At what point is it okay to complain?

TheTravelista

[quote name='firefly333']I am back and forth about leaving CC myself. I love to be helpfull, but tired of the b.s. you go thru here. Im very close and tossing the idea around right now, dont want to do something rash, know CC doesnt care how many people leave, there are always newbies to take their place.

I think CC is best for newbies, not for cruisers that already know what they like.[/QUOTE]
I was just kidding about the ice cream comment. :(

[quote name='firefly333']I am back and forth about leaving CC myself. I love to be helpfull, but tired of the b.s. you go thru here. Im very close and tossing the idea around right now, dont want to do something rash, know CC doesnt care how many people leave, there are always newbies to take their place.

I think CC is best for newbies, not for cruisers that already know what they like.[/quote]

Don't leave Fire... If all reviews were hunky dory, there would be no truth..

:)

[quote name='Nunu']Rumor has it they hide out on facebook. :p[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=green]Some are on YouTube Videos[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=green]Did yall see the "Riot" video thread[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=green]Some comments sure sounded like CC peeps[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=green]I might have been one of them:eek:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Nunu']I was just kidding about the ice cream comment. :([/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]Tbay-eh[/B] [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=22283652#post22283652"][IMG]http://boards12.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG][/URL]
[I]You are an embarrassment to my country.[/I]

Nunu, why is this quote is so many of your posts? Just curious

[quote name='trock']Don't leave Fire... If all reviews were hunky dory, there would be no truth..

:)[/quote]

Not about that, other b.s. which of course I cant say what Im upset about. I do think CC drives away the most experienced cruisers ... where is Wennfred and other helpfull people ... they got driven to the point it wasnt worth it. I can name others who post less now ... I know Im not the only one feeling this way.

[quote name='cuyahoga11']Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]Tbay-eh[/B] [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=22283652#post22283652"][IMG]http://boards12.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG][/URL]
[I]You are an embarrassment to my country.[/I]

Nunu, why is this quote is so many of your posts? Just curious[/QUOTE]

That's just what another poster thinks of me. I should probably change it but keep forgetting since I have signatures turned off.

[quote name='Nunu']I was just kidding about the ice cream comment. :([/quote]

I know .... :p but I do think if you say some things were broken or whatever, people think you arent just making factual observations, you must not have had a good cruise. .. except for that one Conquest cruise where Ike upset me, I loved all my cruises.

[quote name='ducksoupforme']We all know that the people who post the sentiments to which you refer get angry in other situations that we would be fine with.
I think some people are really desperate to have every vacation be a perfect experience and hearing of someone else's differing experience is unacceptable for them.
Yet why should a day of vacation be perfect? I'm always amazed that people say things like "A bad day on vacation is better than a good day at work". My response to that is "Get another job".
So complain away! Being free to express positive and negative opinions is healthy![/QUOTE]
If it had been my first cruise, and had never been to San Juan, I would be unhappy about it. Would I complain? I don't know. I would probably just deal with it if they had a good explanation. I've been on ten cruises and have never complained about anything, altho sometimes things didn't go perfectly, such as my cabin not being cleaned on a few days. I don't expect everything to be perfect all the time. I know everyone that works on the ship from the captain to the cabin steward is doing the best they can. Stuff happens.

Princess has the following sticky on their board. Carnival should have one, too. Not that it would do alot of good, but we could at least refer to it when we're being blasted by somebody. I think they should delete the word "new" though. It should refer to anybody, not just the new members.

[B]Snarky responses to new members' reviews[/B]
We're very dismayed regarding some of the behavior shown to new members who have found Cruise Critic for the first time, and are posting their reviews on the boards. Many of you have decided that their opinions/complaints/experiences aren't valid, and are posting snarky and inappropriate comments. This behavior isn't demonstrating the true spirit of Cruise Critic's community.

We consider this behavior "disruption" which is a violation of our Community Guidelines.
[URL="http://www.cruisecritic.com/"][COLOR=#de203e]Cruise Critic[/COLOR][/URL]

[quote name='firefly333']:D You make everyone smile.[/quote]

Agreed.. Nunu is very funny.. some do not get his wit..

[quote name='firefly333']Not about that, other b.s. which of course I cant say what Im upset about. I do think CC drives away the most experienced cruisers ... where is Wennfred and other helpfull people ... they got driven to the point it wasnt worth it. I can name others who post less now ... I know Im not the only one feeling this way.[/quote]

I know ! Where has Fred been or Lucy? jeezzzz

[quote name='ChrissyBTX']Princess has the following sticky on their board. Carnival should have one, too. Not that it would do alot of good, but we could at least refer to it when we're being blasted by somebody. I think they should delete the word "new" though. It should refer to anybody, not just the new members.

[B]Snarky responses to new members' reviews[/B]
We're very dismayed regarding some of the behavior shown to new members who have found Cruise Critic for the first time, and are posting their reviews on the boards. Many of you have decided that their opinions/complaints/experiences aren't valid, and are posting snarky and inappropriate comments. This behavior isn't demonstrating the true spirit of Cruise Critic's community.

We consider this behavior "disruption" which is a violation of our Community Guidelines.
[URL="http://www.cruisecritic.com/"][COLOR=#de203e]Cruise Critic[/COLOR][/URL][/quote]

Excellent.. Laura should post that especially on Carnival

[quote name='arizdback']

I would never in a million years post anything negative. The only way you could post anything negative without being attacked would be if:
1. Someone was killed.
2. The captain did it.
3. There is video on YouTube of him doing it.
4. And most importantly.....the OP has over 100 posts.
[/quote]

That's pretty funny.

