PA11 Antarctica review

chalfont15

Pacmom, Thanks for your correction of my unclear sentence. My meaning was that we would only know this summer if we could make a cruise scheduled for the January expedition.

We are going to the Arctic this June-July and we would like to travel to both poles in our lifetime. A trip to the South pole (or as close as we could get) is my most desired trip of a lifetime. Wouldn't it have been something to have been on Shackleton's expedition!

Have a happy holiday!

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are booked on the 17 day, December 19 - January 5, 2010, Looking forward to hopefully a marvelous experience. Thanks for all the info regarding the landings. This time next year we will be in the Antarctic Peninsula. Anyone out there on this expedition?

My husband and I are booked on the 17 day, December 19 - January 5, 2010, Looking forward to hopefully a marvelous experience. Thanks for all the info regarding the landings. This time next year we will be in the Antarctic Peninsula. Anyone out there on this expedition?

Are you on the December 19 2010-Jan 5 2011 PAII cruise? We are considering that cruise as well.

Thanks for your great review. We are thinking of this cruise for 1/5/11, and I was just wondering if you could tell me if the seas were rough in Antartica for just during the Drake passage?

Butternut8 - We did the 12-10 to 12-21 itinerary, and the Drake was the only rough part of the cruise - up to 5m swells which could be unpleasant after a while. Luckily it was only like that for about 50% of the crossing.

Don't know if it's typical, but everywhere from the S Shetlands on down was pretty smooth sailing for us.

My husband and I are extremely interested in this cruise too. However on the Silver Sea cruise site I cannot find descriptions of the cabins. Is there someplace this is shown so as to choose accommodations?

Six pages of pictures of cabins on the Prince Albert / PA II here:

http://ngaire.smugmug.com/Cruise-Lines/Silversea/Prince-Albert-II-Cabins/5865446_D6fUj#P-1-12

Archived