At what point is it okay to complain?

TheTravelista

For what it's worth:

If even half the participants in this thread who are as fed up as I am with the attacks being discussed just used the "Report Bad Post" triangle icon...

I think the Mods would soon get sick of deleting posts from the offenders and start banning a few of 'em. Let's all give it a try.

Just sayin....

For what it's worth:

If even half the participants in this thread who are as fed up as I am with the attacks being discussed just used the "Report Bad Post" triangle icon...

I think the Mods would soon get sick of deleting posts from the offenders and start banning a few of 'em. Let's all give it a try.

Just sayin....

I have tried it many times.. and unless you are the one under attack, it does not usually work:o

Don't think I would want to see a picture of a lot of them in skirts;). Did you see the picture of Mach from the Bloggers Cruise this past Feb?:eek:

Might not be a good picture but would lighten things up a little they take things to serious.:)

Okay, I am going to chime in here. I too, have stop reading most posts. They just aren't the fun, joshing type of reading I want to do. It seems people are too sensitive.

With that said, we have taken 14 cruises. Not alot compared to most. In all the 14 cruises, we did have one not so good one. I think some of it had to do with other influences. We were on the last cruise on the Holiday, prior to her going into dry dock. I won't go into detail here, because this thread is not about my review. But do to constuction going on during our cruise we did not get alot of sleep. I think our reaction to what was happening was hampered by the lack of sleep. One night there was a pounding on the side of the ship that sounded like someone beating on it with a hammer. Come to find out, because the ship was tied up to the dock, the rope was rubbing against the side and nothing could be done. We did not sleep much that night. The next day we went to take a nap. We were the farthest cabin in the back, but the rooms did not go across the aft. There was an open deck area there for crew only. They decided to use that as a construction shop and use the tile cutter, butted up against our cabin. Still no sleep. I think if we weren't so tired, the little things wouldn't have bothered us as much. More "things" happened and I think we just chalked it up as a not so good cruise. So, the moral of this long boring saga is, there may be other factors as to why people have bad cruises, little things bother them or whatever. It is still their opinion and they are entitled to it. I just skip over most thread now, like some will do with mine. :D

Still miss the old days, where we could poke good fun at some of the questions asked. Like has anyone every sailed on such and such a ship? My answer, why no, it sails empty, week after week. Just my sick sense of humor.

I'm done now, back to the regular schedule.

Don't think I would want to see a picture of a lot of them in skirts;). Did you see the picture of Mach from the Bloggers Cruise this past Feb?:eek:

I saw it in person.....It wasn't a skirt...It was a nightie kinda thingy....:eek::eek:

In the words of a dear great uncle; a journalist; with happy tears in his eyes he said, "I have one thing to say about this thing it was a very good thing."

Thanks for the thread and help you all...Happy Holidays, sjn911

In the words of a dear great uncle; a journalist; with happy tears in his eyes he said, "I have one thing to say about this thing it was a very good thing."

Thanks for the thread and help you all...Happy Holidays, sjn911

This is quote of Uncle at a family reunion...see I missed that.

Discussion was helpful and had good points to ponder...sjn911.:)

And the bolded is exactly what I mean. Just because its hogwash to you doesnt mean its hogwash to the next person. Somebody may have REALLY been looking forward to San Juan on that voyage, booked the cruise for that port alone or any other factors. The point is if they want to be upset about it, that's their right. And its not fair that they are called a whiner or a complainer for it.

As long as they aren't slapping the Captain upside his head, drop kicking the cruise director or spitting in the Purser's face or coming back to CC and calling everyone every name under the sun, I think its MORE than okay for someone to express their disappointment in a respectful manner if they choose to do so.

We were on that Dream cruise. If someone HAS TO BE in San Juan (or anywhere else specifically) then they should fly there.

It is a CRUISE SHIP...NOT A BUS. But they don't fly there...because a cruise is less expensive than the airline tickets, hotels, meals and transportation ! (plus you also get 8 other days on a cruise ship)

Yes, it is fine to be disappointed. But when you have a man calling into the morning show saying his 50 year old wife is staying in her cabin all day CRYING because we missed San Juan.... then they have earned the title BUS RIDER!!!

FYI, no one was more disappointed than Carnival Senior Cruise Director John Heald and a group of Bloggers on this cruise. We had planned for over a year to have a special party for a Blogger who lives in Puerto Rico. John had made arrangements for her to come onboard. We had brought school supplies (she is a teacher in a poor section of the country) for her students. She is like family to John.... But we are TRAVELERS....so realize that things like this happen.

