PV - Dreams or Krystal?

Wanna_Cruize

Getting ready for our upcoming trip on Splendor, and am still trying to decide on our stop in Puerto Vallarta between 2 options for the day:

1) Dreams All-Inclusive resort ($45 each for a day pass including all food & beverages, spa services available but I haven't been able to get a price list)

2) Krystal Resort - no cost probably to get in but have to pay for food/beverages, the spa treatments will probably cost less.

Anyone with experience in one or both of them wish to give your 2 cents worth??

Getting ready for our upcoming trip on Splendor, and am still trying to decide on our stop in Puerto Vallarta between 2 options for the day:

1) Dreams All-Inclusive resort ($45 each for a day pass including all food & beverages, spa services available but I haven't been able to get a price list)

2) Krystal Resort - no cost probably to get in but have to pay for food/beverages, the spa treatments will probably cost less.

Anyone with experience in one or both of them wish to give your 2 cents worth??

We used the Krystal resort for our cruise day on the DP, we loved the pool but felt the food and beach were lacking. I believed we paid $25 pp that went toward food and drink, we did have to top that off a little.

We stayed at Dream this past Feb and LOVED it, it totally exceeded my expectations ( I am so not into AL's) food, service, pools, beach all were first rate.

I never did do any spa services there, but remembering looking at thge prices and thinking OUCH, they were expensive but totally in line for a highly rated resort.

There is a place in the Southside that I get the best messages and pedicures done as well they offer manicures. Oct 29 I paid $400 pesos for a massage and a pedicure that still looks good today.

http://www.metamorfosisdayspa.com/

Angie is the owner and she is great.

we spent a week at the dreams a few years back and loved the place. i did a ton a research before i dinally setled on the dreams for our vaca. here are a few things that may be worth knowing. First, from all my research the dreams food/restaurants was consistanly reviewed higher than most all inclusives in pv. they also received high marks for serving high end alcohol/drinks. we are not drinkers so this did not matter to us but it worth passing along to you. the resort it self is beautiful. becuase of the setting the beach is basiclly privite to dreams guests only (it is surrounded by cliffs on both sides so the only way to the beach is through the resort. they only let a few vendors on the property so you are not swarmed by them while you are trying to relax on the beach, and as far as the beach goes it is one of the most beautiful beaches in pv. this was important to us when planning our trip and one of the reasons we chose the dreams. the surf can be a little rough but my 10 year old daughter and i had fun body surfing. the was a cross section of people at the resort, but it did not seem to be a "party place" it was more of a relaxing atmosphere was some partying going on if thats what you wanted. its an easy cab ride from the port. we took a taxi into town one day to wal-mart and saw the cruise ships across the way. there is tons of pics &reviews for the dreams at tripadvisor so check it out. hope this helps. oops,almost forget to mention the pools. they were good,not spectacular. 3 pools in all-main pool with swim up bar, 2 other pools seemed to be mainly adult only-especially the infinity edge pool. they were more than enough for us during our stay. hope this helps. we will be crusing on splendor in may 2010 with 3 families (14 people in all/8kids) can't wait. enjoy your trip!!

Thanks for all the input, I think we are going to go to the Dreams Resort this time around. The pics I have seen look awesome, and I'm sure DH will love it.

Got to add my 2 cents. Dreams is a great choice. We were there a couple of weeks ago. Went on the cruise with 3 other couples, while in PV the other guys decided to spend the day golfing. As I don't golf it fell on me to escourt the 4 ladies to Dreams and I think I came out way ahead. We had to get a van because 5 people cant get into a taxi. Cost was $25, comeing back we got 2 taxi's for $12 each. They even have a guy that brings you drinks on the beach.

Yep, Krystal is close, Dreams is nicer, and a stop by the Grand Mayan for a short walking tour on the way back from Dreams would be nicest (the entry foyer is an unbelievable experience!)

Krystal

Krtystal2PV.jpg

Dreams

DreamsNuevoVallarta.jpg

Grand Mayan (giant wave pools at bottom of pic)

GrandMayan2NPV.jpg

GrandMayanTotalNPV.jpg

Does the Grand Mayan do a day pass?

Be careful with the Grand Mayan.......Google Grand Mayan Timeshare salesmens to find out more about them, while the property is lovely, you wouldn't catch me near it. I have heard that the 90 min presentation is a ruthless all day shoot me now experience. No such thing as a short presentation then spend the day on the grounds type deal here.

I have nothing against TS salesmen (my husband sell cars and my best friend sells TS in Whistler) and I am sure there are many good honest salesmen at GM but I have heard some pretty ruthless stories from people who attended presentations.

