When Do Upsell Calls Come?

Ithocles

I'm down to less than two months away from my Liberty cruise. I couldn't be more excited. We did receive an upsell call for my first cruise, but I don't remember how far out we received it. For those of you visited by the Upsell Fairy, how far out did you receive your call?

Take care all.

Regards,

Danny

We got ours at 2pm on a Friday just before leaving for the airport for our Saturday morning cruise. $200 total to upgrade to a CAT 11 from a regular balcony, figured we were just about the bottom of the list to be called that late, we did take it because our cruise was only $599, so $699 for a suite was good..

Well I'm hoping that we get the call this Friday since we leave Saturday:D 13 cruises with Carnival and never a call so I'm not holding out much hope:(

I guess we were pretty lucky with Carnival. On our first cruise we got upgraded (before upsells) from an OV to our first balcony for free, now we can't sail without one. And the second was the upsell. But, the first cruise was the first week in December and the other September hurricane season, so I think the time frame had a lot to do with it. Don't expect an upsell call for our 12/12 Dream cruise because we have 2 adjoining cove cabins with our 3 grandkids ages 15,14, and 8, way too young to be anyplace for me except in an adjoining cabin.

I'm down to less than two months away from my Liberty cruise. I couldn't be more excited. We did receive an upsell call for my first cruise, but I don't remember how far out we received it. For those of you visited by the Upsell Fairy, how far out did you receive your call?

Take care all.

Regards,

Danny

I got a upsell call today (Tues am) and we cruise this Saturday on the Liberty. Did not take the upsell. It was an additional $170 (so $340) per person for larger size balcony cabin on the 8th deck?

• 1 month later...

My seventh Carnival cruise, third time taking my staff on a group cruise, third time I've booked thru Carnival. Got the upsell call yesterday (13 days before the cruise) from a cat 12 to owners suite. They must have heard about our crowd and thought it best to move us to a distant corner:D We consider ourselves lucky and will enjoy using the space as a gathering place.

In my case--never.

Five Carnival cruises and I've never received an upsell call. I'm not sure what the criteria is to receive one, but I apparently don't meet it.

This is our fifth cruise w/ CCL and we too have never received the call. We use a TA so possibly they would call her. We also get a balcony room so would they ever upsell a balcony?

Archived