Can You Check In Separately on the Same Itinerary (Delta)?

Quampapetet

I have to check in at the Delta desk inside the airport (can't check in online or at the kiosk), but the other person who is on my itinerary now is going to be arriving at the airport on their own and they are always running late (when picking them up for flights, it is always a half-hour or so wait outside their home while they finish packing :rolleyes:). Do I have to wait for them to get to the airport in order to check in or can we check in separately? I've always been with the other person/people when flying with others, so this going to the airport separately thing is new to me. (And don't bash the other person too much - they're family. ;))

If you each have your own tickets you can check in individually but if you are both on the same ticket, you have to check in together.
You can't have two people on the same ticket. A ticket is for one person only.

You can have two people on the same reservation, but they will each have their own ticket and their own unique ticket number (a 13-digit number, not the booking reference).

I have never personally encountered any trouble when trying to check-in separately from companions who are on the same booking - indeed, no trouble even when I know that my companions are not going to show up for the flight at all.

Archived