B2B Cruise

I booked consecutive cruises on Monarch using the website this past summer. After the cruises were booked, I called Royal to get the cruises "linked" as consecutive cruises. After the cruises were linked, there was a $30 per person reduction on one of the cruises. The agent told me this was a reduction in taxes and fees due to the "linking" process.

I booked consecutive cruises on Monarch using the website this past summer. After the cruises were booked, I called Royal to get the cruises "linked" as consecutive cruises. After the cruises were linked, there was a $30 per person reduction on one of the cruises. The agent told me this was a reduction in taxes and fees due to the "linking" process.

Interesting...........our consecutive cruises priced out the same as if they were booked separately. Glad you got a little reduction. :)

Interesting...........our consecutive cruises priced out the same as if they were booked separately. Glad you got a little reduction. :)

Perhaps the reduction was specific to the particular itinerary, i.e, Nassau?

If you look at my signature I have done a few B2B's on RCCL. The next two are in a couple of days.

My B2B cruises, now called consecutive, have always been linked together with RCCL.

I have never received so much as a penny in discounts from RCCL on any of them. :confused:

Interesting fact about Clarea...I, like everyone else above this post, got nothing for doing a B2B.

HOWEVER, on day 1 of the second half of my cruise, I DID get a letter saying I was entitled to upgraded toiletries and a robe. When none appeared in my cabin, I asked Guest Relations and they had NOOOOO idea what I was talking about. I was like, "Okaaaaaay, this letter is in my cabin..." Just amazing how no one communicates.

So my steward brought us two robes but there were no upgraded toiletries, which was fine.

Totally unrelated to the above, I was also given a plate with fruit and brie, as well as a bottle of champagne. I love me some brie and the champagne made for FABULOUS mimosas on the last day.

:)

Questions about a b2b - are you usually able to book same room on both and if not, how much of a hassle is it?

Also, the reason we are looking at one is so we can have a visit day in the departure city (Stockholm) - can you get off the the ship early and spend the day touring and then return in time for sailing?

Questions about a b2b - are you usually able to book same room on both and if not, how much of a hassle is it?

Also, the reason we are looking at one is so we can have a visit day in the departure city (Stockholm) - can you get off the the ship early and spend the day touring and then return in time for sailing?

We have always booked the same cabin; you just have to book early enough. If you don't, you need to pack up things other than the hanging stuff. They will help you move. Yes you can tour on the turn around day.

Last year, they did give us a nice dining room lunch on turn around day and VIP tickets to the ice shows on the Independence.

Archived