Why doesn't RC adjust their website?

We're booked on a short, end of January cruise. The final payment has been made about a week ago. Everything is accounted for.

When I check "My cruise" it shows wine and dine packages, yet when I try to book any package it tells me "it's not available at the moment, please try closer to the cruise date". Okay, I understand, BUT why not just state the obvious? For example, "Wine and dine packages will be available 2 or 1 weeks before your sail date, but in the meantime, here is all the info you need. Hope that you will find our packages to your liking and come back to book one", or something similar. Why have the "VIEW" this enhancment package when you's are not ready to sell it?

At this point it almost makes me forget about the whole deal and just walk away and not even book a package. Why should I be the one to keep on checking?

If RC people are reading this, please adjust your website accordingly. You may be losing some business by the way the site is designed now.

We're booked on a short, end of January cruise. The final payment has been made about a week ago. Everything is accounted for.

When I check "My cruise" it shows wine and dine packages, yet when I try to book any package it tells me "it's not available at the moment, please try closer to the cruise date". Okay, I understand, BUT why not just state the obvious? For example, "Wine and dine packages will be available 2 or 1 weeks before your sail date, but in the meantime, here is all the info you need. Hope that you will find our packages to your liking and come back to book one", or something similar. Why have the "VIEW" this enhancment package when you's are not ready to sell it?

At this point it almost makes me forget about the whole deal and just walk away and not even book a package. Why should I be the one to keep on checking?

If RC people are reading this, please adjust your website accordingly. You may be losing some business by the way the site is designed now.

Have you contacted RCCL with your concern?

Have you contacted RCCL with your concern?

No I have not, because the phone reps probably don't carry any weight in these type of decisions and they will tell me the same exact thing the website is telling me, but that wasn't the point of my post. All I'm trying to say is that RC offers things that they are not ready to sell. Why not just have a simple message to either call them or come back on line a week before the sail date and book the packages? Why have a View/book enhancments available in "My reservations" when RC is not ready to sell them?

I really don't care, but they may lose me as a "package" buyer just because it's p..sing me off

This is the message I get on their site while I'm logged in with my reservation:

Wine Packages are currently not available. Please visit our web site closer to your sail date.

It's the same for the specialty restaurants.

I just don't get it?

I would wait until you get on board anyway. It's not like the restaurants or shore excursions where there is a limited availablility. There's no sense giving them your money before you have to, and sometimes not all the wines listed are available on a particular sailing. You might buy it now and wish you hadn't when you see the actual selection when you get on board.

Archived