marteen and the Bahamas we faced other ships.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - It was a normal size balcony.

Was wind a problem? - Wind was not a factor. Just make sure you close your balcony door tightly otherwise you will hear the wind very loudly.

Any specific problems with this cabin? If the beds are seperated you have to climb over one of them to get onto the balcony.

Any other comments? Overall the cabin was fine. It was a little small, but you will get used to it. I managed around the cabin on crutches, and even parked my electric scooter inside one night, and still had room to move around.

Hope this helped!!

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 585

Class – C2

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Central Park Balcony, towards the front

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Middle between bath and balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– View of Central Park, Park Cafe, Front end of CP

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments?More storage area than other ships, lots of places behind doors around desk

Hi everyone,

Here's the updated list. http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pi...lZjYwNzU&pli=1

or if you can't open it click on the Oasis cabin attachment here http://sites.google.com/site/oasiscruisers/Home

I really appreciate everyone's efforts who have taken the time to post. If you've cruised Oasis and haven't listed your cabin information, please take a few minutes and add to the list. I'd love to get to 30 pages by the time I sail in September,

Kelcie

Great cruise, great ship, great everything!

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9264

Class – D7

Back Port Balcony

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – nearest to bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – none - great location, steps away from the stairs/elevators

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– no issues

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - balconies are smaller than on Liberty or Mariner or Indy

Was wind a problem? Wind was often a problem EVERYWHERE, especially on the pool decks. Balcony had some wind on each day.

Any specific problems with this cabin? NO soap dish area in any of the bathrooms, pillows are the pits!

Any other comments?

Anyone who picked this ship--you made a great decision!

Deck--9

Cabin--9153

Class L--Larger Inside

Front Port--right by forward stairs

Bed location--this is an inside cabin where the couch is next to closet and bed headboard is along back wall, not next to the couch (in other words, when you walk in the cabin, you are facing the foot of the bed.

Quiet cabin for the most part. It connected to another cabin and I heard them maybe two times. Other side of cabin backed onto crew stairwell and across from that was an elevator. When they brought up luggage we heard some banging around but nothing to cause complaint.

Obviously wind was not an issue nor do I have a balcony to report on!

This was a great cabin for an inside. Laid out well, lots of space to move around in. Right near the forward stairs; one quick flight down and I was right in Central Park. We always crossed through the ship either through there or the promenade, not through a deck of cabins, seemed much shorter.