Oasis cabin information-FOLLOW FORMAT PLEASE - No Questions/Discussion

kk99

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9506

Class – F

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Front, as in overlooking the bow

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – center of room

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very noisy cabin. Heard every toilet flush from above. Also had an almost constant banging noise when the seas were ~7 feet or more. This was a connecting cabin and I also heard the neighbors door slam often.

Balcony View - No balcony. Standard outside cabin.

Balcony Size? N/A

Was wind a problem? Actually, there was quite a bit of wind noise from the window area one night.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Safe was not bolted down or otherwise secured. I slid it out of the closet. I could have taken it home with me if I was a crook.

Any other comments? The cabin door didn't close and lock without my having to pull or push it all the way closed. Neighbors in other cabins and also a couple in a lower deck below me complained of the same noise issues. Avoid any of the forward facing cabins.

Deck-9

Cabin-9244

Class- RFS

Center Port

Bed- 2 separate bedrooms 1 with master bath attached which was spacious, Second bedroom also had two pull down berths. Very small room.

Quiet Cabin- Very quiet, except for typical creaks and the vacuum toilets.

Balcony View- Outstanding! Balcony bows out so you can see forward and aft w/o much trouble.

Balcony Size- Very large, round table with four chairs 2 loungers and a small table. We did not trip over one another. Can be accessed from Master Bedroom or living room.

Wind- Not much of a problem at all.

Cabin problems- Door did not latch and required adjustment, glass shower leaked at the gasket and hinge, 1 phone in room not hooked up, second bedroom had very little space at the bottom of the bed, and Master bedroom was the same. You need to side step to pass the bottom of the bed and the wall with the LCD TV. Bathtub had very little headroom when showering. My wife and I are both 5'7" and had hit the ceiling when washing our hair.

Deck 6

Cabin # - 6596

Class – D1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - FRONT/MIDSHIP

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – YES &NO PROBS. BUT SMALLER THAN USUAL D1s.

Balcony View - GOOD SEA VIEW. SEE ABOUT 15% of LIFEBOAT IMMEDIATLY BELOW. NO OBSTRUCTION AND NEARER SEA THAN HIGHER CABINS.

Balcony Size? 2X THE SIZE OF NORMAL D1S, AND SQ IN SHAPE. LOTS OF SHADE TO WARDS THE CABIN DOORS DUE TO OVERHANG.

Was wind a problem? NO

Any specific problems with this cabin? JUST SMALLER AND LIMITED DRAWER CLOSET SPACE. SMALL SAFE FOR SUCH A LARGE SHIP!!!!!

Any other comments? MOST COMFY BED SLEPT IN ON CRUISE SHIP.

Deck - 11

Cabin # - 11600

Class – D1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Fwd. Hump Stb.

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Clear View fwd. to aft.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – Oversized

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? smaller than D1’s on other ships, very little storage, electrical outlets tucked under desk tough on the knees, bed was very comfortable and we had a light on the balcony. Muster Station was D3 Studio B

Hi Kelcie....met you on the Equinox Nov. 23rd sailing. Wasn't it a great ship and loved all the Elite perks. Hope you got off before all the departure problems began....we were lucky and had no problems but it sounds like many weren't so lucky. Think I told you we are doing a family cruise on the Oasis August 7th...we have a balconies over looking Central Park....hopefully all the "kinks" will be gone. Hope you have a nice holiday and enjoy your Sept cruise.....Nancy (70, white hair and walk with a cane) & Bill

Thanks to everyone for posting. Please keep reporting as it is very helpful for all of us. Hi Nancy and Bill, yes we had disembark problems but no worries, had a great cruise as always.

