Question about Luggage Tags

Amor de Madre

Quick question for all. Celebrity gave me the option to select for the delivery of the cruise papers by mail or email. I chose email and receive them in a PDF format. They tell me there that for my Luggage tags I should find them in the port and fill them base on an example they gave me in the document.

In the past I always received the tags by mail already done or fill which reduces the hassle of filling tags in port.

Because normally the first thing when arriving to port as we getting off the car is to give our luggage to the people handling them, I don't know how much of a hassle will be to go and find tags and fill them there, etc.

Any body has gone this way in the past and has any experience to share regarding the process??. Any comments regarding chossing to get the cruise papers by mail or email (PDF format).

Thanks in advance.

Franco

Quick question for all. Celebrity gave me the option to select for the delivery of the cruise papers by mail or email. I chose email and receive them in a PDF format. They tell me there that for my Luggage tags I should find them in the port and fill them base on an example they gave me in the document.

In the past I always received the tags by mail already done or fill which reduces the hassle of filling tags in port.

Because normally the first thing when arriving to port as we getting off the car is to give our luggage to the people handling them, I don't know how much of a hassle will be to go and find tags and fill them there, etc.

Any body has gone this way in the past and has any experience to share regarding the process??. Any comments regarding chossing to get the cruise papers by mail or email (PDF format).

Thanks in advance.

Franco

Below thread might answer some of your questions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1091558

I always request real baggage tags. Once I booked a cruise very late and had "pier pickup" of my documents. At the baggage area it was very crowded and hectic. Yes they had extra tags, but it was not a pleasant experience. Even if you get Electronic docs, you can request real luggage tags.

On our last cruise out of Ft Lauderdale we had e tickets, no tags. We got to the port about 11:15 and there were no tags available. The porters were still working to get the disembarking passengers out of the port. We got tags about 15 minutes after we arrived.

Knowing that we would be completing tags at the port, I brought along a marker so that the cabin number would be very legible. Delivery to the cabin was about normal.

We have used e docs and picked up the luggage tags at the pier. All the porters have tags and it only takes a few min to fill out the information. I also copied the page of the e docs with the luggage tags, cut out the tags and using double stick tape made my own tags to put on the bags.

Thanks in advance.

Franco

I'm in the exact same situation as you. I got all my documents in pdf format with a sample name tag and told by everyone I called on how get real luggage tags that I can get them at the pier. I'm not happy about this.

I'm bring a black felt tip Sharpie permanent marker and will have my wife watch the luggage while I search out the person who has the luggage tags. Since we're going out of Civitavecchia, how do you say "Luggage Tags" in Italian?

I got all my documents in pdf format with a sample name tag and told by everyone I called on how get real luggage tags that I can get them at the pier. I'm not happy about this.

Just go to Celebrity's website under Online Check-In (under My Celebrity) and request luggage tags to be printed and mailed to you. Anyone who requested e-docs rather than paper docs can now request luggage tags online and Celebrity will mail them to you.

Just go to Celebrity's website under Online Check-In (under My Celebrity) and request luggage tags to be printed and mailed to you. Anyone who requested e-docs rather than paper docs can now request luggage tags online and Celebrity will mail them to you.

Did that -- didn't work. That might be the case for U.S. bookings, but not international bookings whether you live in the U.S. or not. That's probably the case with the original poster.

That doesn't work if you book through a travel agent. We asked our TA to request luggage tags.

We booked through a TA and still could request luggage tags online. Worked like a charm.

Did you book thru a U.S. TA or an international travel agent? That may be the difference. I booked thru a European TA in Germany, paid in Euro, and Celebrity in the U.S. could not even bring up my booking to make any changes. Last time I'll do that. We are Elite, and there is nothing on "My Celebrity" where I could request luggage tags. I'm happy it worked for you.

We leave on the 28th, so it's a mute issue for us. I'll download several copies of the sample luggage tag which has my stateroom number on it, add in my name, cut & paste, and tape it to my luggage with clear tape. Then when I get to the pier, I'll get additional luggage tags from the porters and fill in my info on them. So, that'll get me double tags, and hopefully I'll get my luggage on the ship.

Did you book thru a U.S. TA or an international travel agent? That may be the difference. I booked thru a European TA in Germany, paid in Euro, and Celebrity in the U.S. could not even bring up my booking to make any changes. Last time I'll do that. We are Elite, and there is nothing on "My Celebrity" where I could request luggage tags. I'm happy it worked for you.

We leave on the 28th, so it's a mute issue for us. I'll download several copies of the sample luggage tag which has my stateroom number on it, add in my name, cut & paste, and tape it to my luggage with clear tape. Then when I get to the pier, I'll get additional luggage tags from the porters and fill in my info on them. So, that'll get me double tags, and hopefully I'll get my luggage on the ship.

I'm planning to do the same thing if the tags don't show up before we leave. Enjoy your cruise

Archived