Please note that the picture of Dreams is actually the new one on Nuevo NOT the Dreams Puerto Vallarta that is usually talked about on these boards. I have been to both and both are nice but totally differant. If I had one day in port I would go to PV Dreams, cheaper and a nicer Puerto Vallarta experience with the lush jungle surrounding you. Dreams Magna is nice but was built on Nuevo grounds developed just for resorts, there is not a Mexico feeling to it, it is nice but you could be anyhwhere in the world.

It is NOT a short walking tour from Dreams Magna to the GM. I work out three times a week and I wouldn't walk that on a hot day when I only have one day in port.

Check out this map

http://www.vallarta-info.com/nuevo.html

We loved our experience at Dreams PV! :D;):) It is about 15-20 minute taxi drive from the cruise terminal (about $12). The grounds are beautiful, they have a swim up bar and the beach was very nice. The staff was friendly and always asking if we needed a drink or food ect. I would recommend it. We are planning on going back there on our cruise in May.

We had no problem touring the Grand Mayan, but it was tight security getting in. We exchanged a drivers license for wrist bands from a gate guard, that was promptly returned by the guard when we left the grounds (you could use any id, expired or otherwise). We were able to tour for as long as we liked. It was a highlight of the port, that visit. A cab could wait for 15 minutes for a short self guided stroll visit that would provide memories of a lifetime

IMG_9511.jpg

IMG_9520.jpg

IMG_9531.jpg

IMG_9585.jpg

IMG_9640.jpg

IMG_9652.jpg

Yes Quincy, the Dreams in south pv looks very nice with-in it's own jungle surrounded little cove

DreamsSouthPV2.jpg

I LOVE this picture :) If I look really closely I can see me at the beach palapas near the old tower and then see us at the main pool and then at the adult pool later in the afternoon

Did you get these from google?? these are good :)

Thanks you :)

I sent an e-mail request to Dreams about their Day Pass and they got back to me right away. I think my hubby and I will go there on our cruise in May. Here is that e-mail:

Dear Guest,

Here is the information you requested re: DAY & NIGHT PASSES—

Subject to availability, we can offer you the following passes for access to Dreams Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta

Day Pass – 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. - $69 usd per person (Includes Breakfast, Lunch, drinks, and beach towels).

Complete Day Pass – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. - $100 usd per person (Includes Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, drinks and beach towels).

Night Pass – 6 p.m. to 1 a .m. - $50 usd per person (includes Dinner, drinks and beach towels)

Cruise Ship Day Pass – 6 hours maximum - $45.00USD per person (includes meals, drinks and beach towels)

Children between the ages of 2 and 12 are half-price.

These prices are available from May 1st to Dec 18th.

The Marina terminal is about 25 minutes from the resort, and the taxi fare is around $150.00 pesos.

You do not need to make advance reservations; you may pay at the time of check in.

If you need more information please contact our Chief Concierge:

Tel. (322) 226 5000 ext. 5511 (from the US dial 011 – 52 + the number))

Fax (322) 221 6000; or email concierge@dreamspuertovallarta.com.mx

Thank you for your interest in Dreams. We look forward to serving you.

Just to be sure doesn't the cruise ship day pass include alcoholic drinks?

I would think so, but hopefully someone who has been there can verify. My other question is in your email it states that these rates are available from May to mid December. I'm going on a cruise in mid January. Would the rates be higher or lower? Not really sure why it would change during January (maybe spring break but not January).

I would think so, but hopefully someone who has been there can verify. My other question is in your email it states that these rates are available from May to mid December. I'm going on a cruise in mid January. Would the rates be higher or lower? Not really sure why it would change during January (maybe spring break but not January).

Drinks are included and I think the price is $10 more in Jan as this is high season in PV. Spring Break doesn't really exist like SB in Cancun

Thanks for replying Quicytoo, I figured it included drinks, but it's nice to know for sure.:)

Hi Square I included the e-mail address in my message they are really quick to get back to you and answer your questions. I'm going in May and I let him know the date so his answer is directed to my question.

We plan to spend the day there on my birthday while we are on the Sapphire in March. Here is the response I got from the resort:

Thank you very much for your interest in spending the day in our Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa while your are in town.

We offer you or very special rate of $55 US dollars per person. Children pay half.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon our Dreams.

It is our pleasure,

Gregorio Robles

Head Concierge

Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resorts & Spa

Tel. (322) 226-5000 Ext. 5520

Pagina web: www.amresorts.com

Unlimited-Luxury. A new and better way to have it all.

Member of ?id=78420&part=2&auth=co and ?id=78420&part=3&auth=co

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.

Archived