Indian food on the Freedom?

Krissta

I seem to be getting bits and pieces of info, but I was wondering if there are Indian food offerings on the Freedom. I seem to remember seeing something about a section of the Lido deck offering it every day. Or did I make that up? :p

I seem to be getting bits and pieces of info, but I was wondering if there are Indian food offerings on the Freedom. I seem to remember seeing something about a section of the Lido deck offering it every day. Or did I make that up? :p

yes, they have a section in the buffet at lunchtime.

Hi fellow New Hampshirite! Yes, there is a section called the Tandoori station that is on the left as you are walking into the buffet area (before you get to the main buffet). We didn't try the food, so can't comment on it. We walked by it several times before we realized there was something 'different' there.

Hi fellow New Hampshirite! Yes, there is a section called the Tandoori station that is on the left as you are walking into the buffet area (before you get to the main buffet). We didn't try the food, so can't comment on it. We walked by it several times before we realized there was something 'different' there.

Why, hello there! :D

Thanks! That helps. I have a few people traveling with me that love Indian food, so they are super psyched about this!

If it's similar to the Pride, there should be a taste of the nations station on the Lido deck with a part of the world featured every day. I remember for our cruise it was: Italy, Mexico, Middle Eastern, India (yummy tandori chicken) American and something else.

thinking about this we were on the freedom in january this year. there was an indian family seated behind us in the dining room and they had curry, basmati rice and nan bread every night. there was definetly jalfrezi and rogan josh as well as the tandoori and vegetable curry.

the executive chef was indian and what we had was extremely good.

thinking about this we were on the freedom in january this year. there was an indian family seated behind us in the dining room and they had curry, basmati rice and nan bread every night. there was definetly jalfrezi and rogan josh as well as the tandoori and vegetable curry.

We had the same situation on Pride last September and my wife decided to order the meal one night after she saw the Indian people eating it every night. It was delicious, you can order it with or without meats and she ordered the meals with meat. We don't recall what all of the dishes were but did take a picture...

Enjoy!:)

indian-dish.jpg

Wow that looks delicous. Are those dishes on the menu? If not, what do you ask for? Also some carnival ships have an oriental buffet at lunch time that has fried calamari. Is the Freedom one of them?

Wow that looks delicous. Are those dishes on the menu? If not, what do you ask for? Also some carnival ships have an oriental buffet at lunch time that has fried calamari. Is the Freedom one of them?
eedee, as I recall, it was not on the menu in the main dining room and I remember us thinking we would have never known about it unless we saw the Indian family having it at their table each night. So we asked our waiter about it and she told us we could order it (either vegetarian or not) but it was normally ordered special for the people from India so they wouldn't have to figure out our menus - or something like that anyway. But she & her BF decided to try it out and was worth the try; they had it on the final night of the cruise. I would imagine it's available on Freedom too, just ask your waiter about it.

Hi Eedee, they do have a couple Indian dishes on the main dining room menu throughout the week...but I don't think what "The Grumpus" (love it!) posted was a standard menu offering...maybe it has to be special ordered.

There is a Mongolian Wok station that has 3 different meats that can be added to the stir fry - sometimes there's calamari - sometimes not. The meats changed every day...there was usually always chicken and beef. It's right on the main buffet line where the omelet station is in the morning. The lines are generally long and the only time we tried it was when the day we embarked...there were only 7 people in front of us, but we waited at least 20 minutes.

I hope that chef is still there. When we were on the Celebrity Century the Italian Chef was Indian. :confused: Anyway he apparently loved the idea of cooking for vegetarians and I had a custom surprise dinner every night. And I think my first dinner meal on the Splendor was an Indian dish and definitely the best dish on the cruise.:D

Archived