Check in deadline

letsrun26

Hi Folks. We're on the Westerdam 12/6-13. What is the deadline for boarding the ship for her 5:00 departure? We've got family in Ft. Lauderdale that we'll be visiting, so we want to leave enough time for dropping off the rental car, getting to the ship, etc.

Thanks!

Depends on whether or not you fill out and print all your docs ahead of time, but we were on Westerdam last week and have cruised out of Port Everglades dozens of time - personally, I wouldn't try and board any later than 3:00pm.

Embarkation day is normally pretty busy. I'd plan on dropping off the rental car and getting a taxi to the ship by about 2:00pm.

But that is also the time many of the buses of pax from the airport arrive...

Thanks everyone. We're looking forward to a great week too. We have two daughters (13 & 11) who think they're going to be the only kids on the ship. Hopefully, not.

See you onboard!

You can always call HAL's Ship Services in Seattle and find out, but I think there will probably be other kids onboard. Enjoy. :)

I think the others may be missing the point of your question. Your documents will tell you that everyone needs to be on board a certain time in advance of sailing- I don't remember what it is, but think it is at least 60 minutes. However, another key time point is lifeboat drill, which for a 5pm sailing, is usually done at 4:15.

Hi Folks. We're on the Westerdam 12/6-13. What is the deadline for boarding the ship for her 5:00 departure? We've got family in Ft. Lauderdale that we'll be visiting, so we want to leave enough time for dropping off the rental car, getting to the ship, etc.

Thanks!

"at least 30 days prior" From Hollands web site. You have one of the best Captains in the fleet. Happy sailing Alsas

I think the others may be missing the point of your question. Your documents will tell you that everyone needs to be on board a certain time in advance of sailing- I don't remember what it is, but think it is at least 60 minutes. However, another key time point is lifeboat drill, which for a 5pm sailing, is usually done at 4:15.

What are we missing? I posted that he should probably plan on being aboard no later than 3:00pm.... and I think that's pushing it.

You are right in that the docs will specify, but I'd still leave room for error and plan on even earlier. You never know what traffic will be like at Port Everglades.

ekerr-

OP asked what time they could be on board at latest. You recommended 3 as the latest, and that is good common sense. But that isn't (IIRC) the latest according to HAL- I think it is 60 or 90 minutes in advance of sailing.

I agree- 3 pm is a appropriate time, but they could "legally" arrive later, and be OK.

Through a set of "Murphy's Laws" kind of happenings, I arrived at the dock/ship at 3:15 pm (for a 5 pm sailing). I was able to check in and be onboard and in my stateroom by 3:30 and ready for the muster drill at 4:15. I will NEVER EVER EVER cut it that close again but it can be done!! :eek: :eek:

Confusing.

Just received my documents from HAL. This is copied from them:

Guests must allow adequate time to transfer to the ship, please

arrive at least 3 hours prior to the ship's departure time.

I think you can get their latter but I would get their at least 2 hours prior to saling.

30 days?????:D

I made a mistake...I read the question wrong. It would be nice boarding 30 days before cruise BUT that is not going to happen. I thought the question was when can I check in ONLINE OOOOOPS. happy sailing Alsas

Archived