Freedom docked in Labadee today?

rolloman

We were there last Tuesday on the Liberty. There is no way that dock is ready for a ship this week.

According to the project manager who posts on this site it is.... so hopefully someone currently on the Freedom will verify.

Posted previously by Mimikens:

We signed off on the pier this weekend, and Freedom will be docking on Tuesday and Oasis on Thursday. There was never any intention of tendering at Labadee. If Labadee had not been ready, it would have gone to another port. But Labadee is ready.

Yes, it was by the skin of our teeth. We had the worst winter weather in Labadee. We had issues with concrete. The soils at the site are worse than nay published. So many things that could go wrong, did go wrong. The engineers and contractors worked through many nights, weekend, vacations etc. to make this happen.

Labadee is beautiful, and for those of you who have not been there in a while, you will be surprised at the changes. Hope you enjoy!

Not to be a negitve person, but any structure put up in a rush makes me a bit weary. Look at our Ted Williams Tunnel here in Boston...in haste they used an epoxy the wrong way to hold up slabs of concrete in the ceiling and a piece fell and crushed a woman a few years ago.

If they did do it to par, kudos to the men and women who worked many nights to get it done! Very impressive!

We won't be back on RCI till Feb 2011 but I am looking forward to walking off the ship. If it's going to fall down it will by then so thanks to all of you who will be testing it out before we get there. I guess one Oasis shipload should be a good test. ;) JUST KIDDING!!! I would gladly be the first one off if I could only be on a cruise ship. Nope, instead I believe I will be watching the snow fly tonight. :mad:

I am on FOS right at this very moment, and to answer everyone's question, Yes we did dock. The pier and everything was was in great shape. There wasn't any construction workers running around putting any finishing touches on anything. The only evidence of the project was the 3 barges and 1 tug-boat that were about a half a mile away. It was as if it was there and ready for quite sometime, but we all know differently. Pictures to come next week when I get home and up load them. :D:D:D

The only down side to the docking was that we docked on the inside of the pier, so there was a lot of manuevering of the thrusters, and it churned the water up pretty bad.

I am on FOS right at this very moment, and to answer everyone's question, Yes we did dock. The pier and everything was was in great shape. There wasn't any construction workers running around putting any finishing touches on anything. The only evidence of the project was the 3 barges and 1 tug-boat that were about a half a mile away. It was as if it was there and ready for quite sometime, but we all know differently. Pictures to come next week when I get home and up load them. :D:D:D

The only down side to the docking was that we docked on the inside of the pier, so there was a lot of manuevering of the thrusters, and it churned the water up pretty bad.

Thanks for clarifying. No better source than someone who is on the ship. I was there a month and a half ago and I said back then there was no way it was going to be ready. I was wrong.

Thanks for clarifying. No better source than someone who is on the ship. I was there a month and a half ago and I said back then there was no way it was going to be ready. I was wrong.

Hey - I was there 2 weeks ago and I never thought it would be finished for this week.

Hi -

I'm confused you are saying the Freedom in docked there today but isn't the Oasis

suppose to be Labadee today? Is there two (2) ships there today? The Oasis

is on the 4 night cruise and today they are scheduled to dock in Labadee but you

are saying you are on the Freedom right now and docked in Labadee. I'm confused where

is the Oasis then?

Dave

Hi -

I'm confused you are saying the Freedom in docked there today but isn't the Oasis

suppose to be Labadee today? Is there two (2) ships there today? The Oasis

is on the 4 night cruise and today they are scheduled to dock in Labadee but you

are saying you are on the Freedom right now and docked in Labadee. I'm confused where

is the Oasis then?

Dave

Dave, look at the date for the original post. It was from a few days ago.

I was just looking at the pics posted of Freedom docked in Labadee. I am not sure if my eyes are going on my but I believe that one of the pics show that all the Jet Skis and docking have moved up to the new pier area? We were there 3 weeks ago and it was down by the Aqua Park area and now it seems to have moved. Can anybody confirm this?

The liberty was docked on the other side of the pier as Oasis? So the dock kan handel ships at both sides. Makes RCCL plans to dock 2 ships at 1 day??

There was no other ship docked with Oasis at Labadee.....I do not believe that RCCL intends to have 2 ships docked at any one time....at least not Freedom Class or larger.

Archived