Celebrity Summit Aft Cabin 9162

Blake2737

My family and I have recently changed our booking to an aft cabin on the Celebrity Summit. we have sailed on this ship before, concierge class, but never in a completely aft cabin. Has anyone else stayed in this cabin or the other 4 on this deck? I am looking for any insight into this room and its balcony.

Thanks

My family and I have recently changed our booking to an aft cabin on the Celebrity Summit. we have sailed on this ship before, concierge class, but never in a completely aft cabin. Has anyone else stayed in this cabin or the other 4 on this deck? I am looking for any insight into this room and its balcony.

Thanks

The room is a regular concierge class room. The balcony is probably 4 times as deep as a regular CC balcony. You'll have 2 loungers, 2 regular chairs, and a good-size table. And room for lots of friends. Think you will like it!

Here are some pictures of what the room will look like and the balcony.

The view aft while sailing is great, the balcony size is wonderful, (about 10 ft wide and 20 ft deep) and the room size is acceptable.

However be aware that you will have noise from above. Right above your room is the aft outside portion of the buffet and there will be sound from wooden chairs and tables being dragged around the wooden deck, some napkins will blow onto your balcony, along with the odd cigarette butt You will also likely hear the bar phone ringing constantly during the evening

If you can get an aft cabin on 7 or 8 that would negate most of the negatives mentioned or if these aren’t an issue, go for it.

f0suau.jpg

2eyb4i9.jpg

sb3oft.jpg

2vjyfja.jpg

2me1xcn.jpg

Blake; we were in 9197 last March, the noise issue was concerning to me throughtout all the posts. I NEVER heard any noise. Nothing. I will say that an added plus was at 500 pm the soft music from the bar came down to our balcony and made the trip even better. This Feb we have the same room but on a lower deck. I will miss the music!

We stayed in that cabin last spring on the Summit's transatlantic crossing and absolutely loved it--the balcony is unbelievable. We will be staying in another aft cc cabin on that same deck in February. Noise from the deck above never was a problem for us. Also didn't notice any trash. It was probably quieter than other cc cabins I've stayed in because there is no hall traffic. We also liked the short trip up to the buffet area and the convenient aft elevators. When I found out an aft cabin was available for next Feb. I cancelled the Solstice cruise I had booked and took it. It is possible there could be more activity on the overhead aft deck during the Caribbean cruise but I don't think it would be enough to matter. :)

Don't worry - we've been in 9192, 8185 and deck 7 also. Love the aft cabins. We never had problems with trash and, as said, the music from above was great. It's a great location and you'll love it, especially if you like some sun and a lot more shade.

Don't worry - we've been in 9192, 8185 and deck 7 also. Love the aft cabins. We never had problems with trash and, as said, the music from above was great. It's a great location and you'll love it, especially if you like some sun and a lot more shade.

What about engine noise when you are docking or at sea????

• 3 years later...

The M-Class ships do have great aft cabins. The super-large balconies, the wake view and the evening music from the oceanview Bar above are all great. We were in 7208 on Connie for a 14 day cruise in 2011. Loved it!!

When booking try to get an aft on Decks 7 or 8. There have been reported issues concerning the Deck 9 cabins with moving furnature noise, falling debris and privacy issues due to the bar one deck above on Deck 10.

So, try to book an aft on Decks 7 or 8 first. If none of those is open, by all means book one on Deck 9. Also, don't forget about CC1 cabins 6143 & 6144 which are in "suiteland". We had 6143 on Summit and that was also a great cabin with an oversized balcony. Would probably book one of those before a Deck 9 aft. But that's a close call and my opinion only!

We had 9162 on the Millie for a Hawaii cruise this past Oct/Nov...most of the previously discussed issues were complete non-issues for us. I had booked 3 aft/stern cabins, but let our friends stay in those on 7 and 8....but still, we enjoyed 9162. Very little noise (never bothersome); no falling debris and no privacy issues. Loved the view; Loved the balcony !!