Here's the updated list http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU&pli=1

If for some reason that link won't work for you then go here and click on the oasis cabin attachment

Kelcie http://sites.google.com/site/oasiscruisers/Home

:(I'm sorry for my post 16. In the cabin information list posting for 9218 is wrong. I have not gone yet on my OASIS cruise. I was looking for information on cabin 9218 as far as bed placement. I want to make sure the sleepsofa won't be by the bathroom. Sorry for the mixup.:(

Deck 12

Cabin # - 12196

Class – D1

Midship

Bed near–Bathroom (together)

Quiet Cabin - YES. Did hear music from next door but not loud and never conversation.

Balcony View - Great view. No obstruction.

Balcony Size - As noted in specs 80 sq ft. Larger than needed really.

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Highly disagree with comments about limited space. It is "different" but we found it plenty for 3 people, including hangers and much more space in bathroom with the shelves. I can see where closet location may be a problem if beds were apart. It is a bit tight but how often do you really get into it? GREAT location for Adventure Ocean. One deck down and still midship.

Edited by Grandeur

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 616

Class – D1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - mid starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bed near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

very quiet, balcony door was very soundproof when locked.

not connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue–

very private, but neighbours could peer around the balcony dividers if they wanted. one deck above the lifeboats, so when looking down you see half the lifeboat right below, which wasn't an issue for me.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

normal, two chairs and a table

Was wind a problem?

wind wasn't a problem, but did whistle in the door if it wasn't locked.

Any specific problems with this cabin?

stateroom attendant was donna, and she was great.

i didn't find the plugs under the desk to be a problem at all. plugged my computer in and left it plugged in for the cruise. you do have to kind of kneel on the floor to get the plug in, but i think it's better than having a big adapter and cords eating up desk space.

shower was nice, but don't lift your knee up where the plumbing is. i banged my knee on it and got a small cut.

Any other comments?

6616 is right in the centre one level above the promenade, so it's really convenient to get around. we only used the elevator to go up to the pool decks.

closets and drawers were more than enough space for two people. three might be a bit challenging.

interactive tv was really handy for seeing everything you scheduled.

we got the water package, which was eight pretty big bottles of evian. really good to have in the room, or take ashore. we finished them all. donna said we could take anything out of the minibar and put it on the shelf and fill the fridge with our stuff if we wanted to. don't eat the nuts, they're 12 dollars.

I noticed my cabin has not been added to the list, perhaps you missed it. The bed in this cabin is next to the balcony, which many people enjoy, so I thought I would post this again.

Thanks for keeping this list, it will be helpful to many cruisers!!!

Deck - 6

Cabin # - (6)688

Class – D8

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Aft Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– Life boat is located under cabin. This cabin is over the first lifeboat after the gap near midship. While you can not see the lifeboat when sitting on your cabin it does block your view of the water but only when looking straight down. Not a big deal.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? We thought this cabin, and Deck 6, were convenient to many things on the ship. We did have a light on our balcony but the switch was hidden by the drapes.

Thanks kk99 for your post and the work you did on the pdf file! It saved me from making a mistake! I just moved our reservation to 6668 (bed near balcony). BTW, I have an idea about making more room, short of asking them to come get the couch out, We are going to move the couch away from the wall and face the closet with the back of the couch alongside the bed, that way we'll have more room and when getting dressed sit on the couch facing the closet. We'll see if it works. I know the couch is not attached to the wall.

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 570

Class – D7

Front Starboard

Bed near – Bath

Quiet Cabin - Yes. There were unusual crashing & slamming noises that we never found out about even though we reported them.

Balcony View - Unobstructed, normal privacy.

Balcony Size? Normal.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None.

Any other comments? Found out that the sliding closets have a device that allows them to close automatically for the last 18 inches or so. Cabin is right near front elevators. Found out after we came home that to activate the "wake up" service on the phone you need to enter the 4 digit time (0800) and then 1 for AM or 2 for PM. We were only entering the 4 digit time.

