It's not a question of money, but it's about money!

Rob&Nancy

On Equinox I understand that there's a $5.00 charge for the Bistro on 5, and obviously for the specialty restaurants (and the bars!:D), but can anyone tell me what other "cost centres" there are on Equinox?

Sushi? Gelato? Specialty coffees? Pastries and desserts anywhere?

I'm just curious, I like to know ahead of time if there's a charge. (I generally go ahead and do it anyway, but I do like to know!)

Thank you!

On Equinox I understand that there's a $5.00 charge for the Bistro on 5, and obviously for the specialty restaurants (and the bars!:D), but can anyone tell me what other "cost centres" there are on Equinox?

Sushi? Gelato? Specialty coffees? Pastries and desserts anywhere?

I'm just curious, I like to know ahead of time if there's a charge. (I generally go ahead and do it anyway, but I do like to know!)

Thank you!

Hi Rob and Nancy:)

No charge for Sushi

Gelato..depending on how many scoops is the price factor.

I want to say 1 and 2 scoops are the same price but I can't

remember if it is 2.00 or 3.00.....

3 scoops is more $

Specialty Coffees vary in price but pastries/desserts are complimentary.

So you are paying for your beverage.

I have my dailies here from the 11/19 sailing I was on but they

don't have any prices listed...only hours of operation and if they

have a charge.

By the way, the Gelato? It is DELICIOUS:D

Hi Rob and Nancy:)

No charge for Sushi

Gelato..depending on how many scoops is the price factor.

I want to say 1 and 2 scoops are the same price but I can't

remember if it is 2.00 or 3.00.....

3 scoops is more $

Specialty Coffees vary in price but pastries/desserts are complimentary.

So you are paying for your beverage.

I have my dailies here from the 11/19 sailing I was on but they

don't have any prices listed...only hours of operation and if they

have a charge.

By the way, the Gelato? It is DELICIOUS:D

Are you saying Equinox does not have a free ice cream (gelato) bar as on M class?

Are you saying Equinox does not have a free ice cream (gelato) bar as on M class?

Yes, they have free ice cream:) That is up at the buffet.

Gelato is on deck 5 near the Cafe where they have the Coffees/Teas/

Pastries (like the Cova Cafes on the other ships). It is called Cafe Al Bacio on the S class ships.

Gelato and Ice cream are 2 different animals:)

On the S class there is a venue Silk Harvest where there is Sushi. That is a specialty venue and there are other offerings beyond sushi and with an expected Asian theme.

There may be some sushi in the buffet area in the late afternoon, I don't really recall. We didn't see any at lunch time unless we really missed it. I know we didn't have any and would have if we had seen it in the buffet. We again decided to not try Silk Harvest in favor of the other venues.

There is sushi in the buffet area after 4:00 p.m. If you are really a sushi fan, Silk Harvet would be well worth the $ for you since you can order a wider variety than offered at the buffet area obviously.

I was personally underwhelmed by Silk Harvest. Food was average imo (on par with PF Changs) but service veered between obsequious and over the top and long disappearances. Not my cup of tea.

There is sushi in the buffet area after 4:00 p.m. If you are really a sushi fan, Silk Harvet would be well worth the $ for you since you can order a wider variety than offered at the buffet area obviously.

I was personally underwhelmed by Silk Harvest. Food was average imo (on par with PF Changs) but service veered between obsequious and over the top and long disappearances. Not my cup of tea.

Do you know if Silk Harvest is open for lunch?

Silk HArvest is evening only - you book it as a speciality restaurant. There have been mixed reviews from the best to the worst. We cannot try it because of DHs food allergy - so much f what is served there would be a no for him but I may go next trip

My wife and I felt exactly the same. I wouldn't go back to Silk Harvest for the price. However I really don't have enough superlatives for Murano.

To the OP, while there are plenty of places to spend extra money on S class ships, you certainly don't need to. Aside from alcohol and crepes, you can get versions of everything they charge for for free, it's just not as good or presented with as much service.

Have to agree I thought the bistro was brilliant - the hickory steak crepe was paritcuarly good as was the banana and caramel one - I could happily have eaten there more often

Good idea Phil, it would be a great evening stop after a long day out

Archived