Todds English Please Explain

Cruishappy@aol.com

The food and service in QG will be suprerior to Todd English. AS the maitre d' told me if a guest takes one meal at Todd English he can understand. If he takes two he wants to know what he was doing wrong to make anyone want to forego a meal in QG.

Would some one explain more about Todds English Dining Would this be something that woould be included as an amenity to the QG dining? What is your experience and also your satisfication of dining there? Thank you fpr any responses

Todd English is an added cost dining option for all passengers. The cuisine is a bit more "hip" than the other dining venues. I have tried it and frankly I think the QG is as good, or better and there are always more choices than I have appetite for.

By way its named for the Boston Chef Todd English, so it not Todds English. It does not have any more "England" English food than the other dining venues on Cunard.

Best Mike

It's worth going at least once during your voyage. The food is fabulous, and the ambiance is very quiet and nice. You can have a very long, leisurely meal here.

And if you order anything... order the warm chocolate pudding for dessert. It wasn't just pudding as you might think... it is chocolate cake, chocolate pudding that tastes more like mousse, and chocolate icecream. It's a mixture of textures and temperatures, and is a party in your mouth! :)

It is a restaurant where you pay to dine - $20 for lunch and $30 for dinner.

There is no discount for QG and from what I have heard there is no advantage in the place if you are in QG.

Cunard World Club Diamond members get a free lunch here.

It isnt, it is for everyone who wants a different experience or change of scenery. I was once talking to a lovely couple from Manhattan who were in Queens grill and did not know they could eat in the Golden Lion pub for lunch and that it was complimentary.

Fred & Sian

It isnt, it is for everyone who wants a different experience or change of scenery. I was once talking to a lovely couple from Manhattan who were in Queens grill and did not know they could eat in the Golden Lion pub for lunch and that it was complimentary.

Fred & Sian

Lotus, the Asian restaurant, has a wonderful sampler menu during the a la carte night. It is also free and the buffet stations are walled off making for intimate subdued lighting dining.

The Carvery is less successful for the food which is not different enough from the main restaurants than for the atmosphere, and the Italian, more for the food than the atmosphere, as the serving station is kept open and visible for access to the first course.

The Golden lion Pub is my premier choice for lunch - and tables are readily available after 1:15pm, otherwise it can be full.

Ted

Hi Cruishappy,

Here is just another opinion about dinning for lunch in the Todd English Restaurant. Loretta and I have had six lunches there since our first voyage on the Queen Mary 2 in 2004. Being that we became Diamond members last year, our lunch there is now complimentary.

We both enjoy the service, the atmosphere, and the food presentation. If you are on a lengthy voyage, the variety of dinning in another restaurant offers you a change of scenery and adds more to your voyage experience.

We have always dined in the Britannia Restaurant, so we can not do a comparison with the Grills. I am sure that all of us when we return home do not dine in the same restaurant every time we go out to have lunch or dinner. So, give Todd English Restaurant a try, I do not think you will be disappointed. Chef Todd English puts a lot of time, care, and effort into his menus in all of his restaurants. He is most likely in the same status as the head chef for the Grills on the Queen Mary 2

Bon Appetite!!

Terrence

Lotus, the Asian restaurant, has a wonderful sampler menu during the a la carte night. It is also free and the buffet stations are walled off making for intimate subdued lighting dining.

The Carvery is less successful for the food which is not different enough from the main restaurants than for the atmosphere, and the Italian, more for the food than the atmosphere, as the serving station is kept open and visible for access to the first course.

The Golden lion Pub is my premier choice for lunch - and tables are readily available after 1:15pm, otherwise it can be full.

Ted

Hi Ted,

I enjoyed the four presentations you gave in Illuminations during the recent westbound crossing from November 11-17, on the Queen Mary 2.

As a subscriber to "Cruise Travel", I was so glad to finally meet you, get a photo, and listen to your interesting maritime background and knowledge.

My wife and I celebrated my birthday on the westbound crossing with our British friends in the Golden Lion Pub. We had the cottage pie and our friends had fish and chips. I agree with you that the Golden Lion Pub is a good choice for lunch from noon to 3 PM.

Terrence

Archived