So - just how noisy are the Boardwalk View staterooms.

jealdaka

I'm looking for some feedback from those that have been in a BV near the aft of the ship, specifically deck 10. Are they very noisy? Seemed like a great location but now I am wondering. We still have time to change but I don't want to give up the view unless it's necessary.

I'm looking for some feedback from those that have been in a BV near the aft of the ship, specifically deck 10. Are they very noisy? Seemed like a great location but now I am wondering. We still have time to change but I don't want to give up the view unless it's necessary.

We have a deck 10 Boardwalk View Balcony booked for May and im not changing mine no matter what reviews come in. Unless you spend alot of time in your cabin or go to bed early i wouldnt worry. And unless you have the balcony door open i dont think you will here that much noise. Enjoy your cruise. Larry

Some comments on other threads have already come in, and the noise level, in some cases, was indeed an issue. Apparently the carousel has a bell that rings on every ride, and it could be heard in the stateroom even when the balcony door is closed.

I would imagine that anyone booking a Boardwalk-view room should expect, for better or worse, some noise. It's looking like the busiest place on the ship.

We were in a deck 8, aft, port side, just above the boardwalk, about halfway down, and when the door was closed (handle lifted in lock position) we heard nothing. Slept just fine and enjoyed the view and people watching when we were awake.

12303 and 12307 you definitely had noise in the cabin as it was closer to the carousel. dont try to go to sleep while the carousel is running. Or even a late aqua theatre show they had one run at 11 and it was LOUD even with the doors closed and locked.

12303 and 12307 you definitely had noise in the cabin as it was closer to the carousel. dont try to go to sleep while the carousel is running. Or even a late aqua theatre show they had one run at 11 and it was LOUD even with the doors closed and locked.

@parpar22:

How "LOUD" was loud, and since you were on deck 12, howabout noise from deck 15 above?

I've got 12313 & 12315 booked next year, so any additional immpressions about your stay in this area of the ship would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Until we get into the summer crowds with families and their children, we might not really know how good or bad it will be. We did not book a BW cabin just because it looks to be a family intense area and, kids can use their outdoor voice without fear of mom and dad being upset.

Until we get into the summer crowds with families and their children, we might not really know how good or bad it will be. We did not book a BW cabin just because it looks to be a family intense area and, kids can use their outdoor voice without fear of mom and dad being upset.

That's an interesting and good point. Would the BW be louder at certain times? I'm booked, but not until Oct 2010 :( and I totally looking forward to the atmosphere of the BW.

Guess what -- kids aren't the only ones that use their outdoor voice:D:D.

There are several posts that address the issue of the noise. Just look through some of the reviews by people who stayed in these balconies.

It's bound to be noisy..... It's like "hollering up a canyon" - hopefully without the echo.

Another drawback seems to be that you can look into the cabins on the other side...and the view is pretty good depending upon the light. Guess you'd have to keep your drapes closed if you wanted privacy.

Another person noticed that the lights, music and noise from the Aqua theater was pronounced in some of the cabins towards the aft.

Archived