Paper luggage tags? Seriously?

Justcrusin

O.K. Let me start by saying I love Carnival, but I think they could have done a bit better than these lousy paper luggage tags. Now I've got to fight with a roll of tape to laminate these thing?

Anyone else have a better idea? Ohh and Carnival charge me an extra $2 for the pre-printed ready to go luggage tags, I'm O.K. with that!

I just used clear packing tape over mine and punched holes in the ends with a single punch. Used Zip ties to secure and never had a problem.

I did not attach them until we were ready to leave for the ship, but they survived two international flights on the way home and were none the worse for wear.

To me it's a simple answer. I print the STUPID tags out and my wife attaches them with tape to our suitcases. If this helps my cruise line keep costs down and you guys can pay WAY WAY less than RCL for a similar or better cruise in general then so be it. Case closed.

O.K. Let me start by saying I love Carnival, but I think they could have done a bit better than these lousy paper luggage tags. Now I've got to fight with a roll of tape to laminate these thing?

Anyone else have a better idea? Ohh and Carnival charge me an extra $2 for the pre-printed ready to go luggage tags, I'm O.K. with that!

Paper tags are all I have ever received from any cruise line..... I do collect luggage tags, and even the sticky tags in the early 1900's were paper...

For around a quarter each you can have Office Depot print then on card stock, that beats $ 2.00 ~~!!~~

Hello all:

I print mine out at home on cardstock and use packing tape.

I agree with fig414 about cost. But, I did like the old ones that had the elastic strings better. I have one from the Holiday and the Paradise hanging in my garage.

But just like going to ticketless change happens. No more happy dance when the tickets arrive.

Tom in Long Beach

I just printed ours out on 8 1/2 x 8 11 sheets of white sticker paper. Cut them, pull the backing off, and you've got the same sticky tag that they used to make. You can get these at any office supply store, and they are called White Shipping Labels 8 1/2" x 11".

Hope that helps!

Suze!

I just print them on whatever's in the printer never had a problem. I don't laminate them or do anything fancy. Just old it like it says. Last June in Tampa I realized I'd forgotten anything to attach them with, and just stuck the ends together with the remains of the airline tags. They made it to my room just fine. If you can't find anything to do with your time other than complain about non-issues like this, I know a lot of organizations that could use some volunteer help:D

Enjoy

Ron

I agree, that this is a "non issue". Having said that, I was told by the folks on the ship, that the color means nothing, so you might as well save your color ink cartridges, and print 'em black. I too just cover them with clear packing tape, punch a hole in the ends, and stick 'em on the bags with a zip tie. I don't think they could get them off if they wanted to! :D

"SKY"

After we printed our luggage tags, we took them to Kinkos (FedEx Office) to have them laminated for $1.95 (I think). Then we punched 2 holes in them so we could secure them with plastic hardware ties or whatever. Just be sure to write your name on them before you have them laminated.

I actually enjoy the 10 minutes it takes to put some clear tape on them. The kids noticed I was doing it and got excited. Then the tags get stapled to our suitcase handles. All part of the ritual. Life is good. :cool:

I would tend to agree that the paper tags are a pain. I am sure they cut sending out tags for cost savings (mail). Must be a better way. I know at some home ports the porters just slap on the old type tags anyway, but have seen mixed ways recently in different ports.

I just used clear packing tape over mine and punched holes in the ends with a single punch. Used Zip ties to secure and never had a problem.

I do the exact same thing and we have never had a problem, this makes them a bit rain proof as well, I have seen the bins of luggage sitting on the dock ready to be loaded and it was raining on them....could not help but wonder if any of the paper tags getting wet would be legible.

I would tend to agree that the paper tags are a pain. I am sure they cut sending out tags for cost savings (mail). Must be a better way. I know at some home ports the porters just slap on the old type tags anyway, but have seen mixed ways recently in different ports.

I'll say this in defense of the paper tags. I had a very high rate of the old tags getting torn off bags and thus having to spend some time looking for wayward luggage on board. I've only had this happen once since the various lines have gone to this method. Clear tape on the paper tags is much sturdier than the old cheapo elastic loops they prevoiusly used.

And I'll be honest with you, it's ten minutes I'd rather take to slap some tape on some paper than an anxious hour or three hunting up luggage and hoping it wasn't stolen or fell overboard.

I'll say this in defense of the paper tags. I had a very high rate of the old tags getting torn off bags and thus having to spend some time looking for wayward luggage on board. I've only had this happen once since the various lines have gone to this method. Clear tape on the paper tags is much sturdier than the old cheapo elastic loops they prevoiusly used.

And I'll be honest with you, it's ten minutes I'd rather take to slap some tape on some paper than an anxious hour or three hunting up luggage and hoping it wasn't stolen or fell overboard.

point taken, certainly not a big deal either way....just seems like there could be a better way:)

point taken, certainly not a big deal either way....just seems like there could be a better way:)

Yeah they can add the extra dollar back on to the price of the fare and send us some like in the past:D If it is all about cutting a dollar they can do it in a way that it does not inconvenience the customer.........

Archived