what is with NCL pricing

magoo07

We re booked on a 14 day cruise on the Dawn and the total cost is $7769.92.

While looking at NCL's site, I noticed that I could book the same cruise in two segments at a cost of $2718.72 and $4990.18 for a total of $7708.90.

Seems like NCL penalizes you for booking the longer cruise. Seems like a rip-off to me!!

Hard for me to see that this is a rip off. Just the way it is. I bet if you check again, you might find exactly the opposite.

By the way, have not found that B2B are usually better pricing, but instead usually about the same.

We re booked on a 14 day cruise on the Dawn and the total cost is $7769.92.

While looking at NCL's site, I noticed that I could book the same cruise in two segments at a cost of $2718.72 and $4990.18 for a total of $7708.90.

Seems like NCL penalizes you for booking the longer cruise. Seems like a rip-off to me!!

A "rip off" for $60 when you are spending $7700??????????

$60 = 15-20 drinks :D

New math?

At $5 a drink, it would be 12 drinks. At closer to $8 a drink, that would be around 7-8 drinks.

Still a fair amount, but not hard to do - 2 with lunch, 2 mid afternoon, 2 before dinner, 2 glasses of wine with dinner, few at late show, nitecap.

Oh boy, I can hear Momma yelling now!

But, as mentioned before, this price is charged to ALL members of the group, for ALL days.

New math?

At $5 a drink, it would be 12 drinks. At closer to $8 a drink, that would be around 7-8 drinks.

Still a fair amount, but not hard to do - 2 with lunch, 2 mid afternoon, 2 before dinner, 2 glasses of wine with dinner, few at late show, nitecap.

Oh boy, I can hear Momma yelling now!

But, as mentioned before, this price is charged to ALL members of the group, for ALL days.

Yes, the math and pricing were off but they were only saying what $60 might buy. Don't think anyone was asking or talking about a group alcohol package. Got your threads mixed up?;):D

Yes, the math and pricing were off but they were only saying what $60 might buy. Don't think anyone was asking or talking about a group alcohol package. Got your threads mixed up?;):D

guess i was drinking too much

I told you Momma was gonna yell!

If Aussies read this posting, believe me, none of the American responses apply. We are from Brisbane, and when we sailed on NCL in June this year we were amazed ! Warning, this is nothing like sailing with P&O. We paid $4,000 for a fly/cruise that Americans paid $700 for (fly/cruise) . On the bright side (?) after a lot of traffic (and contradiction) on this site, we thankfully realised that gratuities have sensibly been built into AUD prices. As there is an extreme difference between Oz and US with tipping, I strongly advise all aussies to check (and clarify) that gratuities are included in your Australian prices. Thankfully, we discovered that this was the case for us. Believe me, I attracted a lot of negative responses on this site, when I dared to question the tipping requirements. Just accept that US and Oz have different traditions on this and make sure that your travel agent has included tipping in your fare.

We enjoyed the cruise but struggled with the differences between being an Aussie and sailing on a piece of "floating America". Before the Americans criticise, we really enjoyed our holiday, I'm, just trying to explain the differences to the aussies.

We were extremely mislead by our travel agent who told us that NCL (as the name implies) consisted of mostly Norwegian crew, 70% English passengers, 28% aussies passengers and 2% US passengers. This is not the case, about 5 officers and myself had scandinavian surnames, and I'm a 3rd generation Aussie. The majority of passengers are US. We enjoyed this as were at sea on the 4th July. The passengers from Dallas, Texas, were extremely friendly (God bless them) and Crocodile Dundee is their favourite movie. If Joanne and her male fellow congregationer travelling companion who was severely (and ashamadely) prejudiced against in St Petersburg for being black, happen to read this we have fond memories of sharing a lunch table with you on the 4th July. We hope you sent relevant correspondence to NCL regarding the horrific racism you encountered.

A Proud Aussie

Ann

Archived