And to hear the Piss Moan and Complaining Club that John and Todd had to endure on the Morning show was ridiculous.

It is perfectly ok to be disappointed.....it is NOT ok to be a whining bus rider.

For those who don't know....the Star Ship Simulator program that all Captains train on (cruise and freight....because all Captain need to practice docking at different ports before they actually have to do it for real) DID NOT have the new artwork on it. It had been added AFTER the program was written and San Juan never bothered to add it to the STAR program. Thank goodness Captain Carlos caught the problem before a lifeboat was damaged and we were all flying home from San Juan.

We tried a second dock...but it was not deep enough. San Juan has no tenders and the docks were to high to use the lifeboats as tenders.

Believe me....Carnival tried everything.

Did "Ms crying in her cabin" care about any of this? No...she and her husband were to busy acting like spoiled children. And yes, they earned the title whiner and worse.....

I think you misinterpreted what I said, I basically said the reviews that say oh it wasn't as good as blah blah blah, without giving clearcut reasons, are not helpful to me.

In the past there have been RC Champions that indeed have come on and said in a nutshell Carnival food is not as good, entertainment not as good, etc........... very subjective things, those I do not find helpful ........comparisons I absolutely DO find helpful, I perhaps didn't explain it as well but I agree with you about the comparisons, just not when they don't give explanations as to why they think they are inferior.

I am one that does not believe one cruiseline does everything the best. And there are indeed "trolls" that come here to get peoples goats.

Happy Cruising!!!

Carole

I think you hit on a good point.

I plan to sail all the cruise lines before my final debarkation.

We currently only cruise Carnival because we have a son with Autism that is comfortable there.

I have no problem with complaints about Carnival or any other cruise line....

BUT....I also look at people's AGENDAS and believe me...they are out there.

There is one poster on these boards that has written almost 180 posts and 99% of them have been negative about a Carnival Corporation Cruise Company.

They have said awful things about Carnival and has yet to admit that they have even ever been on a Carnival cruise....EVER....

This is what I don't like about Cruise Critic.

Reviews are only as good as the integrity of the people posting them.

If I wanted to....I could go on a RCCL cruise ship and find faults left and right.

But what good would that do the newbie that is coming on here for HONEST information.

What good does "generalizations, exxagerations" and blatant lies (like Carnival now charges for their ice tea on LIDO) do anyone????

And this kind of campaign of blatant lies on cruise forums about Carnival from RCCL folks that has been exposed is NOT making RCCL happy at all.

RCCL is just now getting over the "pay for good reviews" Royal Champion fiasco....the last thing they need is folks making RCCL look even more foolish and petty.....

Ive recently come back to CC after a long....very long hiatus...

There seems to be a reoccurring theme on these boards that really just leaves me flabbergasted time after time.

When someone returns from a cruise giving an opinion of something they didnt like or something that upset them while on their cruise, a mob comes back with "Well a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work" "Get over it" "It could be worse" "Here come the complainers" "What a whiner" or things of that nature.

Is it that hard to believe that just because something doesn't upset YOU it may very well drive the next person to tears?

A most recent example is the Dream missing the port in San Juan thread. There were people who claimed they would have been upset and others who said they wouldn't have cared because they don't care for San Juan and much prefer a Sea Day. I can agree with both of those views but Im not going to put down the next person because they would be upset that the ship missed a port when it could have been avoided.

At what point do the "Just get a DOD and get over it" crew feel that its okay to respectfully have a complaint?

Haven't you noticed the obvious pattern:confused: These people are the 7 day to nowhere cruisers.....they could give a flip if they ever see land.......

Check it out and you will see I'm right;)

Haven't you noticed the obvious pattern:confused: These people are the 7 day to nowhere cruisers.....they could give a flip if they ever see land.......

Check it out and you will see I'm right;)

So port "junkies" are better than seafarers?

Once again, IF a cruiseline KNOWS it will not be able to keep its itinerary and does not tell future pax in advance, that is wrong.

But it IS an itinerary, not a contract of transportation.

If a port ha to be missed for whatever reason once the cruise is underway, only those with an inability to read, have any complaint. And theirs is unfounded. The contracts are written as they are because the Whim of the Sea is the ultimate ruler.

Archived