Concierge Lounge

Britt23

On the Jewel, the Concierge Lounge is between the Garden Villas and is accessed by stairs across from the elevators on Deck 14. The front of the room is all windows looking out on the Pool Deck, and the views are wonderful. Inside the Lounge are a flat-screen TV, game tables and low couches facing the windows. There is a coffee maker, hot water and a choice of teas, cookies and (when we were there) gummy bears.

Here is a couple of photos:

2397583930057127324S200x200Q85.jpg

2224461650057127324S200x200Q85.jpg

On the Jewel, the Concierge Lounge is between the Garden Villas and is accessed by stairs across from the elevators on Deck 14. The front of the room is all windows looking out on the Pool Deck, and the views are wonderful. Inside the Lounge are a flat-screen TV, game tables and low couches facing the windows. There is a coffee maker, hot water and a choice of teas, cookies and (when we were there) gummy bears.

2224461650057127324S200x200Q85.jpg[/quote

Thanks for the information. Sounds like a library with a view! Always learning something new about the Pearl.

Actually the Pearl doesn't have this lounge like the Jewel does. Instead the Pearl has two Deluxe Owners Suites up there.

~Joyce

2224461650057127324S200x200Q85.jpg[/quote

Thanks for the information. Sounds like a library with a view! Always learning something new about the Pearl.

From the description it would seem that the lounge is not accessible. No other way except the stairs? Is this the best way to get to the concierge? We are booked in a courtyard villa for the April repo cruise. Does anyone know who the concierge is?

It was my understanding that the Lounge on the Jewel was only open to CY Villas and above guests. You would need to have the special elevator key for the Courtyard deck in order to be able to access the lounge.

On other ships, such as the Gem, where this lounge doesn't exist, it seems that the Star Bar (as someone posted earlier) outside of Cagney's becomes the Concierge Lounge as that is where you'd usually find the Concierge during breakfast and lunch times. Nothing special there except for the Concierge and his desk.

It was my understanding that the Lounge on the Jewel was only open to CY Villas and above guests. You would need to have the special elevator key for the Courtyard deck in order to be able to access the lounge.

On other ships, such as the Gem, where this lounge doesn't exist, it seems that the Star Bar (as someone posted earlier) outside of Cagney's becomes the Concierge Lounge as that is where you'd usually find the Concierge during breakfast and lunch times. Nothing special there except for the Concierge and his desk.

I can verify that the Pearl is set up just as described on the Gem...

And not to fear, the juice, cookies, tea, gummy bears and W&W's are set up on a table in the Court Yard ;)

We spent quite a bit of time in lounge and it is indeed only accessible via the stairs on deck 14, which is accessible only with the elevator key card described above. The lounge is available to Courtyard Villa's, Owners Suites, and Garden Villas and is part of the initial boarding tour with the butler. We never saw the concierge there. The concierge was at the Star bar or made phone calls/daily visits to check in with us.

On the Jewel, the concierge is normally available to all suite guests, in the Star bar, outside Cagney's during breakfast to lunch. The lounge on deck 15 is for courtyard guests only. The sign does say concierge lounge, but is not used as an office or meeting place for the concierge.

Al

I can verify that the Pearl is set up just as described on the Gem...

And not to fear, the juice, cookies, tea, gummy bears and W&W's are set up on a table in the Court Yard ;)

Welcome back. I was wondering if you were going to post a review of your recent cruise in your CV on the Pearl? I am curious as we are going to be in an A3 this Jan. on her. Were you spoiled beyond your dreams? Did you love it? Would you do it again given the deal you got? Any tidbit of info would be appreciated.

It sounds as if the Jewel might be the only one with a room designated as "Concierge Lounge," even though the concierge was never up there. :)

I should have mentioned that the Pearl didn't have one. The same stairs pictured in the photo I attached lead up to the two A2 Deluxe Owners Suites on the Pearl (the only way to access those suites, too). We were lucky to have one for an overnight once, but unlucky in that we didn't have more time to enjoy it.

• 2 months later...

Just got back from the Jewel. we stayed in an A-3 Villa. Well worth the money! The Concierge lounge must have been a secret. We found it by accident. I used it about every morning. Almost always empty. It had a better coffee, espresso, latte and Cpp maker than anywhere else on the ship save the espresso Bar. Snacks the same as the courtyard. Very quiet and allows one to watch the ships pools and look ahead in very nice comfort.

Archived