Equinox: menus and photos posted

Infi

Thanks so much, ORCruiser, Karpela, and cruise47.

Karpela: I'm glad the photos helped you know what to expect with embarkation. Enjoy your first cruise, you will be forever spoiled by sailing on Equinox. :)

Cruise47: My daughter took the photos, but she uses a Sony DSC W-1. It's just a regular old point and shoot but it takes some lovely pictures.

My eyes are glazing!!! I've never seen so many photos of one ship before. I"m going on the Equinox in 7 weeks and this was fantastic... Thank you especially for pictures of the gym, something I've been hunting for and have been unable to find anywhere. Celebrity's website needs to do a much better job of showing facilities on their ships! The Equinox looks absolutely stunning and I hope I can take a few pictures as good as some of these.

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures. We are going on the Equinox March 19th for the first time - although now I feel we have been on her already!!! Pictures really help for first time cruisers in new ports. It gives them an idea of what everything will be like. We were in New Orleans about a year ago for a cruise and the pictures we saw ahead of time helped us tremendously.

This link with your pictures should be saved somehow for future cruisers. Just curious, how big was your memory card?!

Did you have Sunday brunch in MDR? We really enjoyed ours on Connie and wonder if they continue the tradition. Will be on Equinox end of March.

Pictures are amazing!

Hi,:) I sailed with Infi and yes we had brunch.

Isabella - Yes, we had brunch. It was on Sunday, which was a sea day. There are brunch pictures under the Day 4 album, if you're interested. I would recommend going earlier rather than later, as it got pretty crowded by lunchtime!

Scrapchick - I had to laugh when you said your eyes were glazing - that is a ton of photos, I know! I've had the same problem, wondering what a specific cabin or part of the ship looks like, and it's so nice when someone has a photo of it to share. Enjoy your cruise on Equinox, please share your photos with us when you get back!

Goldencruiser - I'm happy the photos helped you know what to expect at Port Everglades. Equinox might be at a different terminal than she was at that day, but they're all very similar.

I had to ask DD (the photographer) how big the memory card was, and she said it was 4GB. Sounds pretty big to me! Have a great cruise.

Love these boards - so much well shared information.

Counting my days till March 29........I can't remember when I was that excited about sailing on the new ship. Possibly over 10 years ago when Princess had her Grand Princess came out.

Don't you just love cruising!

Hello all,

Though I haven't finished my review of the 11/19 sailing due to lack of time recently, I did want to share these photos of the cruise. (Note: I did not take these photos, they are all courtesy of my shutterbug daughter.) Here is the link:

All of the dining room menus, specialty restaurant menus (and Blu) are also here, under the Food/Menus album. There's also many photos of the ship itself under the Celebrity Equinox album. Enjoy, and I hope future cruisers will find them useful. :)

Really huge thank you for posting the photos and food menus, were due to go on Eclipse end of April, I can't wait to sample some of those delights, the look amazing, but I will miss my key lime pie from the lovely Independence but I'm sure I will cope... :eek: Mark

Isabella - I love cruising in general, but this is certainly a ship to get excited about! Enjoy your cruise.

beardedladies - Thanks so much, glad you liked the photos. Food pictures are fun to look at, I wonder why more people don't post them! I think you'll be more than satisfied with the food on Equinox, it's excellent - there's more than enough dishes to make up for missing that key lime pie! Have a great cruise.

• 1 month later...

very nice job with the pics & menus..thank you for sharing them...

We will be on Equinox in Jan 2011 so we have a ways to go but are looking forward to it.. our itin is different ...can';t wait to try all the specialty restaurant items previewed in the MDR!

I will post this link for our roll call...

Isabella - I love cruising in general, but this is certainly a ship to get excited about! Enjoy your cruise.

beardedladies - Thanks so much, glad you liked the photos. Food pictures are fun to look at, I wonder why more people don't post them! I think you'll be more than satisfied with the food on Equinox, it's excellent - there's more than enough dishes to make up for missing that key lime pie! Have a great cruise.

Dear Infi,

Did you and your daughter attend a Connections party while onboard? I'm having a difficult time getting everyone on my thread to sign up. I was hoping you could give me some information that would help me tempt them. ;)

Thanks!

Renee

Dear Infi,

Did you and your daughter attend a Connections party while onboard? I'm having a difficult time getting everyone on my thread to sign up. I was hoping you could give me some information that would help me tempt them. ;)

Thanks!

Renee

Hi Renee:) I sailed with Infi and her daughter but our cruise was only

4 nights so there was not an "Official Cruise Critic get together".

We did end up meeting alot of folks from the roll call though:D.

When are you cruising? Sometimes it just takes some time to get folks

signed up.

I am sailing on SUMMIT in May and we only have 11 signed up:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone, it's great to see that people are enjoying these photos and finding them helpful! :)

Hcat (and anyone else sailing on Equinox) - I really liked the new menus. I think we tried all of the "taste of (specialty restaurant)" items on the menus and each was better than the last. Don't miss out on those!

Renee/onacruise - Like Lois said, our cruise was too short to have an official connections party by Celebrity so we just had an unofficial meetup. I see your cruise is at the end of June, that's still some time away. As the date approaches, the roll call will become more active and more people will post and sign up for the party. Another thing to consider is that the Med cruises are pretty port intensive and tiring, and that may be a reason people are hesitating to commit. I'm not sure what will tempt them...Celebrity doesn't do much for their parties other than provide a venue/bartender, if I recall correctly. :o You've just got to keep mentioning it every so often, and I'm sure people will sign up eventually. Good luck, and enjoy your cruise!

Archived