[quote name='firefly333']Not about that, other b.s. which of course I cant say what Im upset about. I do think CC drives away the most experienced cruisers ... where is Wennfred and other helpfull people ... they got driven to the point it wasnt worth it. I can name others who post less now ... I know Im not the only one feeling this way.[/quote]

This is true on a number of the CC boards. There seem to be alpha posters everywhere who seem to think they will be the ones who decide whether a post is out of line or not. Then, the rest of the posse agrees with them.

[quote name='trock']Agreed.. Nunu is very funny.. some do not get his wit..

I know ! Where has Fred been or Lucy? jeezzzz[/quote]

I think Iv seen Lucy post in the wee hours on Randy's Magic thread now and again.

I dont know about Fred and others, but I do think some times we are treated like children.

I used to rush to internet cafes to post on CC when I cruised. This last time I might have posted a few times, but mostly I couldnt be bothered. Its not the fun place for me it used to be. Its more like a habit right now that I just need to replace and find something else interesting to do instead of CC. Yes, Im serious, "this" close to walking away since I got back from my cruise, thinking hard. If something is no longer fun, then maybe I shouldnt be here any more.

[quote name='firefly333']I think Iv seen Lucy post in the wee hours on Randy's Magic thread now and again.

I dont know about Fred and others, but I do think some times we are treated like children.

I used to rush to internet cafes to post on CC when I cruised. This last time I might have posted a few times, but mostly I couldnt be bothered. Its not the fun place for me it used to be. Its more like a habit right now that I just need to replace and find something else interesting to do instead of CC. Yes, Im serious, "this" close to walking away since I got back from my cruise, thinking hard. If something is no longer fun, then maybe I shouldnt be here any more.[/QUOTE]

Buy a motorcycle and join adv riders board, it's a blast. :D

This is a great thread. The OP must have thought carefully about bringing up these points in an appropriate manner to get so many thoughtful responses. I miss Fred & Lucy, too. Haven't seen Trock in a while or several others, but this thread shows me you are still reading like me.
I don't post alot but have been here since before my first cruise. I read most days, but don't feel compelled to get involved in the petty stuff anymore.
I still find this one of the best places to come for port info and our last cruise on Miracle was a CC group cruise that was one of our best in spite of the fact that we missed St Lucia, which is the reason we booked that cruise.
Never had a "perfect" cruise, never had a bad one.
Thanks for starting this thread.
Sally

[quote name='Nunu']Buy a motorcycle and join adv riders board, it's a blast. :D[/quote]

You might be on to something. I think I cruised too many times this year. 7 was too many. I need to go to Branson and Vegas or Disneyland and more land vacations. Explore something other than cruising for a while.

I would never leave CC forever ... just take some time off.

[quote name='firefly333']I think Iv seen Lucy post in the wee hours on Randy's Magic thread now and again.

I used to rush to internet cafes to post on CC when I cruised. This last time I might have posted a few times, but mostly I couldnt be bothered. Its not the fun place for me it used to be. Its more like a habit right now that I just need to replace and find something else interesting to do instead of CC. Yes, Im serious, "this" close to walking away since I got back from my cruise, thinking hard. If something is no longer fun, then maybe I shouldnt be here any more.[/quote]
:( I don't disagree with what you are saying... lots of anonymous bullies behind the keyboards..

[quote name='sallyb']This is a great thread. The OP must have thought carefully about bringing up these points in an appropriate manner to get so many thoughtful responses. I miss Fred & Lucy, too. Haven't seen Trock in a while or several others, but this thread shows me you are still reading like me.
I don't post alot but have been here since before my first cruise. I read most days, but don't feel compelled to get involved in the petty stuff anymore.
I still find this one of the best places to come for port info and our last cruise on Miracle was a CC group cruise that was one of our best in spite of the fact that we missed St Lucia, which is the reason we booked that cruise.
Never had a "perfect" cruise, never had a bad one.
Thanks for starting this thread.
Sally[/QUOTE]

You're welcome Sally =)

I would also like to thank you and everyone else who contributed to this thread. Its been a pleasure reading all response.

Lets hope its this pleasant tomorrow morning! LOL

[quote name='*Luv2Cruise*']Lets hope its this pleasant tomorrow morning! LOL[/quote]

I hope so too.

.... and even if I do take a needed break from CC, my CC friends are still my CC friends and I always answer emails. My email is in my profile and anyone can always say hello. I have made some great friends thru CC.

[quote name='5waldos']I was just thinking about the same issue- that any complain about a cruise is taken by some as an attempt to destroy the reputation of Carnival.[/quote]

Well, they are just asking for it when they come on and say, "everything was good until this happened and I think I'm going to sue because my soup was cold" and "I think I should get a free cruise for that".
[quote]
And frankly I have not often seen people saying that because of this or that less than great thing that happened that their entire cruise/vacation was ruined. [/quote]I see that on the board all the time and in addition, "I'm never going to cruise on Carnival again".

when I read through reviews I can always sort out what would irk me and what would not. I admit to shaking at head at things that are pretty silly or petty in my mind. yet, I respect everyone's opinion. I certainly appreciate examples and details in a review.

I can not figure out why people get so upset when someone posts something negative. It is an opinion, people. If you think the carnival board is bad, try costa. I panned the food on [I]MSC [/I]and I was accused somehow of being the type of person that must like the Olive Garden (gack! lol).

[quote name='GlendaleCruiser']Well, they are just asking for it when [B]they come on and say, "everything was good until this happened and I think I'm going to sue because my soup was cold" and "I think I should get a free cruise for that".[/B]
[B]I see that on the board all the time and in addition, "I'm never going to cruise on Carnival again"[/B].[/quote]
This is the exact kind of hyperbole that the level-headed participants on this thread are frustrated by. The vast majority of people who post negative criticism do not say these kinds of things.

Archived