Enjoy !

Woody

oh yes...and pads for the 2 loungers were quickly obtained by my Wonderful Stateroom Attendant !!

Edited by rwr235

Loved the room and the balcony last February, but did find some noise issues..they seemed to rearrange that heavy teak furniture above at midnight or 1. No noise at all in the corner FOV on deck 9 the previous year. This year we will see how the aft balconies are on deck 11! We do love aft balconies and the Summit.

• 1 year later...
Here are some pictures of what the room will look like and the balcony.

The view aft while sailing is great, the balcony size is wonderful, (about 10 ft wide and 20 ft deep) and the room size is acceptable.

However be aware that you will have noise from above. Right above your room is the aft outside portion of the buffet and there will be sound from wooden chairs and tables being dragged around the wooden deck, some napkins will blow onto your balcony, along with the odd cigarette butt You will also likely hear the bar phone ringing constantly during the evening

If you can get an aft cabin on 7 or 8 that would negate most of the negatives mentioned or if these aren’t an issue, go for it.

f0suau.jpg

2eyb4i9.jpg

sb3oft.jpg

2vjyfja.jpg

2me1xcn.jpg

Thank you for the pictures and information. My wife and I will be in 9162 on the June 29th Sailing. I am thinking your pictures are a little dated and the room has been upgraded (Solsticized) to include flat screen interactive TV's. :)

What about engine noise when you are docking or at sea????

We were just in Summit FV 8181 and were surprised that we heard/felt absolutely no noise when getting into port (although only docked in Bermuda and then Cape Liberty). We have been in many aft cabins and have usually felt a little (sometimes a lot!) of noise/shaking when docking.

• 3 weeks later...
Cruise Critic is always so useful. I just booked 9162 for a Bermuda sailing in July. It's great to see just how huge that balcony is!

Just finished sailing in Cabin 9162 on Celebrity Summit, Did not have an issue with trash. Noise however can be an issue if you attempt to go to bed before 11:00 PM. Several times the noise was so bad even turning our TV on did not drown out the noise.

Made a complaint and was told noise would be reduced after 10, did not happen, in fact I think it was loudest the last 2 nights on the cruise.

Really depends on the entertainer in the Sunset Bar, as 1 of them was extremely pleasant in volume always (Jonny Mantra), and I highly recommend his show if he is still aboard. The other entertainer I am certain had the guests flamenco dancing at one point and I thought the roof was going to collapse.

If you stay out past 11PM not an issue as it was never loud past then.

P.S. Bermuda was awesome :D

• 1 year later...
We had 9162 on the Millie for a Hawaii cruise this past Oct/Nov...most of the previously discussed issues were complete non-issues for us. I had booked 3 aft/stern cabins, but let our friends stay in those on 7 and 8....but still, we enjoyed 9162. Very little noise (never bothersome); no falling debris and no privacy issues. Loved the view; Loved the balcony !!

Enjoy !

Woody

oh yes...and pads for the 2 loungers were quickly obtained by my Wonderful Stateroom Attendant !!

I'll be in this cabin, this year, 2016, Hawaii to Vancouver. Were the seas calm for you? Also can you tell me if there were hooks in the bathroom behind the door? Any bathroom pics? Thx!!!

• 1 year later...

We will be in this cabin next month for an Alaskan cruise - do you know what time the bar on top of it closes? Is there smoking allowed in the bar area? Starting to worry about the room and noise issues... Thanks for any guidance - although too late to change now...

We will be in this cabin next month for an Alaskan cruise - do you know what time the bar on top of it closes? Is there smoking allowed in the bar area? Starting to worry about the room and noise issues... Thanks for any guidance - although too late to change now...

We did the Trans Pacific in this cabin. I will admit there was some noise.. but honestly I was able to tune it out. The Balcony is very big.. and well worth the small amount of noise. There was NO Smoke at all.. I would have freaked out as I get very bad headaches from smoke.

Enjoy.. I would take this cabin again.