Quatchi's Conquest Cruise Review October 2009

BC Todd

Our last day at sea was quite rough. Our suite was on the seventh deck and waves were crashing over our balcony. We tried breakfast in the dining room for the first time and was not overly impressed. It was ok, just nothing special. A quick omlette on the buffet line is fine for me.

DSCF1404.jpg

DSCF1405.jpg

View from aft windows in dining room while at breakfast.

DSCF1409.jpg

Quatchi hanging out with his last towel animal...having a good time too!

DSCF1410.jpg

We are up early to finish packing, then it is off to VIP Self Assist...

We used the VIP Self Assist debarkation and were told to be in a small room off the main dining room at 7:00 am. So, me being me, I had to be at least 20 minutes early. We knew it would be sometime around 7:45 or so before we allowed off, but we like to be early for everything. This is especially true when you are going to fly all the way back to Vancouver in one day. Anyways, when we arrived, there were all ready a three other couples waiting in this room. When walked in, took a chair (there had to be twenty chairs) and began to wait. Sure enough, more and more people began to arrive and when 7:00 am arrived people still were coming. As you can predict, the room was too small, we were now trapped in the back of the room (even though we were there early) and many groups were spilling into the hallway. Anyways after another disappointing debarkation process we flew home via San Francisco and got home with no surprises.

DSCF1412.jpg

It was our best cruise yet. Love the ship, love the ports, loved the weather, loved the crew.

Next is our B2B a year from now...no wait...it is less than a year! Yahoooooooooooooo Bye for now!

• 3 weeks later...

Great review! Loved your mascot....we've already gone on this itinerary on the Conquest and we are leaving again in 6 weeks! We also did the new eastern caribbean route on the Conquest, but it is not near as much fun (or sun) as the western Caribbean itinerary!

Loved the pics too!:D

• 7 months later...
I had missed this review before, glad I saw your link off the other thread. I really enjoyed the review & the pictures! Your mascot is so cute too & really enjoyed himself I could tell. :D

Thanks Meyer2, We had a great time after taking a few years off cruising. Now we are back in the fold, so to speak, and am looking forward to this December!

Archived