Thanks to everyone for posting. Please keep reporting as it is very helpful for all of us. I'd love to see some posts on inside, handicap accessible and more suites as well as all of the balcony cabins. Here's the updated list

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU&pli=1

If for some reason that link won't work for you then go here and click on the oasis cabin attachment

http://sites.google.com/site/oasiscruisers/Home

Kelcie

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 600

Class – D1

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port,

Central Park, or Boardwalk - Front Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Near balcony

Quiet Cabin – Quiet

Balcony View - Great view. Looking straight down on lifeboats, but since it is a hump cabin and higher up they really did not obstruct view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - If I remember correctly, it was larger than Freedom D1. There was room enough to put a lounger although we didn't bother with one.

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Closet wasn't too hard to get to. There were sliding doors and it wasn't as convenient to get to the left side of the closet as it was the right, but overall no big deal. I wouldn't hesitate to book this cabin again. Neighbors were a little loud but you could only hear them when they were on their balcony. Luckily, each occurence was short lived. Make sure you know where you're going when you leave your room. It will save on walking because it was a longer trip to the aft elevators than it was the forward. Docked starboard in St. Thomas and Nassau. Port side in St. Maarten.

Deck - 6 (Boardwalk)

Cabin # - 6668 (right next to the aft elevators and stairs on the Starboard side)

Class – D8

Front Starboard, Front Port, Back Starboard, Back Port, Central Park, or Boardwalk - Ocean View balcony, located right by the aft elevators and staircase on the Starboard side.

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet cabin, couldn't hear anyone walking by even though this cabin is right by the stairs and everyone has to walk past it to get to their cabin if they are in the same hallway.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions or privacy was an issue– No obstructions, no privacy concerns.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Door Opens Out into the hallway (note, many cabins on the Oasis are like this. It was awkward at first, but I got used to it. I still prefer doors that swing into the cabin.

Any other comments? Closet is hard to get things in and out of since it is right next to the sofa. This would be a problem in most rooms on the Oasis since that is just how the cabins are layed out now.

I noticed my cabin has not been added to the list, perhaps you missed it. The bed in this cabin is next to the balcony, which many people enjoy, so I thought I would post this again.

Thanks for keeping this list, it will be helpful to many cruisers!!!

Thanks for keeping the list however I am still wanting to correct the list and add one more option for the cabins with the beds by the balcony.

Our cabin (as listed in posts #22 and #37) was #6688 not 6668, as was listed by someone else in post #17.

Deck -14 (outside balcony)

Cabin # - 14706

Class – D6

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin but early every morning heard banging sound, never did find out what it was/

Balcony View - – No obstructions, no privacy concerns.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? Door Opens Out into the hallway

Deck -12

Cabin # -12696 connected to 12694 (Connecting door was in hallway across from the bathroom door.)

Class –D3

Back Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –696 has bed near balcony/694 has bed near bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet..had baby in connecting cabin and it was very hard to hear her with the door closed

Balcony View - no obstruction–

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? No problem. Nice overhang protected us even during a heavy rainstorm

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Deck 8

Foward/Starboard

Bed near balcony

normal view on balcony...no wind

closet in odd place but manageable

nice large TV with live Fox news

close to elevators

easy walk out to Central Park

easy to eat or get coffee at Central Park Cafe

Bathroom- great shower a lot of hot water available

no indentation to put a bar of soap near sink

dimmer in bathroom...acts like a night light

no outlets in bathroom except one for a shaver

plenty of hangers in closet

nice comfortable bed

don't lock yourself on balcony!

Hi everyone,

Here's the updated list. http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxvYXNpc2NydWlzZXJzfGd4OjY0OTEwNDNhZTJlZjYwNzU

or if you can't open it click on the Oasis cabin attachment here http://sites.google.com/site/oasiscruisers/Home

Juneforreal, please post which cabin number you had so I can add it to the list. I appreciate everyone keeping the cabins coming.

Kelcie

Kelcie, just wanted to say thanks for this web site. We will be on Oasis in March , 11327 , and hoping someone will list it with you. This is a lot of work and I appreciate your effort here.

Thanks again

Steve