Does Carnival let you

MOTHEROFONE

We will be traveling on Carnival with a 3 year old and I was wondering if they will let you bring water and juice boxes and prepackaged snacks on board. I would like to have a few things on hand for her since she is very picky eater.

Thanks in Advance:)

We're leaving this week with our DD whos 2.5 and I'm planning to take individually packaged gold fish, oreo's, mini-M&Ms, and a 10-pack of minuate maid apple juice boxes. I've read on here that other moms have done it. I think there are some issues with taking food off the ship in port. Any food taken from the ship into port has to be in a manufactured sealed package. No open containers, no zip bags of food, no fruits from the buffets. This is why we are bringing the individual packages so DD can have some snacks while we're in port. Hope this helps.

The first time we cruised (youngest was 4) we brought juice boxes with us without a problem. Once we found that apple juice was available all day on the Lido deck, we just brought a plastic cup with a lid. BTW, my middle son (now 13) is my picky eater, and he loves the food on the cruises.

If you are booked in a room that has a fridge, you can get take a larger bottle and fill it with juice in the morning - I know they have orange, apple and Pass-o-guava (yum) on CCL. You can also have them delivered to the room 24/7. At lunch, they switch to lemonade and tea. Also, a soda card will get you as much juice and punch from the bar as you can drink. So I really wouldn't worry about the expense and hastle of carrying juice on.

I try to bring pre-packaged snacks onboard each cruise. When my daughter was a toddler this included fruit snacks (those little packages) and juice boxes. There may be goodies provided by the ship (the waiters are often good about giving little kids saltines) but if there's something that's a must, bring it yourself just to be sure. If you're flying in to take a cruise, go in a day ahead (which I consider a requirement anyway) so you can do a little shopping.

The luckiest we've been with our picky eater is on our 15-day cruise on the Island Princess: she absolutely loved the pizza.

We're leaving this week with our DD whos 2.5 and I'm planning to take individually packaged gold fish, oreo's, mini-M&Ms, and a 10-pack of minuate maid apple juice boxes. I've read on here that other moms have done it. I think there are some issues with taking food off the ship in port. Any food taken from the ship into port has to be in a manufactured sealed package. No open containers, no zip bags of food, no fruits from the buffets. This is why we are bringing the individual packages so DD can have some snacks while we're in port. Hope this helps.

I'm bringing snacks for my ds, b/c he has food allergies, but everything will be handmade stuff, not pre-packaged (there are very few pre-packaged foods he can eat), is there an exception for people with allergies? I want to be able to bring SOMETHING for him in case we cant find anything he will be able to eat!

I'm bringing snacks for my ds, b/c he has food allergies, but everything will be handmade stuff, not pre-packaged (there are very few pre-packaged foods he can eat), is there an exception for people with allergies? I want to be able to bring SOMETHING for him in case we cant find anything he will be able to eat!

Just to add to boulders's response:

It's not just a cruise line rule, it's the law in most ports for exactly the reason boulders mentions. No exceptions are made for any reason. I know it will be hard, but you'll have to find pre-packaged sealed items if you want to bring food onboard and/or take food off the ship at ports.

beachchick

Agree, you won't be able to do this. People with allergies are common, and they can import just as many harmful pests as people without allergies. If you can't find the type of snacks he can eat locally, have you tried using the internet? There are so many more choices out there now, I would think you could find something acceptable.

Have you contacted the special needs department of the line you are cruising? While it may not be of help bringing on your handmade food, at least it will make them aware of your son's allergies. I'm sure they could help you in some way.

Good luck.

Miriam

Have you contacted the special needs department of the line you are cruising? While it may not be of help bringing on your handmade food, at least it will make them aware of your son's allergies. I'm sure they could help you in some way.

Good luck.

Miriam

I have tried contacting them but so far havent gotten through, I have also contacted the dining dept - Im going to try again tomorow.

I have only found 2 things he can have that are pre-packaged, Im going to try and get some before we travel (they are hard to find, and very expensive!), it will be better than nothing, but I guess we will have to re-think some of our plans b/c he probably will have a hard time finding foods he can eat at the ports! (he has lots of allergies including a rare 'ish' one that is in A LOT of things!)

I have tried contacting them but so far havent gotten through, I have also contacted the dining dept - Im going to try again tomorow.

I have only found 2 things he can have that are pre-packaged, Im going to try and get some before we travel (they are hard to find, and very expensive!), it will be better than nothing, but I guess we will have to re-think some of our plans b/c he probably will have a hard time finding foods he can eat at the ports! (he has lots of allergies including a rare 'ish' one that is in A LOT of things!)

Have you emailed the department? Although my issue is different than yours, I emailed the special needs dept and received a response within a few days. They have been very accomodating. Please keep trying, no matter the route you choose. It certainly sounds like they need to know!

Best of luck!

Miriam

Archived